Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dream on. We are close to a points deduction as it is. The rules are tougher in the Championship.

We have been catastrophically overspending for several years. Ok if you get success, but disastrous if you don’t. We have had losses of over 100m for the past two years and are set to declare similar this year. We will have to sell a lot of players before we can spend.

I expect something similar to last summer.
I’m dreaming lol
And you’re believing clueless journalists. The same ones saying we’ve lost 300mil because of usmanov and the new ground is in danger and we may have to stop playing at goodison.

Get a grip of yourself. We’re in discussions with the league. And everything is under control, From local journalists, Most of us fans know it’s going to take a couple of years to sort this out and reset. And players will need to be sacrificed. The likes of Richarlison and DCL and a few others. Abs the way transfers work we should be able to spend if we sell these players. Add in a lot of wages saved and 30mil from the out of contract players.

Do you really believe Lampard takes this already thankless task of a job. And also Frank come the summer if you keep us up. We will sell your best players and you can replace them with loans abs frees. Ffs

I’m dreaming lol
And you’re believing clueless journalists. The same ones saying we’ve lost 300mil because of usmanov and the new ground is in danger and we may have to stop playing at goodison.

Get a grip of yourself. We’re in discussions with the league. And everything is under control, From local journalists, Most of us fans know it’s going to take a couple of years to sort this out and reset. And players will need to be sacrificed. The likes of Richarlison and DCL and a few others. Abs the way transfers work we should be able to spend if we sell these players. Add in a lot of wages saved and 30mil from the out of contract players.

Do you really believe Lampard takes this already thankless task of a job. And also Frank come the summer if you keep us up. We will sell your best players and you can replace them with loans abs frees. Ffs
Did you really mean lampard is taking on a thankless task of a job?

What debt? If there was such a debt why did we spend in January? also potentially buy someone else for 40mil over 2yrs. And pay full wages for van de Beek.

Simms wont be in the team in the championship . Of course a lot depends on what division we’re in. But If we sell a load of players including. DCL, Richarlison, Pickford. A hand full of fringe players. The out of contract players x 4.

We will definitely be spending some money, mainly on youngsters. Getting a Loans and maybe the odd free transfers. We’d also save probably 50mil in wages

The new DOF Thelwell definitely has a focus on young players.

Lampard has the reputation for it as well which makes the omission of Patterson and Branthwaite mystifying. There could be a case for Onyango (3 in midfield) and Dobbin (behind Townsend) being ahead of others as well.

There will have to be a huge clearout in the summer no matter what. In addition its best to keep Lampard at the helm as he's seeing first hand whats needed and whats lacking.

What we do need is clear in both defence and midfield.

The new DOF Thelwell definitely has a focus on young players.

Lampard has the reputation for it as well which makes the omission of Patterson and Branthwaite mystifying. There could be a case for Onyango (3 in midfield) and Dobbin (behind Townsend) being ahead of others as well.

There will have to be a huge clearout in the summer no matter what. In addition its best to keep Lampard at the helm as he's seeing first hand whats needed and whats lacking.

What we do need is clear in both defence and midfield.
I just don’t think he’s playing kids now. It’s not the time, I know some fans are like what have we got to lose, but it’s a big risk to put year pressure into 18/19yrs with very little experience behind them.

But I agree about moving forward, I’d like to see FL given 3/4 yrs to see what he can do with the DOF and hopefully they can build a young exciting team in time

Dream on. We are close to a points deduction as it is. The rules are tougher in the Championship.

We have been catastrophically overspending for several years. Ok if you get success, but disastrous if you don’t. We have had losses of over 100m for the past two years and are set to declare similar this year. We will have to sell a lot of players before we can spend.

I expect something similar to last summer.
We wont be spending next summer unless we sell, zero chance of us spending 30/40 million again.
Sell some players and use that cash and look at the youth system, Lampard gave some really good young players debut games, we just have to find some.

We wont be spending next summer unless we sell, zero chance of us spending 30/40 million again.
Sell some players and use that cash and look at the youth system, Lampard gave some really good young players debut games, we just have to find some.
Like Bill being in charge again

Well we spent potentially 36mil on 2 full backs and again potentially 40mil on a midfielder in January.
Yes we will have to sell, but if we sell and especially certain players, then we will spend.

Mad that. We've spent all this money to basically come back to square one before Moyes turned it round.
We're actually in a worse position too. Mental.
We’ve spent a lot. Or should I say wasted a lot, but maybe Not as much as the media make out. it’s similar to what wolves, West Ham and villa have spent. And yes they’re doing better than us, but 2 of them were below us last season.

Also it’s impossible to compare to nearly 20yrs ago. When only 3/4 teams spent serious money.

Well we spent potentially 36mil on 2 full backs and again potentially 40mil on a midfielder in January.
Yes we will have to sell, but if we sell and especially certain players, then we will spend.
Well we are losing over £100m per year.

We will lose circa £52m in revenue from the PL, so that is a £150m loss.

I know some well paid players contracts end so that is £15-£20m saved, so just £140m to make up in sales before we can spend.

This summer will be far more difficult than last summer.

I know some well paid players contracts end so that is £15-£20m saved, so just £140m to make up in sales before we can spend.

If we are relegated, Pickford, Richarlison and DCL probably will all go to others. It probably will get around 120-140m.
We must spend again and we should not spend it wrong again. The manager and fans should steak together to support the team and players.
I believe we will see a brand new Everton soon.

You need to remember that because of the way transfers work we're still paying for historical moves so even if we don't buy anyone our accounts show outgoing fees

So you saying we’re down then?

And if that’s the case, finding this 140mil before, we can spend. How come we didn’t need to find a 100mil last summer or the summer before. Maybe things have got worse, regarding profit and sustainability. But if the situation was so desperate, they wouldn’t have spent in January. They probably loan 2 full backs from abroad and I doubt they they do the Dele deal.

And I’f we have a coupe of years not spending much, like last summer or bringing in 100mil and spending 50. For 2 years. Doesn’t profit Amd sustainability clear it self?

Take Newcastle. Spend a 100mil 15/16 summer and go down. Next 3 years 1 in the championship they spend 3mil on players.

Bruce comes in and spends 70mil in 2 summers. New owners come in and apparently they can spend 300mil before any restrictions.

I know they probably have a smaller wage bill and make more money from the ground. But surely the 40/50mil they lost from from relegation, cancels that out.

I was always under impression a couple of years if watching the pennies, making a profit on sales. Would clear P&S The big thing will be the wage bill. Gone down 25mil from last season would be my guess. And if we shift out the certain players and the out of contract ones, it will drop by a similar amount again.

We will save roughly 15mil on wages when the 4 out of contract players go. And another 17mil on the yearly books on their transfer fees.

So it’s more than the 15/20 you said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back