Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im pretty sure you are trying to gaslight us.

Man City dont buy nothing players. They can get anyone they want in the world, with few exceptions, so if they bring in a player and play him a lot, it means they think hes one of the best in the world. If you dont, thats fine, but Ill probably believe Pep over anyone on a forum. If Man City let a player go, it probably means they consider that player only 2nd or 3rd best in the world now.
They bought him as a midfielder, a position he's been picked in at senior level all of four times.

If he didn't happen to be left-footed, he likely would have gone the way of dozens of other youth prospects that City have taken a punt on. Similar to how Delph got a year in their first team due to Mendy's injury.

It's another Iwobi waiting to happen.

The debt on spending is 240mil in 6yrs
If we signed Everyone on a free you will still have to pay wages and pay singing on fees and agent fees.

Are debt on transfers is simile to West Ham , villa and wolves. Just a narrative in the media is we’re the only team wasting money outside the sky 6

You argument is we didn't spend £500m since 2016.

We spent more than £500m.

Check the figures yourself.

Oh?

I was reading how he's going to be the foundation of our midfield on here yesterday, taking the ball off the defence and dictating play.

Is there anything this lad can't do?
He’s a midfielder, very good technical ability and he can’t play left back

The debt on spending is 240mil in 6yrs
If we signed Everyone on a free you will still have to pay wages and pay singing on fees and agent fees.

Our debt on transfers is similar to West Ham , villa and wolves. Just a narrative in the media is we’re the only team wasting money outside the sky 6
Should listen to talksport a bit more mate, to get your figures right ???

Then you can understand it’s correct, we have had miss placed ambition since 2016, 500 million pounds and look where it got us

Like any business you look for controlled growth

And correct Gilmour isn’t the answer to any sort of question you have!
Gilmour was seen as a prodigy by Rangers, snapped up by Chelsea, won academy player of the year (the previous ones were Gallagher, Mount, Tomori and Reece James... and last year was Livramento. You have to be good to win it)... made his debut at a young age and bossed it against some of the best sides in the world, got into the Scotland side... then went on loan to a side who are one of the worst in the history of the league and suffered.

He may just be garbage, but think the more likely scenario is he is a really talented 20 year old that could be available at a knockdown price whilst his stock is low.

Swerve

1654684904695.webp

You argument is we didn't spend £500m since 2016.

We spent more than £500m.

Check the figures yourself.

No my argument was it was a lazy figure thrown out by @CairnsToffee that see all over twitter by Liverpool fans Newcastle fans, you see journalists all over twitter, people like Simon Jordon, Jim white on talkSPORT. Actually I’ve seen the figure 700mil over he last few months.

It depends what you want to include in the figures, yes wages, signing on fees, agent fees. Paying off managers then yes it’s a lot. But the figure that gets thrown out 500mil is basically a figure people think we’ve wasted on players, when the net spend, which seem to work for certain clubs in the media is 240mil, which is basically 40mil a season moshiri has given his managers. Yes a lot has been wasted.

I heard on talkSPORT last week that Liverpool have spent less than Everton over the last 5/6 yrs. but if you include wages and signing in fee’s agent fee’s I’d like a bet they have spent more.

I know what you mean with Godfrey. I do think some of the issues stem from our midfield being atrocious though. Once we come under pressure the defence starts to panic and there’s nobody in there who can really receive the ball under pressure from the back four and progress us up the pitch.
A centre half who can't defend set pieces ? That's nothing to do with the lack of a midfield. He is poor at heading the ball , it's as simple as that.

His positional play is poor but his pace sometimes compensates.

He ( like virtually all our defenders ) switches off and lacks focus.

Can he improve ? Of course he can but he's not a youngster and really needs to get to the level required asap.

No my argument was it was a lazy figure thrown out by @CairnsToffee that see all over twitter by Liverpool fans Newcastle fans, you see journalists all over twitter, people like Simon Jordon, Jim white on talkSPORT. Actually I’ve seen the figure 700mil over he last few months.

It depends what you want to include in the figures, yes wages, signing on fees, agent fees. Paying off managers then yes it’s a lot. But the figure that gets thrown out 500mil is basically a figure people think we’ve wasted on players, when the net spend, which seem to work for certain clubs in the media is 240mil, which is basically 40mil a season moshiri has given his managers. Yes a lot has been wasted.

I heard on talkSPORT last week that Liverpool have spent less than Everton over the last 5/6 yrs. but if you include wages and signing in fee’s agent fee’s I’d like a bet they have spent more.

WE HAVE SPENT MORE THAN £500M ON TRANSFER FEES UNDER MOSHIRI IT IS NOT TALKSPORT IT IS FACT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back