Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
holgate can't pass and godfrey can't head

don't know why people are arguing over who is better because they are ultimately both crap and not good enough
I am very happy to give God the benefit of the doubt for last season due to his issues with covid, serious injury and having to play alongside Keane or Holgate. He definitely has more mitigating reasons for playing poorly than our other defenders do. He doesn't deserve to be written off, is only young, and would probably look miles better playing consistently alongside a quality centre half such as, dare I say, Tarkowski who actually is pretty decent. I am not saying that's what I want our centre back paring to be as I'd like to see a proper top notch centre back brought in, but I think it's unlikely given our financial situation.

holgate can't pass and godfrey can't head

don't know why people are arguing over who is better because they are ultimately both crap and not good enough
I don't agree Godfrey is "crap", I think he has potential he has pace and power and shows some leadership, he needs to brush up on his positioning and in the air yes, issue is we can't afford him time and he needs to stay fit /healthy I think alongside someone more solid and with a run I think he could be good. Centre backs can mature.

Godfrey plays ok at LB or LCB in a 3. Holgate probably the same on the right. Both play better with Mina next to them as CB. Hopefully Tarkowski can stay fit and have the same influence on the group, and we see a much more solid group at the back for a full season.

I do also think our defence as a whole would massively benefit once our midfield has been upgraded.
Yes a commanding DM who shields them would help a lot

Everton extend Begovic deal, Kenny leaves​

Everton have activated a clause in Asmir Begovic's contract to extend it by one year, but defender Jonjoe Kenny has left the club.

Kenny leaves Goodison Park after joining the club at the age of nine and made 50 Premier League appearances, with Everton describing his departure as pursuing "a new challenge".

The Toffees have also offered a new contract to Begovic's goalkeeper team-mate Andy Lonergan.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-raheem-sterling?postid=4010852#liveblog-body

Everton have activated a clause in Asmir Begovic's contract to extend it by one year, but defender Jonjoe Kenny has left the club.
Kenny leaves Goodison Park after joining the club at the age of nine and made 50 Premier League appearances, with Everton describing his departure as pursuing "a new challenge".
The Toffees have also offered a new contract to Begovic's goalkeeper team-mate Andy Lonergan.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-raheem-sterling?postid=4010852#liveblog-body
So much for that extension then!

Please let the Kenny news be real :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back