Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you don’t get 90mil from lukaku you can’t spend. If you don’t get 50mil for Stones. You can’t buy the players you want. You never hear klopp has spent 600mil it’s always 150mil or what ever the net spend is. That was my point

And Liverpool is a bad example because they’ve have obviously spent their money well.

You just never see villa getting criticised or wolves etc. it’s always Everton, the treatment from the media is disgusting. Even when silva got 8th in his first season, he still got stick, should be getting top 4 the money Everton have spent. Lampard got more points per game than gerrard apparently, yet it’s lampard getting criticised, Gerrard seems bullet proof which we all know why that is.

Probably a bigger picture for me, is how we seem to get targeted and it P’s me off. That’s not that I don’t disagree with you that we have wasted a fortune.
People are about to see what happens to Leicester now with no europe... their spend on wages/amoritsation is bigger than ours ever has been... they will need to sell to avoid a loss of 150M for the coming year. Soyuncu and Tielemens only having one year left on their deal and being their most saleable assets. Not the strongest of negotiating positions...

Aston Villa have to be treading very close to FFP too. Another duff season from them and they could be in the same amount of trouble as us.
They had the sale of Grealish which saved them I think. And they are much worse off on the pitch for it as well... despite all the players brought in. Id be really wary if I was them throwing huge six figure salaries around on players that arent good enough to warrant that kind of money. Ings, Digne, Coutinho... none of them are good enough to be earning 7/8M per year at a champions league club... and yet...

Weve been reading alot about how much money the club has spent under Moshiri and also how the playing squad has become worse under his ownership.

I've checked through a few sources for each incoming/outgoing and while will never be 'exact' i think we've spent £222.75mil as a net figure.

This works out at £37.125mil net spend per season.

Looking at our squad when Moshiri joined and now...you can see where the money has gone.

I dont think its as bad as it has been claimed.

2016/17

Incoming
Bolasie £25mil
Schneiderlin £20mil
Williams £12mil
Lookman £7.5mil
Gana £7.1mil
DCL £1.5mil

Outgoing
Stones £47.5mil
Gibson £2.25mil
Oviedo £1.8mil

Incoming total = £73.1mil
Outgoing total = 51.55mil

Net = £19.55mil

2017/18

Incoming
Sigurdsson £44mil
Keane £25mil
Pickford £25mil
Klaassen £23.6mil
Walcott £20mil
Tosun £18mil
Vlasic £8mil
Onyekuru £7mil

Outgoing
Lukaku £75mil
Barkley £15mil
Deulofeu £10mil
Cleverley £8mil
Lennon £1.5mil
Barry £1mil

Incoming Total = £170.6mil
Outgoing Total = £110.5mil

Net = £60.1mil

2018/19

Incoming
Richarlison £35mil
Mina £27mil
Digne £18mil

Outgoing
Klaassen £12mil
Funes Mori £8mil
Browning £4mil

Incoming Total = £80mil
Outgoing Total = £24mil

Net = £56mil

2019/20

Incoming
Iwobi £27mil
Kean £24mil
Gomes £22mil
Gbamin £22mil
Delph £8.5mil

Outgoing
Gana £28mil
Vlasic £20mil
Lookman £16mil
Onyekuru £12mil
McCarthy £3mil

Incoming Total = £103.5
Outgoing Total = £79mil

Net = £24.5mil

2020/21

Incoming
Godfrey £25mil
Allan £21mil
Doucoure £20mil

Outgoing
Schneiderlin £2mil
Dowell £2mil

Incoming Total = £66mil
Outgoing Total = £4mil

Net = £62mil

2021/22

Incoming
Mykolenko £17mil
Patterson £11mil
Gray £1.6mil

Outgoing
Digne £23mil
James £7mil
Bernard £1mil

Incoming Total = £29.6mil
Outgoing Total = £31mil

Net = £1.4mil

Under Moshiri

Incoming = £522.8mil
Outgoing = £300.05

Net = £222.75mil

2016/2017 Team

GK: Howard (37)
LB: Baines (31)
CB: Jagielka (33)
CB: Stones (22)
RB: Coleman (27)
CM: Barry (35)
AM: Barkley (22)
CM: McCarthy (25)
LF: Deulofeu (22)
CF: Lukaku (24)
RF: Mirallas (29)

Avg age = 27.9
Squad: https://www.transfermarkt.com/everton-fc/startseite/verein/29?saison_id=2016

Current Team

GK: Pickford (28)
LB: Mykolenko (22)
CB: Godfrey (24)
CB: Mina (27)
RB: Patterson (20)
CM: Allan (31)
AM: Iwobi (26)
CM: Doucoure (29)
LF: Richarlison (24)
CF: Calvert-Lewin (25)
RF: Gordon (21)

Avg age = 25.18
Squad: https://www.transfermarkt.com/everton-fc/startseite/verein/29?saison_id=2021

@CairnsToffee
@Blue1972
@NeilA1878
@blulouie
@Marius57

Click my post and you'll see a whole thread in which I calculated the fees..

Have your returned to blighty for good Ash, or returning back to Oz?
I wish I could move home!!!
Back in Brissy now…

Was super fortunate to see some magic… Park End for United and Chelsea, Gladys for Leicester… front row for welcoming the bus at the entrance to the players lounge pre Chelsea… finch farm for pre Leicester

Met Richy, Mykolenko, Baines, Holgate, Lampard, Reidy Gordon… was brill
—————————————————————-

Back on topic

If the Tarkovsky transfer goes through, I think it would be worthwhile testing Bournemouths reserve for Lloyd Kelly he looks like a special player, captain at 23…. We need more real leaders in the squad

They had the sale of Grealish which saved them I think. And they are much worse off on the pitch for it as well... despite all the players brought in. Id be really wary if I was them throwing huge six figure salaries around on players that arent good enough to warrant that kind of money. Ings, Digne, Coutinho... none of them are good enough to be earning 7/8M per year at a champions league club... and yet...
Yes and all 29/30. Gerard trying to do a Koeman and buy ready made players to try and have instant success. Will come back to bite him and villa

Stick a 20yo Iniesta into that Norwich side, and he'd have struggled to look anything but bang average.
Its more the point that if Chelsea actually wanted to develop/progress the player, they wouldn't have sent him to Norwich imo. I have seen a few things that are suggesting he doesn't have much of a future under Tuchel.

Their net spend after the sale of grealish in the last 4 years is over -400 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back