Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to write again, as too many people are (very wrongly) thinking we'll have a deadwood clear-cut this summer:

We have a squad full of massively overpaid players, many of whom are still on multi-year deals. This is not an exhaustive list, but look at how long we're stuck with some of these:

2023 out of contract:
- Coleman, Rondon, Townsend, Davies, Allan, Mina, Doucouré

2024 out of contract:
- Richardson, Pickford, Alli, Gray, Gomes, Iwobi

2025 out of contract:
- Keane, Holgate, Branthwaite, DCL, Godfrey, Gordon

To sell a player, you need a club willing to buy him and the player himself willing to leave.

It will be impossible to sell the likes of Keane, Holgate, Iwobi, Gomes, Davies, etc, as nobody will pay them anywhere near what they're earning with us. They will not leave out of the goodness of their hearts and their love for Everton.

We are stuck with a vast majority of these wastes of space for many years yet, and it will severely hinder our options in the transfer market going forward.

We will be playing in the Championship paying Andre Gomes 80k a week to sit on the bench. 80k a week is approximately the wage of about 10 average players in the Championship added together.

We'll be paying Iwobi around about the same. That's a Championship squad's worth of wages on two players who won't play for us, but won't leave.

THAT'S what we've got to look forward to.
Abdoulaye Doucoure has completed a transfer to Everton from Watford for an undisclosed fee, signing a three-year deal until the end of June 2023 with a Club option for a fourth season.

Was baffled why his contract would run out so soon, but apparently we can trigger another season. Does give us the chance to command a reasonable in case the worst happens

You need to remember that because of the way transfers work we're still paying for historical moves so even if we don't buy anyone our accounts show outgoing fees
Works both ways. Sig is 9mil a season, Tosun probably 6mil. Delph 2mil? So that’s 17 saved Also take Keane, Pickford and Richarlison. All big signings who have new deals. Richarlison 35mil over 5 years, 7 mil a season half way through he gets a new deal, so probably cuts his book payments in half. Just like Pickford and Keane.

The rumour was Digne was like costing us 2mil a season.

So you saying we’re down then?

And if that’s the case, finding this 140mil before, we can spend. How come we didn’t need to find a 100mil last summer or the summer before. Maybe things have got worse, regarding profit and sustainability. But if the situation was so desperate, they wouldn’t have spent in January. They probably loan 2 full backs from abroad and I doubt they they do the Dele deal.

And I’f we have a coupe of years not spending much, like last summer or bringing in 100mil and spending 50. For 2 years. Doesn’t profit Amd sustainability clear it self?

Take Newcastle. Spend a 100mil 15/16 summer and go down. Next 3 years 1 in the championship they spend 3mil on players.

Bruce comes in and spends 70mil in 2 summers. New owners come in and apparently they can spend 300mil before any restrictions.

I know they probably have a smaller wage bill and make more money from the ground. But surely the 40/50mil they lost from from relegation, cancels that out.

I was always under impression a couple of years if watching the pennies, making a profit on sales. Would clear P&S The big thing will be the wage bill. Gone down 25mil from last season would be my guess. And if we shift out the certain players and the out of contract ones, it will drop by a similar amount again.

We will save roughly 15mil on wages when the 4 out of contract players go. And another 17mil on the yearly books on their transfer fees.

So it’s more than the 15/20 you said
It’s £140m on top of several years of massive losses. Our cumulative losses will be something like £350 - £400m.

Financial sustainability rules are there to stop this behaviour. It doesn’t go away because we don’t like it.

Those players off the books won’t even match the reduction in revenue from the PL.

Bare

Relegation would be a disaster , there is simply no getting away from that.

If there is a consolation at all to be gleaned from such an unpalatable possibility it is that young players like Dobbin, Onyango, Welch and Gordon may be allowed to play a bigger part in the team.

We will see lots of players leave and some we will be glad to see go.
In any event I think that already we have seen management already lose faith in Iwobi, Gomes and Allan as they have already been tried and then left out of games by FL which would indicate he doesn't rely on them.

It’s £140m on top of several years of massive losses. Our cumulative losses will be something like £350 - £400m.

Financial sustainability rules are there to stop this behaviour. It doesn’t go away because we don’t like it.

Those players off the books won’t even match the reduction in revenue from the PL.

Bare
I think Covid and now this Ukranian war are going to have profound effects on football and the governing bodies are going to have to be lenient with their rules or more than Everton will be in trouble.

