Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No my argument was it was a lazy figure thrown out by @CairnsToffee that see all over twitter by Liverpool fans Newcastle fans, you see journalists all over twitter, people like Simon Jordon, Jim white on talkSPORT. Actually I’ve seen the figure 700mil over he last few months.

It depends what you want to include in the figures, yes wages, signing on fees, agent fees. Paying off managers then yes it’s a lot. But the figure that gets thrown out 500mil is basically a figure people think we’ve wasted on players, when the net spend, which seem to work for certain clubs in the media is 240mil, which is basically 40mil a season moshiri has given his managers. Yes a lot has been wasted.

I heard on talkSPORT last week that Liverpool have spent less than Everton over the last 5/6 yrs. but if you include wages and signing in fee’s agent fee’s I’d like a bet they have spent more.
How can it be a lazy figure if it’s correct, then insinuate that I am not a blue and even more insulting a horse puncher

And regarding talk sport fortunately that doesn’t feature much on the Great Barrier Reef.

Go and lay down mate you are having an absolute mare!

I wish I could move home!!!
Back in Brissy now…

Was super fortunate to see some magic… Park End for United and Chelsea, Gladys for Leicester… front row for welcoming the bus at the entrance to the players lounge pre Chelsea… finch farm for pre Leicester

Met Richy, Mykolenko, Baines, Holgate, Lampard, Reidy Gordon… was brill
—————————————————————-

Back on topic

If the Tarkovsky transfer goes through, I think it would be worthwhile testing Bournemouths reserve for Lloyd Kelly he looks like a special player, captain at 23…. We need more real leaders in the squad
Fantastic mate, very jealous here!

Catch up for a pint next time in BrisVegas?

Interesting. Gilmour only has 1 year left on his contract, so probably wouldn't cost too much. Think he'd be a good signing for us providing we brought in other midfielders too - as he lacks a bit of physicality.

Would rather Gallagher of the Chelsea kids, but that would be pure pie in the sky.
Yeah, but pretty sure there is a 1 year option for Gilmour. Still think they could be tempted to sell...

On Winks and Gilmour, for me it totally depends on who else we get alongside them. It’s not saying much, but either would easily be our best midfielder on the ball. Doesn’t mean they aren’t lightweight. You’d have to pair them with at least one robust midfielder, and I think both are best served in a midfield three.

I have very little interest in Winks just because he seems to blow too hot and cold. That combined with a distrust in dealing with Spurs, I’d definitely pass. Seems like they’d ask too much for him for no good reason.

Gilmour I’d definitely be in favor of if we could get him for a reduced fee due to his contract and Chelsea’s relationship with Lampard. After his rough season at Norwich, he can’t be the main target for midfield, though. If he’s brought in as a more of a development player that would be ideal. He’s got a seemingly good working relationship with Frank and would presumably be friends with Patterson. Could be a good fit. As others have mentioned, when he’s flashed he’s been surprisingly imperious. He dominated us last March in that game.

One i remember lads fighting the cause for in the past:

Could have had him for £8m

Brands said no apparently

Cheers for that

One i remember lads fighting the cause for in the past:

Our scouts didnt believe he had the technical ability to be a success

Love how we are dismissing a whole season of evidence in favour of one decent match with Gilmour.
The one against us was much more than decent. It was a handful of similar games and a couple for Scotland too. Granted it’s not much evidence! But he wouldn’t be the first young player to have a bad season on loan and then go on to do well. But I definitely understand the concern. And it’s his most recent experience.

Love how we are dismissing a whole season of evidence in favour of one decent match with Gilmour.

Not dismissing it, but I'd add a couple of caveats

Firstly, given that we are talking about the 7th worst side in the history of the Premier League, it's probably fair to say that shining in the heart of that side might not be the easiest thing in the world

Secondly, I think it's also unfair to suggest that he was terrible the whole season. He struggled at times, absolutely, but there were some good games and certainly plenty of flashes in a number of games of the quality he has

Not generally a huge fan of YouTube highlights, but it's sort of illustrative of my 2nd point

Our scouts didnt believe he had the technical ability to be a success
Tbf he might still not. Its hardly a ringing endorsement that united are interested. It was the same when they appointed rangnick after we turned him down 3 times and he turned out to be an awful chancery. Plenty of awful players have looked good for Ajax or PSV.

This is not necessarily my opinion on him as like almost everyone else I've never seen him play

Could have had him for £8m

Brands said no apparently

Cheers for that

Marcel Brand has done it again.....

1654692213642.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back