Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be disgusted if we move them on for [Poor language removed] money. They are established CB with solid experience… got to claw something decent back

wise up, mina is a cripple with 1 year left on his deal and michael keane is just a terrible player who we overpaid massively for to begin with. we are not getting a decent return on them.

Imo Holgate needs and has always needed a run of games. In/out of the side doesnt suit or work for him.

Godfrey just needs a partner to help with his positioning...if he goes out someone needs to hang back etc

….I think exactly the opposite. I think he can come in and do ok for a game but he can’t keep that level up & gets found out.

Dreadful positioning, you often see him the wrong side of the ball watching the game. Rash and mistimes tackles giving away dangerous free-kicks & no power of recovery when the opposition goes beyond him. I’m very nervous when he plays & I’d even have Keane ahead of him.

Imo Holgate needs and has always needed a run of games. In/out of the side doesnt suit or work for him.

Godfrey just needs a partner to help with his positioning...if he goes out someone needs to hang back etc
I honestly think Holgate is the better natural defender.

We're blinded by Godfreys aggression and pace.

We need the Club Doc to somehow splice them together.

….I think exactly the opposite. I think he can come in and do ok for a game but he can’t keep that level up & gets found out.

Dreadful positioning, you often see him the wrong side of the ball watching the game. Rash and mistimes tackles giving away dangerous free-kicks & no power of recovery when the opposition goes beyond him. I’m very nervous when he plays & I’d even have Keane ahead of him.
But surely the things you list as a weakness are because he's in and out of the side?

I just don't think he's ever good enough to get a run of games though. I can't see him being any more than what he is, a squad utility player who can come in and do you a job when necessary. I'm perfectly happy to have him for that role, but whether he's happy with that and whether it's a good use of resources is a different matter.

The more obvious answer would be he's in and out of the side because of his weaknesses surely?
Well yeah, or the fact that we seem to sign injury prone players. (who are 'better' than Holgate but are completely unreliable.

Whoever your central defenders are, they need to play together consistently. That's a big plus about signing Tarkowski, hardly ever misses a game.

But surely the things you list as a weakness are because he's in and out of the side?

…as I said, I think he’s worst when he has a run of games. Often it’s what he doesn’t do & have a look where he is when we concede a lot of our goals. I’m a nervous kitten when the opposition has possession around our box because he can’t time a tackle. A liability.

Which I'm pretty certain he will be mate.
pokemon_crying.gif

I honestly think Holgate is the better natural defender.

We're blinded by Godfreys aggression and pace.

We need the Club Doc to somehow splice them together.

I just don't think he's ever good enough to get a run of games though. I can't see him being any more than what he is, a squad utility player who can come in and do you a job when necessary. I'm perfectly happy to have him for that role, but whether he's happy with that and whether it's a good use of resources is a different matter.

…as I said, I think he’s worst when he has a run of games. Often it’s what he doesn’t do & have a look where he is when we concede a lot of our goals. I’m a nervous kitten when the opposition has possession around our box because he can’t time a tackle. A liability.

My view is simple on Holgate.

If hes moved around at RB, RCB, LCB in random games without a settled position then hes nothing above below average.

However, if he gets a run of games in a back 3 at either LCB or RCB then he looks above average.

I think he and Godfrey could play most of the season either side of the main CB (Tarkowski) and we'll look pretty good as a unit.

If its a case of Holgate not being at the level were aspiring to after this coming season then he cant be a rotation player...doesnt suit him.

He'd need to be sold.

Meanwhile, Keane makes a mistake at least every single game and is a total liability outside of the 6 yard box.

Keane has to be moved on at all costs.

That transfers toffee chap on twitter.

If we were able to get these guys both in...one for a fee and the other for a loan with buyout...It would be amazing.

ToffeeTransfers
@[Publication is blacklisted]
·
14h

50/50 Gallagher 60/40 for us for Colwill

My view is simple on Holgate.

If hes moved around at RB, RCB, LCB in random games without a settled position then hes nothing above below average.

However, if he gets a run of games in a back 3 at either LCB or RCB then he looks above average.

I think he and Godfrey could play most of the season either side of the main CB (Tarkowski) and we'll look pretty good as a unit.

If its a case of Holgate not being at the level were aspiring to after this coming season then he cant be a rotation player...doesnt suit him.

He'd need to be sold.

Meanwhile, Keane makes a mistake at least every single game and is a total liability outside of the 6 yard box.

Keane has to be moved on at all costs.
I'm never too happy relying on stats but the points gained when Mina plays tells a story. Keane alongside anyone else but Mina virtually guarantees we concede goals. Central defence is all about partnerships,if we do get Tarkowski and he remains injury free he'd build a good partnership with either Holgate or Godfrey,with Keane?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back