Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had this discussion before he is fine for me he has legs and physicality at least, obviously would want better if we can but the question remains if you don't start Doucs who would you play in there of our current players?
But we will buy 2 midfielders, so until we buy them who knows. But iwobi would be one of the other two complement him. Doucoure can’t play as the holding player so only one place left for him. I’d have him as back up only next season

A shame, as he's *literally* head and shoulders above our other centre halves but we can't keep a big earner on the books that can only play about half our games.

Worrying, or perhaps a hopeful sign should we replace him adequately, is that our point average with Mina on the pitch last season was 1.62 per match. That figure would be enough for 61 points (6th best in the league).

I think he'd either be a great signing or s horrific one mate, no in between, and think it's entirely dependant on who else we brought in around him, the right midfield/forwards then yup go for it, but just drop him into the current set-up I think he'd struggle badly like at Norwich

Lampard gave him his debut, and seems to want to play with a 6 who keeps the game ticking over, rather than a destroyer or a powerhouse. It's slightly out of fashion these days, but once upon a time it was commonplace. You watch how much better we looked with Delph in the run in, in games like United at home, where he did just that.

Whether Gilmour is up to the mark is an open question. He's certainly got the ability and has had some excellent games. The worry is a player like that, if you are under lots of pressure becomes a liability.

Vault potential here, but to my eyes he has the potential to be a Champions League level player. Still remember the first time I saw him play (against Liverpool) and I was exchanging WhatsApp messages with some mates which were along the lines of "who the **** is this?"

Rarely ever been so impressed when first laying eyes on a young kid on his debut (maybe it wasn't his debut, but it was certainly the first time I'd ever heard of him). On ability alone, he's a special talent IMO, whether or not that talent means he goes on to be a top level player, I don't know, but he could be IMO
Yes I recall an FA cup game against a weakened Liverpool who were not at the races. He will have good games but across a season for a team in our position he is not what we need IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back