Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Winks would be a great signing. Our crowd will make him a better player.
Would love to team him up with Ward-Prowse. I'd trust Lampard to know a decent midfielder so if he fancies Winks that's good enough for me.

Grammatically “would look” is a future conditional = something that has not begun but might come to pass in the future under certain conditions.

So the article indicates a future possibility rather than reporting a present reality; in short, the reporter is speculating re Winks. Off how much source information? That we cannot know.

Yes but the condition behind that is obvious, in that spurs would have to be willing to listen to a loan offer for us to be able to loan him - which is a likely outcome.

So a future real conditional not a future unreal one

I think Winks would be a great signing. Our crowd will make him a better player.
Would love to team him up with Ward-Prowse. I'd trust Lampard to know a decent midfielder so if he fancies Winks that's good enough for me.
Is he much better than Tom Davies?. I agree technically on the ball he is but is it what we need. With tight funds we have, think we need to address major key areas. First one being a holding midfielder, a centre back and potentially replacement for Richie.

Is he much better than Tom Davies?. I agree technically on the ball he is but is it what we need. With tight funds we have, think we need to address major key areas. First one being a holding midfielder, a centre back and potentially replacement for Richie.
I don't think Tom is good enough for us. Shame as he seems a top lad - but footy is ruthless - so I think we need to move him on.

Welcome Winky.

Expected to complete Tarkowski signing, who was apparently leaning towards us over Villa.
Winks (loan with option) & Gallagher on a list of players we want, Lampard wants at least 4 in this window. Gilmour liked too

….this one doesn’t last very long.

A loan with an option eh.

Well at least we are learning slowly.

Unless we cave to Levy Ball.

If it does happen wont happen until later in the window, Daniel will want to flush out maximum desperation.

So, it looks like:

CB: Tarkowski (Free)
CM: Gallagher (loan)
DM: Winks (loan)
DM: Gilmour (Fee)

3 England internationals and a young Scottish international.

I'd be happy with that if we were able to shift some players out and extend our best guys contracts.

I think weve seen Lampard work well with those player profiles linked.

For the negativity around Winks...hes a VERY good passer but looks like his confidence was ruined in a similar way to Dele's perhaps.

Id be happy seeing both in the same 11 as they seemed to do well together under Pochittino who loved both of them.

Perhaps Lampard can bring their confidence back...if he can then theyre both high quality technically gifted players.

In addition, if we are successful in shifting certain players out fees I hope we can sneak in one or two more younger profile players....but those 4 would definitely seem to make us more 'robust' and also more suited to Lampard.

Cheick Doucoure
Do we have £15m+ to spend on him? Can he adapt to the PL?

Will he pick us over other clubs? such as clubs with European football who are linked, or even Palace who are heavily interested where he would be managed by a French speaking former world class defensive midfielder (which I'm sure would be an attractive proposition for him).

You have suggested he is a player who 'might not suck'. Big gamble on someone when the people championing him aren't even convinced. Especially when we are skint and are playing in the freebie/loan categories.

Do we have £15m+ to spend on him? Can he adapt to the PL?

Will he pick us over other clubs? such as clubs with European football who are linked, or even Palace who are heavily interested where he would be managed by a French speaking former world class defensive midfielder (which I'm sure would be an attractive proposition for him).

You have suggested he is a player who 'might not suck'. Big gamble on someone when the people championing him aren't even convinced. Especially when we are skint and are playing in the freebie/loan categories.
You're right. Let's instead just sign Winks and suck. Why risk it

You're right. Let's instead just sign Winks and suck. Why risk it
I mean I don't want winks, but signing kids from the French league is a gamble. We don't have the money to take gambles right now. Because if they fail, we are in an even worse position.

They have to also want to come to us, and like I say, is it likely that he would pick us over a club in Europe, or even over viera?

I mean I don't want winks, but signing kids from the French league is a gamble. We don't have the money to take gambles right now. Because if they fail, we are in an even worse position.
I'd argue it's the opposite. I think we have to take on some risk or we can't move forward.

Maybe he's not the right risk but unless we're doing something with a downside there is no upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back