Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on topic

If the Tarkovsky transfer goes through, I think it would be worthwhile testing Bournemouths reserve for Lloyd Kelly he looks like a special player, captain at 23…. We need more real leaders in the squad

They were promoted so id guess they would want £30-40mil.

Saying that, shifting Mina and Keane should be the immediate priority imo.

We can all jiggle the figures around to suit our own argument. But if we hadn’t brought in a single penny on sales under 6 yrs of moshiri, we wouldn’t have spent over 500mil
Agreed. This is what i wrote at the end:

Under Moshiri

Incoming = £522.8mil
Outgoing = £300.05

Net = £222.75mil

Its quite straightforward there that the net would be just North of £200mil.

Its more the point that if Chelsea actually wanted to develop/progress the player, they wouldn't have sent him to Norwich imo. I have seen a few things that are suggesting he doesn't have much of a future under Tuchel.
Why not Norwich? His clause was slanted to play every game and of course he'd probably need to improve his defending. Under Farke an attacking side too.

In hindsight Brentford or a Fulham may have been better but it seemed sensible to me.

If we could get Gilmore it would be a great signing. He’s still the same player that controlled the game v Liverpool in the cup at a young age. He’s just had one under the radar season at a poor team. He’s still a very good player.
I think every competition hes gone into he won motm in his first start.

Premier league
FA Cup
League Cup
Europe
Scotland

Another one I would take a look at from Chelsea is Ampadu he's always looked good for Wales as a DM or CB. Probably available for loan to buy.

Interesting to see if we buy or loan from Chelsea...as we can only loan one player per team.

One i remember lads fighting the cause for in the past:

Our scouts didnt believe he had the technical ability to be a success

Weird thing was that he looked like a monster and for the fee being thrown around at the time he would have been a clear profit genetator...no way to lose on the deal even if hed flopped in England.

Weird thing was that he looked like a monster and for the fee being thrown around at the time he would have been a clear profit genetator...no way to lose on the deal even if hed flopped in England.

Attachments

• 1499094640_326239_1499094702_noticia_normal.webp
    1499094640_326239_1499094702_noticia_normal.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 53
From my POV, the immediate need is 2 x CBs and 2 x CMs

There are other things to look at after that - potential cover at left back, maybe a winger and/or striker and certainly replacing DCL or Richarlison

But if we are going to fundamentally change the way we play, it comes from CBs who are better on the ball (and who ideally don't have panic attacks when the ball comes in the area) and centre mids who can help us play through the lines

Tarkowski is fine, but it needs another one - names like Gilmour etc in midfield also make sense in this regard, but that's the crux of it. Sort out the middle of the pitch and then concentrate on the rest
In general, I don’t disagree, but I don’t see a second CB coming until one leaves, probably Mina.

Definitely need at least one DCM, probably two.

Any other positions will probably wait until players are sold.

The "problem" I have with people bigging up Lampard / Chelsea links is it really can only work once. We could probably get Gilmour as he's a year left but you'd have to figure out from there what we could get from them. We are only allowed one (1) loan from a PL club at a time. That's why I was thinking maybe we could do something a bit dodgy and "buy" Broja or Gallagher for 20m and have a mandatory buyback option from Chelsea for about the same amount? I dunno but we aren't getting 4 players from Chelsea.

I didn't know the background at Chelsea so thanks for sharing mate.

I trust my eye though, i first saw him against us and he ripped us to shreds, couldn't believe what i was seeing and his age, he ran the show I've watched him very closely since and a lot and i think he's absolute quality, i rate him as one of the best young midfielders I've seen in a long time, he still developing and needs support with that. The loan at Norwich will be good for him to my mind, rather then him having it all his own way like he had at Chelsea - i mean he has a CL medal already, he needs to be in a side and have the experience of being under the kosh and adversity, which he now has. He's only going to get better and if there is an opportunity for us given his contract/Lamapard circumstances and while he is on the way up id grab it both hands .

You're right.

I could see 1 loan and 1 purchase.

Take your pick from Gilmour , Loftus Cheek , Broja and Barkley. I'd love Gallagher but think he will at least be on Chelsea's bench.

If we have the funds ( after sales ) to bring in a couple more then I'd take Gilmour for a low fee ( say £10m ) and Broja on loan with an option to buy.

it kind of does when it's a club that doesn't need to sell their players that often. And we can sign 4 players but we absolutely do not have the money to buy Broja Gallagher and Ampadu. That's completely out of our range.

Possibly interesting for me would be Gilmour, Gallagher, Broja, Ampadu and Colwill. I also wouldnt be surprised to see Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi mentioned.

