Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd argue it's the opposite. I think we have to take on some risk or we can't move forward.

Maybe he's not the right risk but unless we're doing something with a downside there is no upside.
I agree, every transfer is a risk, at the moment I think we can only afford to take low cost risks, not high cost risks

I agree, every transfer is a risk, at the moment I think we can only afford to take low cost risks, not high cost risks
I don't think we should spend over 25m on a transfer ever.

I don't mean that super literally but we should set an upper limit and try really hard to not move it. We need real guidelines for our business.

Maybe don't expect a manager to come in to a relegation fighting team and expect him to get them playing as if they are top of the table.

We haven't signed any bad players under this manager and dof so not sure why you are so upset.
That isn't my expectation, I promise.

Gray at £1.5m is the transfer benchmark for me; if we can pick up bargains like him then all will be well.

I don't want to be used as a clearing house for Spurs taking their cast-offs not with what Levy (shrewdly) manages to get others to pay. With that in mind it's a no to Winks unless we get him for under £5m.

Gilmour looks too much of a lightweight and as others have said when he's surrounded by better players he looks ok but with Norwich he couldn't even get a game regularly. Definitely not for me.

Gallagher would be a different answer; looks a smashing prospect.

Asked my Spurs mate about Winks because to be he is garbage

Said at the base of a midfield 3 Infront of a back 3 he is good, very progressive with his passing but physically not good enough

Not sure it's what we need but if we are sticking to a back 3 him on loan isn't awful

That isn't my expectation, I promise.
I mean, you have literally just said you don't back Lampard because of the "frustratingly bad football" we played because it wasnt "fun 7th placed football".

Despite all the reasons I explained, with the main one being, we were 16th when he took over and in a relegation scrap, not in 7th.

So it was your expectation. (I exaggerated a little with the 'top of the table' but it was obvious what I meant)

I mean, you have literally just said you don't back Lampard because of the "frustratingly bad football" we played because it wasnt "fun 7th placed football".

Despite all the reasons I explained, with the main one being, we were 16th when he took over and in a relegation scrap, not in 7th.

So it was your expectation. (I exaggerated a little with the 'top of the table' but it was obvious what I meant)
I'm saying bad as in "a lot of times when you play like that you lose" not bad as in my eyes are bleeding and/or I'm asleep and/or Sam Allardyce is aroused by it.

It was both, but I'm concerned more with the first part. Our biggest win of the season was Chelsea and we got lucky. You'll argue that and i don't feel like it.

All this to say we need to sign better players. Winks and Tarkowski aren't that or aren't enough of that at least.

I'm saying bad as in "a lot of times when you play like that you lose" not bad as in my eyes are bleeding and/or I'm asleep and/or Sam Allardyce is aroused by it.

It was both, but I'm concerned more with the first part. Our biggest win of the season was Chelsea and we got lucky. You'll argue that and i don't feel like it.

All this to say we need to sign better players. Winks and Tarkowski aren't that or aren't enough of that at least.
OK, next time, we will have to make sure our biggest win is against someone better than the team that were European Champions at the time. Regardless of how we won.

Thing is mate to get Bellotti in on a free you'd have to offer him massive wages, which means if he was a bust, we won't be able to ship him on.

Just look at Mina, Jamo, Allan, for evidence of that, two we are stuck with and one we couldn't manage to ship him off to any semi serious league due to the wages.

Bellotti is also a completely different type of cf to DCL, meaning players you bring in to suit one are likely not to suit the other.

We need a focused recruitment now to a style and to a purpose and to finally avoid just signing players because oh they look good for x,y,z without thinking about where they'd actually fit into the team structure.

As you said earlier about cb needs - we seem to have done that - identified what we need,what we lack and how to address that as part of a plan with current players integration in consideration. It's why Tarkowski is a signing that makes complete practical sense and gives hope we are finally doing it in the right manner.

Next up is cm, where we need two distinct types of players (3 really but unlikely I guess)

I do agree that he is a gamble and might be on fairly high wages but I think Tosun was supposed to be on the same so I think we should be offering him either something similar or even less than Tosun and we would actually be getting a CF who would come close to the first team unlike our Turkish friend.

It’s a difficult line to treat but it we sell DCLand Moise Kean and Tosun’s wages are off the books too, I wouldn’t be upset with us spending quite a decent chunk on this lads wages considering he does have a good pedigree.

CB, DM and CM all priorities though but this wouldn’t be the worst option if we needed to sell DCL to be able to bring three players in those positions

But Winks allows us to move Gomes/Allan on, giving us space to replace them.
That's a really odd way of looking at it.

If someone's in for Gomes then great, sell him. But why bring in Harry Winks, who is arguably a level BELOW Doucoure and Iwobi, to replace him?

We need a new DM and a new CM who are both BETTER than anyone we currently have.

Winks will be looking for a tidy wage, and if he's only on loan then Levy will want us paying his existing wage. He's just not a good fit in any way for our current needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back