Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit harsh. He had a good rep prior to coming to us and getting multiple horrific injuries. Can hardly say he has no pace or tenacity when we have barely seen him.
We need someone who can carry the ball with pace, able to press effectively with Doucoure and not being overrun by counterattack.

We never had a balance midfield for years because we keep signing slow players while every other team in the league are moving towards physicality and pace in the middle of the park.

Which is why we are struggling against almost every team in the league.

Primitive signing.

We need someone who can carry the ball with pace, able to press effectively with Doucoure and not being overrun by counterattack.

We never had a balance midfield for years because we keep signing slow players while every other team in the league are moving towards physicality and pace in the middle of the park.

Which is why we are struggling against almost every team in the league.

Primitive signing.
I mean, it's not like we HAVE to sign physicality and pace in the midfield. Spain won everything for 6 years with a pretty average midfield(in terms of pace and physicality only)

Our problem is that our players (and links so far) are neither good on the ball or off it, not good in passing or reading a pass, not good at making runs or locating runs. It's like the worst of everything all rolled in to one marvelous crap sammich.

I mean I don't want winks, but signing kids from the French league is a gamble. We don't have the money to take gambles right now. Because if they fail, we are in an even worse position.

They have to also want to come to us, and like I say, is it likely that he would pick us over a club in Europe, or even over viera?
We also don’t have the money to afford anyone who is a sure thing. Quite the conundrum…

Think I've said before on here that Winks is probably a better player than many people give him credit for. He uses the ball really well, breaks lines with his passing in fact id go as far as to say that he uses the ball better than any centre mid we've had since Gareth Barry. He's one-paced and fairly lightweight though and he doesn't have anything like Barry's defensive nous.

He wouldn't be my first choice. Far from it, but I'm encouraged with being linked with this sort of profile of player. We need far more players in the side who are comfortable on the ball and can pass it, particularly through the middle of the pitch.

I mean, it's not like we HAVE to sign physicality and pace in the midfield. Spain won everything for 6 years with a pretty average midfield(in terms of pace and physicality only)

Our problem is that our players (and links so far) are neither good on the ball or off it, not good in passing or reading a pass, not good at making runs or locating runs. It's like the worst of everything all rolled in to one marvelous crap sammich.

Spain had world class passing abilities of xavi and Iniesta to overcome that. It is not a practical comparison and signing Winks to emulate this style is definitely not going to work.

Football has evolved, especially in the premier league. Which is why slow players like Davies and Gomes can no longer hold a place and influence the game anymore.

So, it looks like:

CB: Tarkowski (Free)
CM: Gallagher (loan)
DM: Winks (loan)
DM: Gilmour (Fee)

3 England internationals and a young Scottish international.

I'd be happy with that if we were able to shift some players out and extend our best guys contracts.

I think weve seen Lampard work well with those player profiles linked.

For the negativity around Winks...hes a VERY good passer but looks like his confidence was ruined in a similar way to Dele's perhaps.

Id be happy seeing both in the same 11 as they seemed to do well together under Pochittino who loved both of them.

Perhaps Lampard can bring their confidence back...if he can then theyre both high quality technically gifted players.

In addition, if we are successful in shifting certain players out fees I hope we can sneak in one or two more younger profile players....but those 4 would definitely seem to make us more 'robust' and also more suited to Lampard.

We don’t need Gilmour and Winks mate they bring similar things, personally I’d go with Gilmour.

Im on the fence about Gallagher to be honest, he’s a good player, but not sure he’s value any more, last season was the time. But look you back the manager.

Id still be hoping wed be in the market if possible for Brennan Johnson & LPotter. Which makes me reluctant on a big investment on Gallagher, as I think creativity and threat is a priority. While i also think there needs to be player trading in central midfield, we may have a need for a central midfeilder but we still have a hell of a lot of them and need to player trade before we bring in another layer including, Winks, Gallagher or Gilmour to my mind - easier said than done.

Is Gallagher actually a serious target?

Would surprise me as surely he's going to get a chance up to January at least for Chelsea given his progress in last two seasons? Or failing that he goes back to Palace again for one more loan spell unless he's desperate to work with Lampard.

Steve Cooper had him on loan at Swansea didn't he although I doubt he'd consider Forest.

Gilmour, Winks and Tarkowski sounds more like it really.

Think I've said before on here that Winks is probably a better player than many people give him credit for. He uses the ball really well, breaks lines with his passing in fact id go as far as to say that he uses the ball better than any centre mid we've had since Gareth Barry. He's one-paced and fairly lightweight though and he doesn't have anything like Barry's defensive nous.

He wouldn't be my first choice. Far from it, but I'm encouraged with being linked with this sort of profile of player. We need far more players in the side who are comfortable on the ball and can pass it, particularly through the middle of the pitch.

He ain’t no Gareth Barry mate. He is a nothing player. Perhaps a slightly better version of Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back