Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray at £1.5m is the transfer benchmark for me; if we can pick up bargains like him then all will be well.

I don't want to be used as a clearing house for Spurs taking their cast-offs not with what Levy (shrewdly) manages to get others to pay. With that in mind it's a no to Winks unless we get him for under £5m.

Gilmour looks too much of a lightweight and as others have said when he's surrounded by better players he looks ok but with Norwich he couldn't even get a game regularly. Definitely not for me.

Gallagher would be a different answer; looks a smashing prospect.
Yet Gallagher didn’t get an assists or goal in his 12 or 13 games of the season or something like that. Good player though. It’s about balance you can’t have 3 doucoure’s in midfield or you will have 20% possession every week. Not saying Gilmour is the answer, but long term frank wants to keep the ball, so players like Gilmour will be more likely the players the club target. Get the right personal and it can work, not every player has to be 6ft.

And gray was cheap on the back of 5 poor years at Leicester,
And gray went back to that form in the 2nd half of the season. Nice cheap option that will hopefully mean we make a profit on him,
But gray isn’t going to help push for the European places

OK, next time, we will have to make sure our biggest win is against someone better than the team that were European Champions at the time. Regardless of how we won.
One thing the Engurlish could benefit from learning is that when you talk about a game afterward it is ok to criticize a team even when they win and say maybe they should try to be better the next time. Even though they won.

I miss the days of Gana for 7m
I miss the days of players being "expensive" at that price. Jags, Distin, etc. The last 5-7 years the whole valuations of players has easily quadrupled if not way more. Relegated players usually meant you could get them for relatively cheap, not Norwich asking £30 fn million for Max Aarons and Watford asking for £40m for Sarr ffs...

I'm going to blame Spurs for all that. Pretty sure they started the overpaying for Championship players when they bought Bentley from Blackburn I want to say?

Not sure if he's any good or if Italy are only playing him to cap him to stop other countries but Gnoto is an 18 year old starting for them. Surely better than definite bum belotti who would be crap and has been so for 5 years

Asked my Spurs mate about Winks because to be he is garbage

Said at the base of a midfield 3 Infront of a back 3 he is good, very progressive with his passing but physically not good enough

Not sure it's what we need but if we are sticking to a back 3 him on loan isn't awful
Sounds like the modern age Sinny Vamways for us older mob on here to me ;) lol

One thing the Engurlish could benefit from learning is that when you talk about a game afterward it is ok to criticize a team even when they win and say maybe they should try to be better the next time. Even though they won.
Played to a game plan that worked. We aren't going to go and play exciting, fun football against teams that are currently levels above us. It's not about trying to be better, it's about playing to teams current strengths and grinding out results when you are in a relegation scrap. We did what we needed to for the position we were in.

If lampard had gone into the next game to play some 'fun' football and we then lost multiple games and got relegated, you'd have been wanting him sacked for not keeping us up.

We aren't in that position now, so the manager and dof can try and put their stamp on things with how they want to play. But with cash restrictions, we have to take low cost gambles that don't include big transfer fees.

Played to a game plan that worked. We aren't going to go and play exciting, fun football against teams that are currently levels above us. It's not about trying to be better, it's about playing to teams current strengths and grinding out results when you are in a relegation scrap. We did what we needed to for the position we were in.

If lampard had gone into the next game to play some 'fun' football and we then lost multiple games and got relegated, you'd have been wanting him sacked for not keeping us up.

We aren't in that position now, so the manager and dof can try and put their stamp on things with how they want to play. But with cash restrictions, we have to take low cost gambles that don't include big transfer fees.
If you win it worked. If you lose it didn't.

That's weak thinking in this sport.

That's a really odd way of looking at it.

If someone's in for Gomes then great, sell him. But why bring in Harry Winks, who is arguably a level BELOW Doucoure and Iwobi, to replace him?

We need a new DM and a new CM who are both BETTER than anyone we currently have.

Winks will be looking for a tidy wage, and if he's only on loan then Levy will want us paying his existing wage. He's just not a good fit in any way for our current needs.
I was playing devils advocate mostly.

I do not want to buy or loan Harry Winks.

I’m done if we sign Winks.

Why are we always signing weak and slow midfielders with no tenacity and pace over and over again.

Cleverly
Schneiderlin
Gbamin
Klaasen
Gomes
Allan

enough is enough.
Bit harsh. He had a good rep prior to coming to us and getting multiple horrific injuries. Can hardly say he has no pace or tenacity when we have barely seen him.

I’m done if we sign Winks.

Why are we always signing weak and slow midfielders with no tenacity and pace over and over again.

Cleverly
Schneiderlin
Gbamin
Klaasen
Gomes
Allan

enough is enough.
It’s true. It’s like Everton have an obsession in signing this type of player. Never learn ?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back