Bare
That’s if we go down

Totally different if we stay up. And you keep moving the goal posts. You will tell us it’s 600mil in your next post.

Again I keep saying it, but you seem to not understand. I’d we were financially on our knees. On the verge of a points deduction.
We would not have bought 2 full backs for potentially 60mil in fees and wages. Give Dele probably over 100k a week and possibly spurs 40mil on fees and pay van de Beek 120k a week.

We all know we will have to sell a DCL or Richarlison this summer. And hopefully another 5/6 add in the out of contracts and it’s well over 100mil. Plus 50mil in wages saved.

Frank will have to get a few loans and frees, but he couid also buy 4x 30mil players that would cost about 40mil on the books.

2 years of that, as the following summer more players out of contract, players with only a year left. Kean deal with juve comes in DCL or Richarlison go and we do the same.

That should easily reset the club and as we go into BMD we should be able to spend big again. If clubs like Newcastle, West Ham, villa, wolves, Leicester. Then I can’t see why we can’t

That’s if we go down

Totally different if we stay up. And you keep moving the goal posts. You will tell us it’s 600mil in your next post.

Again I keep saying it, but you seem to not understand. I’d we were financially on our knees. On the verge of a points deduction.
We would not have bought 2 full backs for potentially 60mil in fees and wages. Give Dele probably over 100k a week and possibly spurs 40mil on fees and pay van de Beek 120k a week.

We all know we will have to sell a DCL or Richarlison this summer. And hopefully another 5/6 add in the out of contracts and it’s well over 100mil. Plus 50mil in wages saved.

Frank will have to get a few loans and frees, but he couid also buy 4x 30mil players that would cost about 40mil on the books.

2 years of that, as the following summer more players out of contract, players with only a year left. Kean deal with juve comes in DCL or Richarlison go and we do the same.

That should easily reset the club and as we go into BMD we should be able to spend big again. If clubs like Newcastle, West Ham, villa, wolves, Leicester. Then I can’t see why we can’t
The losses over the last few years are a matter of public record and this years accounts haven’t been published.

The last two seasons the losses were over £100m. Many on here ignored that fact and continued to imagine more big transfers would be incoming.

In the end we had a negative net spend.

In January, we sold one player and immediately maxed the credit card. If we post another huge loss and get relegated, don’t imagine it will be business as usual because it won’t.

If we somehow survive, expect another summer of minimal spend unless we manage to make some substantial sales.

Relegation would be a disaster , there is simply no getting away from that.

If there is a consolation at all to be gleaned from such an unpalatable possibility it is that young players like Dobbin, Onyango, Welch and Gordon may be allowed to play a bigger part in the team.

We will see lots of players leave and some we will be glad to see go.
In any event I think that already we have seen management already lose faith in Iwobi, Gomes and Allan as they have already been tried and then left out of games by FL which would indicate he doesn't rely on them.
i think the worry is in your 3rd section: can we get rid of some even if we go down, the likes of Iwobi, Gomes, Keane maybe Holgate. Certainly Iwobi & Keane we paid a massive amount for.

Saw some of the rumours yesterday and Joe Gomez is a no brainer to me. He’d be keen to come to a team hopefully pushing towards the Europa/Champions league spots next season. Only issue would be getting the RS to sell to us but Moshiri will just have to make them an offer they can’t refuse

i think the worry is in your 3rd section: can we get rid of some even if we go down, the likes of Iwobi, Gomes, Keane maybe Holgate. Certainly Iwobi & Keane we paid a massive amount for.
Holgate and Keane and iwobi aren’t on huge wages. Not saying it still won’t be easy to shift them. I’d take anything to get Gomes gone.

The losses over the last few years are a matter of public record and this years accounts haven’t been published.

The last two seasons the losses were over £100m. Many on here ignored that fact and continued to imagine more big transfers would be incoming.

In the end we had a negative net spend.

In January, we sold one player and immediately maxed the credit card. If we post another huge loss and get relegated, don’t imagine it will be business as usual because it won’t.

If we somehow survive, expect another summer of minimal spend unless we manage to make some substantial sales.
Your last paragraph is what I’ve been saying all day. Yes we will have to sell a big player or two and hopefully quite a few fringe players out as well . Add in the OOC players over the next 2 summers I can see us saving 150mil. And still have plenty to spend. And the wage bill dropped by at least 50mil in 3yrs

Hopefully Frank and Thelwell will build a young, hungry team and just conciliate for 2 years till BDM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back