Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep powder puff. You old enough to remember how weak Leon Osman was? Gilmour takes it to another level
Really ?...this lad ?
Screenshot_20220608-070431_Chrome.webp

Up agst Kalvin Philips & Declan Rice.

I like him. I think he's got the ability to be really great.

At the same time he's one of those midfielders who will drift out of the games where he isn't making an impact in the final third and I don't really love those midfielders.

There is a place for him but that's why having a real system is to recruit for is so important. If you know what three players you want in midfield then you can sign Gallagher with confidence that he'll be able to do what you're looking for.

For me you play Gallagher in a free role in a front three.
I know he's primarily a midfielder but I think his energy and work rate harries opposition and creates space for the team.
He reminds me of Firminiho across the park. Albeit not as naturally goal scorer.

We will not be, or anywhere near be pushing for a European place next season, aim for 10th with the restrictions we have and I am sure you wont be disappointed

If we push for players like Gilmour who couldn't get a game for the worst team in the league last season we will be in the same place as last season, maybe one step worse
I was waiting for a response like that.
We will not be anywhere near Europe, so let’s keep bang average players and have no ambition.

Yes we probably Won’t be anywhere near Europe next season, but that’s what we should be pushing for. Gilmour played 24 games for Norwich he may not be the answer, but we have limited money so to buy a young players with potential for decent fee’s is the way to go imo

I was waiting for a response like that.
We will not be anywhere near Europe, so let’s keep bang average players and have no ambition.

Yes we probably Won’t be anywhere near Europe next season, but that’s what we should be pushing for. Gilmour played 24 games for Norwich he may not be the answer, but we have limited money so to buy a young players with potential for decent fee’s is the way to go imo

Zinchenko, Gallacher and Gilmour as a midfield 3 could work well, have Dacoure, Davies as backup, play Deli in the Richy role Gordon on the right with DCL/Broja up front would certainly be much much better on the ball

Gallaghers a strange 1, he looked different gravy at the start, but he basically went AWOL for 6months for Palace.

Would cost a lot of money for a lad who basically played for a 4month period.

Same for Broja, think both are a coin flip at this point.
He was similar at West Brom, great at first but tailed off, he was a bit of a headless chicken at times getting booked and giving fouls away

Zinchenko, Gallacher and Gilmour as a midfield 3 could work well, have Dacoure, Davies as backup, play Deli in the Richy role Gordon on the right with DCL/Broja up front would certainly be much much better on the ball
I’d still like another wide forward Witt goals in him. And iwobi and dele gives us other options in the midfield 3

I’d still like another wide forward Witt goals in him. And iwobi and dele gives us other options in the midfield 3

Agree, it's about trying to find a balance of how we want to play, getting in those that can play that way, keep those that can or who can fill into roles in that system.

DCL/Richys future is the conundrum atm as they are the two genuine goalscorers we can expect to get 10-15 goals if healthy.

Lose one or both that is a big problem

Gallagher is a good player but he is hard to place. He is an ok passer, ok defensively, ok attacking...but doesnt stand out in any area outside of energy and pressing. Against teams that sit back he is completely nulified. I know he tailed off towards the end, but Eze came in to the side so he took a lesser attacking role.

He is a good player, on his day amazing but if Palace didnt sign him again this season, id be ok with it.

Agree, it's about trying to find a balance of how we want to play, getting in those that can play that way, keep those that can or who can fill into roles in that system.

DCL/Richys future is the conundrum atm as they are the two genuine goalscorers we can expect to get 10-15 goals if healthy.

Lose one or both that is a big problem
Well I think we need to lose one I’d sell both, we need a reset and I don’t think they will be huge loses. Both very good players but inconsistent. 25 goals shouldn’t be hard to find with 200mil

I want to see some clever signings that maybe work out a lot better than they would on the face of things. I always felt moyes was good at doing that. Everyone we’ve bought recently seems to be either what you’d expect or a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back