All varying contract lengths, wages, positions etc.

Moise Keane, Allan, Mina and Keane could bring in £55mil which could cover 4 players fees with a 5th on loan perhaps?

In addition perhaps Zinchenko on loan with an obligation.

Possible cryptic message on Anthony Gordons insta story, him and Morgan Gibbs-White with that eyes emoji & a blueheart, maybe he knows something. Not made it in the PL at wolves has he? But been playing for Sheff Utd on loan?
Link?

Patterson Tarkowski Godfrey Mykolenko could be our starting back 4 next season

I’d rather that than

Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny

That’s for sure

Beyond those four starting roles then u21s need to be signed to develop and push those starters for positions.

Hopefully we can see the likes of Nkounkou, Branthwaite, Welch, Mills etc progress as well.

Who's he like

Gomes is obvious, Allan also with only 1 year left + age and now Iwobi and Doucoure fitting in better.

Mina makes sense with Tarkowski joining.

List is too light...need to add 5 or 6 more.

Looks like just stating 3 easy names.

£10mil would be a good deal.

In general, I don’t disagree, but I don’t see a second CB coming until one leaves, probably Mina.

Definitely need at least one DCM, probably two.

Any other positions will probably wait until players are sold.

Agreed. Need to have a "one out, one in" policy...or in some cases "two/three out, one in".

The squad is bloated.

Possibly interesting for me would be Gilmour, Gallagher, Broja, Ampadu and Colwill. I also wouldnt be surprised to see Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi mentioned.

All varying contract lengths, wages, positions etc.

Moise Keane, Allan, Mina and Keane could bring in £55mil which could cover 4 players fees with a 5th on loan perhaps?

In addition perhaps Zinchenko on loan with an obligation.

No way are Chelsea accepting much less then 55 million for two of those mate. I like them all to a degree and could see interest, but i wouldn't be going all out on them, the only one id really like to see us push hard for is Gilmour as i think there is a sniff of value there, though i like Hudosn-Odoi a lot and there is an awful lot of unfulfilled value there in terms of potential - but hes expensive - id maybe have a sniff at a loan with an option, but Chelsea wouldn't go for it id imagine - has to be said loans from Chelsea are expensive, Zouma for example was about 7 million for the year he was here. Wouldn't be putting all my eggs in the Chelsea basket either.

Zinchenko on loan - no chance.

Last edited:
Gilmour somehow reminds me a lot of Billy Kenny in his play and prone to a line of beak looks, he’s not much of a risk but clearly hugely talented in a position we need to strengthen. Lampard knows the player so that’s a huge benefit in mentorship if he can snag him.

Also think Scottish players adapt very much more to either us or Liverpool due to their make up and understanding what makes us tick. I’ve watched him for his National team and I’d love to see him at Everton for a season to see what he can do.

No way are Chelsea accepting much less then 55 million for two of those mate. I like them all to a degree and could see interest, but i wouldn't be going all out on them, the only one id really like to see us push hard for is Gilmour as i think there is a sniff of value there, though i like Hudosn-Odoi a lot and there is an awful lot of unfulfilled value there in terms of potneial - but hes expensive - id maybe have a sniff at a loan with an option, but Chelsea wouldnt go for it id imagine - has to be said loans from Chelsea are expensive, Zouma for example was about 7 million for the year he was here. Wouldn't be putting all my eggs in the Chelsea basket either.
Gilmour, Ampadu would be how much? £25mil perhaps?

Leaves another £30mil odd to tempt them for Broja, Gallagher, Colwill, Loftus-Cheek and Hudson Odoi.

Gilmour somehow reminds me a lot of Billy Kenny in his play and prone to a line of beak looks, he’s not much of a risk but clearly hugely talented in a position we need to strengthen. Lampard knows the player so that’s a huge benefit in mentorship if he can snag him.

Also think Scottish players adapt very much more to either us or Liverpool due to their make up and understanding what makes us tick. I’ve watched him for his National team and I’d love to see him at Everton for a season to see what he can do.

:o

Feel like I'm missing something here, what do you mean they were free transfers?
"United have waived a fee and may also be funding part of Rooney's £13m wages."
Apologies on Sandro,over here in Spain they quoted the 5mil+ as being a signing on fee.

Good to see Frank sorting out the spine of our squad

Hopefully he gets Gallagher next to sort out that midfield which is horrendous
I really like Gallagher, I think he definitely improves us, but I don't think he sorts our midfield out. We need some control there.

Would definitely add more attacking threat and has unreal energy but he's as, if not more, loose in possession as our current midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back