Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Championship average wage (for new contracts) is about £6-12k for those clubs that are sensibly run. You will get the occasional 15k a week player if they believe there will be some value in selling them.

There are players on £25k+ from deals signed pre-Covid at "ambitious" clubs and those at relegated recent PL clubs but most clubs are still losing money on more sensible structures so I don't see an appetite for giving out big wages apart from for exceptional talents.

Regarding transfer fees, I think we are all dreaming if you think we are going to get big numbers for our "fringe" players because these "fringe" players are not starters for many clubs:
Gomes - expires 2024 - £110k
Iwobi - expires 2024 - £50k
Keane - expires 2025 - £65k
Holgate - expires 2025 - £25k
Gbamin - expires 2024 - £50k
Kean - expires 2024 - £50k

So they don't hold any draw in terms of fees especially when we have them sat on long contracts.

Another problem we have is we have players who have a year left (expired 2023) who are first team players but also on nearing their final big deal:
Mina - 27 - £120k
Doucoure - 30 - £75k
Allan - 31 - £70k

So we are in a good position to cash in on these players but ultimately they make the team weaker and to replace them would cost more money than we would receive for them.

Our main focus would be cashing in on one of our bigger assets like:
Richarlison - bought £35m
DCL - bought £2m
Pickford - bought £25m

These players you would argue would get their transfer fee returned and potentially more. They have years ahead of them and enough years on their deal that we could negotiate better terms.

Regarding transfer fees, I think we are all dreaming if you think we are going to get big numbers for our "fringe" players because these "fringe" players are not starters for many clubs:

So they don't hold any draw in terms of fees especially when we have them sat on long contracts.

Another problem we have is we have players who have a year left (expired 2023) who are first team players but also on nearing their final big deal:
Mina - 27 - £120k
Doucoure - 30 - £75k
Allan - 31 - £70k

So we are in a good position to cash in on these players but ultimately they make the team weaker and to replace them would cost more money than we would receive for them.

DCL - bought £2m
Pickford - bought £25m

These players you would argue would get their transfer fee returned and potentially more. They have years ahead of them and enough years on their deal that we could negotiate better terms.

Surely a longer contract means they have a higher value than a shorter deal...we can ask for pennies on a pound for them.

Kean is either moving permanently to Juventus this or next summer.

Doucoure we have a 1 year option on to extend. Not sure on Allan

Championship average wage (for new contracts) is about £6-12k for those clubs that are sensibly run. You will get the occasional 15k a week player if they believe there will be some value in selling them.

There are players on £25k+ from deals signed pre-Covid at "ambitious" clubs and those at relegated recent PL clubs but most clubs are still losing money on more sensible structures so I don't see an appetite for giving out big wages apart from for exceptional talents.
Spot on!!, summed it up, some of the wages at Derby plain stupid. It's a viscious circle though, clubs promoted either have to go all out and spend and risk financial ruin or be sensible like West Brom and Norwich and risk being a yo yo team.Wolves risked it but they had Fosun who was willing to pump money in and it worked for them but could have gone either way.

Spot on!!, summed it up, some of the wages at Derby plain stupid. It's a viscious circle though, clubs promoted either have to go all out and spend and risk financial ruin or be sensible like West Brom and Norwich and risk being a yo yo team.Wolves risked it but they had Fosun who was willing to pump money in and it worked for them but could have gone either way.
Very true. Wolves really took a gamble with fees/wages/agents (spits) [apologies, not in front of a lady] fees etc; which paid off. Had it not, the points deduction handed to Derby would be small beer in comparison.
These are the conundrums.
Unless Everton survive, which I still believe we will, we could start life in a new division looking down the barrel of a P45.

Mina - 27 - £120k
Doucoure - 30 - £75k
Allan - 31 - £70k

DCL - bought £2m
Pickford - bought £25m

I would not renew any of those contracts. Let the expire. I would sell both Rich and DCL and get a forward in on loan. Spend the money on a DM and CM. Interesting to see what they do about fullback. Will Patterson go on loan and we replace with a loan signing. Similarly with LB. is the Ukrainian lad ever going to cut it at Prem level if we stay up

Surely a longer contract means they have a higher value than a shorter deal...we can ask for pennies on a pound for them.

Kean is either moving permanently to Juventus this or next summer.

Doucoure we have a 1 year option on to extend. Not sure on Allan
A longer contract Is no good if they are on a salary that they won’t get elsewhere. They don’t have to move and we’re stuck with them. Any buying club will know this and look for a reduced fee to cover this.

A longer contract Is no good if they are on a salary that they won’t get elsewhere. They don’t have to move and we’re stuck with them. Any buying club will know this and look for a reduced fee to cover this.
And whilst most fans would be happy to release 90% of them on a free, people cant seem to get their heads around that we would need to replace most of them.

When you get ZERO for a player, it means you have ZERO to replace them with.

I would not renew any of those contracts. Let the expire. I would sell both Rich and DCL and get a forward in on loan. Spend the money on a DM and CM. Interesting to see what they do about fullback. Will Patterson go on loan and we replace with a loan signing. Similarly with LB. is the Ukrainian lad ever going to cut it at Prem level if we stay up
I don’t see the the point in loaning patterson. Because we will then need to sign another RB Amd worse case scenario they get injured and we’re back to Coleman. We may get another right back who knows.

And I think we will get a left back as first choice with Mykolenko as back up for a season or two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back