Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really ?...this lad ?
View attachment 169224
Up agst Kalvin Philips & Declan Rice.
This is the thing, he’s what 20 and has had a handful of excellent performances. You could get him for 15mil and some of our fans thing we’d get 10mil for Tom Davies. We’ve been linked With Josh Brownhill ffs and he’d cost 15mil I’d rather take a punt on a young lad with a lot of potential.

This is the thing, he’s what 20 and has had a handful of excellent performances. You could get him for 15mil and some of our fans thing we’d get 10mil for Tom Davies. We’ve been linked With Josh Brownhill ffs and he’d cost 15mil I’d rather take a punt on a young lad with a lot of potential.

Gilmour would be cheaper than 15m mate, he's entering the last year of his contract, he could go abroad in 12 months for nothing.

Maybe, but I still think Chelsea will think his age and potential will keep the price up

Guessing a low initial fee plus add-ons and sell on is the likely outcome if he moves.

They'd get the tribunal development fee if he went in twelve months to an English club, but abroad they'd get zero if he went abroad though which given his skillset can see a fair bit of interest from Germany, Spain,France etc (especially so as they know if he kicked on they'd be able to get a silly transfer fee from an English club in a few years - and the Chelsea young lads don't seem at all fazed by taking the route of going to play in Europe either)

We have to try and find different ways of doing things, and look to the examples some other clubs have set.
There is no better time to start than now.

Atletico Madrid in the early Simeone years, Sevilla, Monaco, Atalanta, Dortmund. To greater or lesser degrees they all offer templates for us to adapt to in terms of a sustainable transfer policy.

With the state we are in, I think the overwhelming temptation is to be conservative and avoid risk-taking but too much of that and we will be stuck in the mud or worse. The link to Winks is typical of this type of thinking if true.

We need radical change, not all at once, but a calculated approach to offer young talent on the up a platform to perform here.

Don't think they do mate, least not seen any reliable source saying so yet.

If that's true, he'd be first on my list. That kid is as talented as anyone I've seen coming through for a number of years. I think a lot of people are judging based on that loan spell he had last season, but it would be hard to shine in that side given they were, statistically, the 7th worst in the history of the Premier League.

If you watch his Scotland performances or his Chelsea ones you're left with a very different impression of the player and if you're genuinely talking under £15m, then it's an utter no-brainer (to my eyes anyway)

Last edited:
Its what happens when you appoint Harry Kanes Dad as DoF.

Everton-Kevin-Thelwell-F365.jpg

Kopite Kev ffs

If that's true, he'd be first on my list. That kid is as talented as anyone I've seen coming through for a number of years. I think a lot of people are judging based on that loan spell he had last season, but it would be hard to shine in that side given they were, statistically, the 7th worst in the history of the Premier League.

If you watch his Scotland performances or his Chelsea ones you're left with a very different impression of the player and if you're genuinely talking under £15m, then it's an utter no-brainer (to my eyes anyway)

I think he'd either be a great signing or s horrific one mate, no in between, and think it's entirely dependant on who else we brought in around him, the right midfield/forwards then yup go for it, but just drop him into the current set-up I think he'd struggle badly like at Norwich

I think he'd either be a great signing or s horrific one mate, no in between, and think it's entirely dependant on who else we brought in around him, the right midfield/forwards then yup go for it, but just drop him into the current set-up I think he'd struggle badly like at Norwich

Tend to agree - stick him in front of Keane and Godfrey who'd be giving him passes at his throat and he'll struggle. Put him in a midfield with Doucoure who's equally adept at passing the ball to his teammates and you'll have the same problem.

If you buy him, we need other players who are similarly comfortable with the ball - Tarkowski, for all he gets labelled as a grock because of the way Burnley play, is comfortable with the ball, so that's a start

Tend to agree - stick him in front of Keane and Godfrey who'd be giving him passes at his throat and he'll struggle. Put him in a midfield with Doucoure who's equally adept at passing the ball to his teammates and you'll have the same problem.

If you buy him, we need other players who are similarly comfortable with the ball - Tarkowski, for all he gets labelled as a grock because of the way Burnley play, is comfortable with the ball, so that's a start
There's a difference between 'comfortable on the ball' and 'good on the ball' though isn't there. Godfrey is comfortable on the ball but his passing can be awful at times. It'll be interesting to see just how good Tarkowski is in a different team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back