Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any pictures of him taking the man of the match awards for Norwich?
Screenshot_20220608-120107_Chrome.webp

Couple more for ya.

If that's true, he'd be first on my list. That kid is as talented as anyone I've seen coming through for a number of years. I think a lot of people are judging based on that loan spell he had last season, but it would be hard to shine in that side given they were, statistically, the 7th worst in the history of the Premier League.

If you watch his Scotland performances or his Chelsea ones you're left with a very different impression of the player and if you're genuinely talking under £15m, then it's an utter no-brainer (to my eyes anyway)

Nope. Recent Scot performances have been poor. Better to judge him off a full season at a struggling side (like we are) than a handful of performances at Chelsea. He will improve but I think he will end up a solid championship player no more

But that wasn't the original point? The original point was "we've spent £500m" and you said we haven't.

Wish you old people would nap more during the day - the Internet is not for you.
It was the same when people used to argue benitez wasnt backed at Newcastle so he would make shrewd signings here. Despite him spending 157m in 3 years there.

But net spend meant he spent no money or something.

Last edited:
But that wasn't the original point? The original point was "we've spent £500m" and you said we haven't.

Wish you old people would nap more during the day - the Internet is not for you.
But if you don’t get 90mil from lukaku you can’t spend. If you don’t get 50mil for Stones. You can’t buy the players you want. You never hear klopp has spent 600mil it’s always 150mil or what ever the net spend is. That was my point

And Liverpool is a bad example because they’ve have obviously spent their money well.

You just never see villa getting criticised or wolves etc. it’s always Everton, the treatment from the media is disgusting. Even when silva got 8th in his first season, he still got stick, should be getting top 4 the money Everton have spent. Lampard got more points per game than gerrard apparently, yet it’s lampard getting criticised, Gerrard seems bullet proof which we all know why that is.

Probably a bigger picture for me, is how we seem to get targeted and it P’s me off. That’s not that I don’t disagree with you that we have wasted a fortune.

I sort of see what you mean, but I've never been convinced about Godfrey being comfortable with the ball. His passing is indeed dire at times, but I tend to think his pace and power when running with the ball give people the impression that he has good technique and composure etc, and I am not sure he does at all.

Tarkowski - hard to say. He's only ever been allowed to show glimpses of actually playing at Burnley, but if you speak to a Burnley fan they'll tell you that he was/is the classiest defender they have and he described himself in his lower league days as a ball playing defender who took risks, particularly at Brentford because of how they played. Someone on Twitter was having this discussion with someone the other day and he pointed to this highlights package (specifically between 3 and 5 mins) as some examples of him being decent with the ball...

It's a small sample size, admittedly

For me it's the eye test, whenever I see him play he doesn't seem to be bothered by the press - fair enough they tend to launch it long BUT even then he still takes the touch, looks up, then wellies it, our current lot tend to either take no touch or try to take too many when the press is on, don't look up and punt it in whatever direction they've managed to get into a mess facing.

Nope. Recent Scot performances have been poor. Better to judge him off a full season at a struggling side (like we are) than a handful of performances at Chelsea. He will improve but I think he will end up a solid championship player no more

Vault potential here, but to my eyes he has the potential to be a Champions League level player. Still remember the first time I saw him play (against Liverpool) and I was exchanging WhatsApp messages with some mates which were along the lines of "who the **** is this?"

Rarely ever been so impressed when first laying eyes on a young kid on his debut (maybe it wasn't his debut, but it was certainly the first time I'd ever heard of him). On ability alone, he's a special talent IMO, whether or not that talent means he goes on to be a top level player, I don't know, but he could be IMO

No my argument was it was a lazy figure thrown out by @CairnsToffee that see all over twitter by Liverpool fans Newcastle fans, you see journalists all over twitter, people like Simon Jordon, Jim white on talkSPORT. Actually I’ve seen the figure 700mil over he last few months.

It depends what you want to include in the figures, yes wages, signing on fees, agent fees. Paying off managers then yes it’s a lot. But the figure that gets thrown out 500mil is basically a figure people think we’ve wasted on players, when the net spend, which seem to work for certain clubs in the media is 240mil, which is basically 40mil a season moshiri has given his managers. Yes a lot has been wasted.

I heard on talkSPORT last week that Liverpool have spent less than Everton over the last 5/6 yrs. but if you include wages and signing in fee’s agent fee’s I’d like a bet they have spent more.
I worked it out a while ago when looking at the end-of-year financial reports throughout the league… iirc Liverpool’s wages added up to an extra £100mil a year than our wages.

It’s probably a lot higher now too. It’s funny how wage bills seem to get forgotten about when the media push their narratives about who is spending the most.

But if you don’t get 90mil from lukaku you can’t spend. If you don’t get 50mil for Stones. You can’t buy the players you want. You never hear klopp has spent 600mil it’s always 150mil or what ever the net spend is. That was my point

And Liverpool is a bad example because they’ve have obviously spent their money well.

You just never see villa getting criticised or wolves etc. it’s always Everton, the treatment from the media is disgusting. Even when silva got 8th in his first season, he still got stick, should be getting top 4 the money Everton have spent. Lampard got more points per game than gerrard apparently, yet it’s lampard getting criticised, Gerrard seems bullet proof which we all know why that is.

Probably a bigger picture for me, is how we seem to get targeted and it P’s me off. That’s not that I don’t disagree with you that we have wasted a fortune.
Don't get bothered by it. It's lazy journalists trying to get a bite.

Who cares anyway? Let them and other fans gets annoyed by it and we can just crack on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back