Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spain had world class passing abilities of xavi and Iniesta to overcome that. It is not a practical comparison and signing Winks to emulate this style is definitely not going to work.

Football has evolved, especially in the premier league. Which is why slow players like Davies and Gomes can no longer hold a place and influence the game anymore.
I didn't say Davies and Gomes are even close to the answer just like i didn't say it was a good comparison. Just that, in theory, you COULD get away with not having the pace and physicality if you had absolute ballers in midfield.

I see the Broja links are getting heavier

23B056DA-3AC4-4542-BFE8-5453A157D01E.webp

This is me with Super Frank after the Chelsea game, my first comment to him was “if we get relegated don’t take off on us” he laughed and said “I’m not going anywhere don’t worry” then I thanked him for his time before saying “Broja in the summer then?” He laughed kind of nodded down to his steering wheel and said “we’ll see where we are, good call though”

So I am Deffo taking credit for inspiring this transfer if it happens ? ??

View attachment 169222
This is me with Super Frank after the Chelsea game, my first comment to him was “if we get relegated don’t take off on us” he laughed and said “I’m not going anywhere don’t worry” then I thanked him for his time before saying “Broja in the summer then?” He laughed kind of nodded down to his steering wheel and said “we’ll see where we are, good call though”

Everton is the only club im not seeing linked atm.

I mean sure there are Everton links, but they are mostly old, he wont be coming here.

We don’t need Gilmour and Winks mate they bring similar things, personally I’d go with Gilmour.

Im on the fence about Gallagher to be honest, he’s a good player, but not sure he’s value any more, last season was the time. But look you back the manager.

Id still be hoping wed be in the market if possible for Brennan Johnson & LPotter. Which makes me reluctant on a big investment on Gallagher, as I think creativity and threat is a priority. While i also think there needs to be player trading in central midfield, we may have a need for a central midfeilder but we still have a hell of a lot of them and need to player trade before we bring in another layer including, Winks, Gallagher or Gilmour to my mind - easier said than done.

His post says loan for Gallagher

Yeah sign Tarkowski + Gilmour.
Gallagher on loan
Winks on loan.

Were the rumoues really last 24 hours.

My guess is that they were Winks + Gilmour and we would need both rotating over a season really. If ones out we'd have no cover.

Gilmour if Lampard wants him then he could become top notch. A confident Winks is a different beast as well.

Very cheap summer and that + last year could be a good short term strategy.

I'm hoping that this is all just the press thinking that Lampard seems like someone whose transfer strategy would be lads who won the last of their five England caps four years ago.

Tarkowski was 4 years ago, Winks 2 years and Gallagher current.

May be lazy to say but I could see Lampard really doing well with English players.

Was a great shout mate, he had it all in there, steel, tenacity, tackling, pressing, energy, progressive play and was hitting splitting passes through lines and the eye of a needle, making everything tick, crime against football City playing him as a covering full back - and I like him there. All round midfielder if ever I saw one and instantly improves any team. I hadn’t seen him there before. The City lad on here recently was right if you get him for anything South of 35 mill you’ve done very well. He’d be perfect for us a real catalyst.

I like Gallagher, but if it was a choice I’d definitely go for Zinchenko with midfield in mind. To get both I think your talking 60 million and the rest and no way are we doing that unfortunately, even one would be a bit of a pipe dream. Maybe if we sold Richarlison for North of 80 mill or like you say DCL for a decent fee, but we’d need funds elsewhere to fill the gaps their loss would create. I also think we could do with shifting some of our midfielders, namely GoMes and Gbmin, with Delph. But like you I’d Pay City’s asking price.

Think even Zinchenko, Doucoure and Dele could work, Zinchenko gives you that foundation to play from, he’d instantly improve any midfield, except City’s it seems.

£60mil for Gallagher + Zinchenko ?

Kean £27.5mil
Keane + Mina £20mil
Allan £10mil

£57.5mil already.

We should be focusing on less players but high potential. Also moving alot on.

Gallaghers a strange 1, he looked different gravy at the start, but he basically went AWOL for 6months for Palace.

Would cost a lot of money for a lad who basically played for a 4month period.

Same for Broja, think both are a coin flip at this point.

I feel like I'm being gaslit with all this Zinchenko talk.

I'm 99% certain that he's a nothing player who will drop off the radar completely when he leaves City, but people posting about him like he's Redondo is making me doubt myself.
Im pretty sure you are trying to gaslight us.

Man City dont buy nothing players. They can get anyone they want in the world, with few exceptions, so if they bring in a player and play him a lot, it means they think hes one of the best in the world. If you dont, thats fine, but Ill probably believe Pep over anyone on a forum. If Man City let a player go, it probably means they consider that player only 2nd or 3rd best in the world now.

Gallaghers a strange 1, he looked different gravy at the start, but he basically went AWOL for 6months for Palace.

I like him. I think he's got the ability to be really great.

At the same time he's one of those midfielders who will drift out of the games where he isn't making an impact in the final third and I don't really love those midfielders.

There is a place for him but that's why having a real system is to recruit for is so important. If you know what three players you want in midfield then you can sign Gallagher with confidence that he'll be able to do what you're looking for.

And next May we'll be saying whoops as we trudge off to face Blackpool and Millwall

Don't think those two teams will come up Oil?

We will finish 10th next year, with a controlled influx of the correct players both youth and experience

Its going to be a good experience for everyone watching the team grow over a period of four or five windows (So wont happen overnight)

Yet Gallagher didn’t get an assists or goal in his 12 or 13 games of the season or something like that. Good player though. It’s about balance you can’t have 3 doucoure’s in midfield or you will have 20% possession every week. Not saying Gilmour is the answer, but long term frank wants to keep the ball, so players like Gilmour will be more likely the players the club target. Get the right personal and it can work, not every player has to be 6ft.

And gray was cheap on the back of 5 poor years at Leicester,
And gray went back to that form in the 2nd half of the season. Nice cheap option that will hopefully mean we make a profit on him,
But gray isn’t going to help push for the European places

We will not be, or anywhere near be pushing for a European place next season, aim for 10th with the restrictions we have and I am sure you wont be disappointed

If we push for players like Gilmour who couldn't get a game for the worst team in the league last season we will be in the same place as last season, maybe one step worse

View attachment 169222

Have your returned to blighty for good Ash, or returning back to Oz?

He didn’t go AWOL, he just wasn’t scoring loads of goals, people had a false expectation of the sort of player he is because they’d seen he’d scored a few goals early on but hadn’t actually watched him. He’s a ball winning midfielder, he’s not attacking or creative.

View attachment 169222

Hanging out the car window talking transfers, Uncle Harry would be proud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back