Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding transfer fees, I think we are all dreaming if you think we are going to get big numbers for our "fringe" players because these "fringe" players are not starters for many clubs:
Gomes - expires 2024 - £110k
Iwobi - expires 2024 - £50k
Keane - expires 2025 - £65k
Holgate - expires 2025 - £25k
Gbamin - expires 2024 - £50k
Kean - expires 2024 - £50k

So they don't hold any draw in terms of fees especially when we have them sat on long contracts.

Another problem we have is we have players who have a year left (expired 2023) who are first team players but also on nearing their final big deal:
Mina - 27 - £120k
Doucoure - 30 - £75k
Allan - 31 - £70k

So we are in a good position to cash in on these players but ultimately they make the team weaker and to replace them would cost more money than we would receive for them.

Our main focus would be cashing in on one of our bigger assets like:
Richarlison - bought £35m
DCL - bought £2m
Pickford - bought £25m

These players you would argue would get their transfer fee returned and potentially more. They have years ahead of them and enough years on their deal that we could negotiate better terms.
I'm really dubious that we can make money on Pickford and/or Richarlison.

I don’t see the the point in loaning patterson. Because we will then need to sign another RB Amd worse case scenario they get injured and we’re back to Coleman. We may get another right back who knows.

And I think we will get a left back as first choice with Mykolenko as back up for a season or two

If we go 343 or 3412 next season...

Wing backs
Id have no problem going with Mykolenko + Nkounkou as left wing back. However, if Lampard has any concerns on either player then I'd go for Dwight NcNeil or Aaron Hickey because they can also play in other positions and wouldnt command high wages.

On the right it has to be Patterson and Id look at Singo (Torino) who only has a year on his contract.

Centre backs

Id keep Godfrey and Branthwaite and then look at the following:

Ginter (Free)
Bremer (Torino)
Zabarnyi (Kyiv)
Colwill (Chelsea)

If we could bring in 2 then I wonder if someone like Welch could be 5th choice

Centre midfield

If theres any chance we could bring in Tchouameni (Monaco) and Kamara (Free) along with Gilmour then we'd be set up nicely long term.

Douglas Luiz (Villa) will only have a year on his contract as will Gravenberch (Ajax) and Bissouma (Brighton).

Theres quite a lot of opportunity this summer to bring in some real quality across the backline and centre.

As always, the key is going to be shifting out Mina, Keane, Holgate and the usual suspects Gomes and Iwobi. If we can bring in £40mil for those players then theres quite a lot of opportunity out there.

Last edited:
If we go 343 or 3412 next season...

Wing backs
Id have no problem going with Mykolenko + Nkounkou as left wing back. However, if Lampard has any concerns on either player then I'd go for Dwight NcNeil or Aaron Hickey because they can also play in other positions and wouldnt command high wages.

On the right it has to be Patterson and Id look at Singo (Torino) who only has a year on his contract.

Centre backs

Id keep Godfrey and Branthwaite and then look at the following:

Ginter (Free)
Bremer (Torino)
Zabarnyi (Kyiv)
Colwill (Chelsea)

If we could bring in 2 then I wonder if someone like Welch could be 5th choice

Centre midfield

If theres any chance we could bring in Tchouameni (Monaco) and Kamara (Free) along with Gilmour then we'd be set up nicely long term.

Douglas Luiz (Villa) will only have a year on his contract as will Gravenberch (Ajax) and Bissouma (Brighton).

Theres quite a lot of opportunity this summer to bring in some real quality across the backline and centre.

As always, the key is going to be shifting out Mina, Keane, Holgate and the usual suspects Gomes and Iwobi. If we can bring in £40mil for those players then theres quite a lot of opportunity out there.

Gilmour is powder puff. Sometimes smaller players can be strong as they have a low centre of gravity. He is not one of them. He is also slow. He is basically a modern day Leon Osman

Gilmour is powder puff. Sometimes smaller players can be strong as they have a low centre of gravity. He is not one of them. He is also slow. He is basically a modern day Leon Osman
I haven’t seen loads of him, but think you shouldn’t look to much into this season at Norwich.
Connor Gallagher didn’t look all that at West Brom or Swansea When they were relegation fodder.

He’s still only young, so a lot to work with I don’t think you have to be a speed merchant to play as a number 6. Yes he will need to get stronger, but Frank has raved about him in the past only has a year left so I could see this happening. And as long as he’s in the right set up it couid work, would you rather Doucoure who may have the physical attributes, but is awful on the ball and passes backwards 90% of the time.

This is why I mentioned Tchoumeni, Kamara, Bissouma etc.

Signing Gilmour gives us a fulcrum to play through but there has to be a monster or two in the middle to protect him.

I'm really dubious that we can make money on Pickford and/or Richarlison.
Richarlison are you serious. Yes he hasn’t had a great season, but who has, he’s in a relegation fodder squad.

What have Liverpool just payed for Diaz. 45? I know he looks good and Is flavour of the month like everybody they sign. But he only has a slightly better goal record than Richarlison, when playing in a weak Portuguese league for one of the top sides. Amd Richarlison has a much better goals per games record for his country. Richarlison would score a hatful in that Liverpool team

I think he will still command a very good price minimum 55mil for me. Obviously that will change if we go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back