Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
That transfers toffee chap on twitter.

If we were able to get these guys both in...one for a fee and the other for a loan with buyout...It would be amazing.

ToffeeTransfers
@[Publication is blacklisted]
·
14h
50/50 Gallagher 60/40 for us for Colwill

You could argue there is a 50 50 chance of signing any player to be fair. There are only 2 possible outcomes.

We either sign them or we don't sign them.

I don't think Colwill is anywhere near ready, and I don't think Gallagher will be interested in coming here.

My view is simple on Holgate.

If hes moved around at RB, RCB, LCB in random games without a settled position then hes nothing above below average.

However, if he gets a run of games in a back 3 at either LCB or RCB then he looks above average.

I think he and Godfrey could play most of the season either side of the main CB (Tarkowski) and we'll look pretty good as a unit.

If its a case of Holgate not being at the level were aspiring to after this coming season then he cant be a rotation player...doesnt suit him.

He'd need to be sold.

Meanwhile, Keane makes a mistake at least every single game and is a total liability outside of the 6 yard box.

Keane has to be moved on at all costs.
Except for a few games a couple of years ago, i dont think hes ever seemed above average. I dont think hes a very good CB. Too small, too weak, to slow, to error prone. Gotta agree with Eggs, Holgate looked the best when he had sporatic games, usually as a RB. The suggestion of Holgate and Branthwaite as a cb pairing is madness and would end in tears. I have faith in Brandthwaite, but hes too green to play with someone like Holgate as a partner.

My view is simple on Holgate.

If hes moved around at RB, RCB, LCB in random games without a settled position then hes nothing above below average.

However, if he gets a run of games in a back 3 at either LCB or RCB then he looks above average.

I think he and Godfrey could play most of the season either side of the main CB (Tarkowski) and we'll look pretty good as a unit.

If its a case of Holgate not being at the level were aspiring to after this coming season then he cant be a rotation player...doesnt suit him.

He'd need to be sold.

Meanwhile, Keane makes a mistake at least every single game and is a total liability outside of the 6 yard box.

Keane has to be moved on at all costs.
My view on him is that he's had more than enough time to show he's either good enough now or has potential to substantially improve, and he's failed on both fronts.

Obviously I have no idea about his wage, but as a backup on a low wage I'd have no issue at all with him staying with us long term. It's just a shame that injuries forced him into being a crucial player last season.

I think he's probably on a wage that he couldn't get elsewhere and we're stuck with him whether we want to keep him or not, just like the rest of them.

You could argue there is a 50 50 chance of signing any player to be fair. There are only 2 possible outcomes.

I don't think Colwill is anywhere near ready, and I don't think Gallagher will be interested in coming here.
I wouldn’t take colwill on loan, unless Frank is going to play a 3 and thinks we can get away With him on the left with a bit more experience around him. If we play a 2 he would most likely be on the bench all season, don’t see the point in that. If we buy him
Then that’s different

My view on him is that he's had more than enough time to show he's either good enough now or has potential to substantially improve, and he's failed on both fronts.

Obviously I have no idea about his wage, but as a backup on a low wage I'd have no issue at all with him staying with us long term. It's just a shame that injuries forced him into being a crucial player last season.

I think he's probably on a wage that he couldn't get elsewhere and we're stuck with him whether we want to keep him or not, just like the rest of them.
You do realise in a lot of Everton fans eyes. They need to have played over 200 games and be 27 before they can fully make a judgment, see Tom Davies

He seems to be trying too hard to be ultra itk I reckon
Also how does a club make 'Strong Enquiries'?
Shout it down the phone? Say straight out 'this is a strong enquiry'?
Put a STRONG ENQUIRY watermark across a form? Throw a punch?
It's 5am, why am I awake? lol
Quite not convinced he is ITK to any level

That transfers toffee chap on twitter.

If we were able to get these guys both in...one for a fee and the other for a loan with buyout...It would be amazing.

ToffeeTransfers
@[Publication is blacklisted]
·
14h
50/50 Gallagher 60/40 for us for Colwill

Colwill is an interesting one. It might indicate the club don’t believe in Branthwaite (or expect to sell him) but certainly if he arrived the CB department would look very junior (Tarkowski aside) if Mina and Keane move on. There’d presumably be questions around whether the lad Welch is good enough also.

Think the hope with Colwill is that he turns out to be another Marc Guehi who Palace smartly snapped up after a loan to the Championship last year.

If Kean BC and/or Mina leave, we’ll be looking for another first choice CB.

If we got a decent offer for Godfrey, I’d take it while his value is still reasonably high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back