Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you’re saying and you maybe right.

But it’s still a weak league. Porto are top witt a plus 50 goal difference. And got done 5-1 at home v Liverpool and Liverpool even With 6/7 fringe players, some wouldn’t even make the bench most weeks, comfortably won 2-0
At home. Porto had 1 shot on goal and Diaz played in both games. And sporting who are 2nd also got done 5-0 at home to city.

Both team would be down with us in the relegation area. The rest of that league is championship and probably div 1.
No argument on that, the Portuguese league is pretty garbage right now and Benfica, who were way worse and shithoused their way past Ajax of all teams, are now going to get blasted by the RS too. But there are still probably useful players in the league and you've got to try and evaluate them somehow. It isn't easy.

Its the only way forward as we are not going to have the funds for established ready to go types.

As ive posted over the years, I think going for the most promising young players and giving them a platform is what can separate the gap.

Over 3 summers we could have a top young side and that would be the time to go for 2 or 3 established 'stars' to take them on to the next level.

Just looking at that right back slot where we had been dying for someone to come in for the past 4 seasons+ and replace Coleman...Southampton brought in Livramento for £5mil and Brighton landed Lamptey for £3mil.

To stay on the Chelsea line for a moment, Tomori was available as was Guehi... others like Broja and Gallagher have been successes in their loans with Gilmour also at Norwich.

I dont know all the Chelsea kids coming through next but thats a lot of top players who we could have brought in on the cheap just from one club.

We now have that Chelsea connection but also Thelwell who is an advocate of bringing in and through young players.

It has to be a time to recycle a large number of the squad and reset the strategy to something progressive.

As ive posted over the years, I think going for the most promising young players and giving them a platform is what can separate the gap.

Over 3 summers we could have a top young side and that would be the time to go for 2 or 3 established 'stars' to take them on to the next level.

Just looking at that right back slot where we had been dying for someone to come in for the past 4 seasons+ and replace Coleman...Southampton brought in Livramento for £5mil and Brighton landed Lamptey for £3mil.

To stay on the Chelsea line for a moment, Tomori was available as was Guehi... others like Broja and Gallagher have been successes in their loans with Gilmour also at Norwich.

I dont know all the Chelsea kids coming through next but thats a lot of top players who we could have brought in on the cheap just from one club.

We now have that Chelsea connection but also Thelwell who is an advocate of bringing in and through young players.

It has to be a time to recycle a large number of the squad and reset the strategy to something progressive.

I’ve said it for a long time.

Leicester bought players with potential, and they were hungry, wanted everything and nearly cracked the CL twice (yes, they’ve regressed this year), but the high ceiling grabs are always perfect.

Southampton and Palace to a lesser extent have done similar. Southampton going for Broja, Livramento, Salisu.
Palace picked up Guehi, Eze, Olise, Gallagher, Plange…

It’s the way to be if you’re not an extremely wealthy side.

Meanwhile we sign players who have reached their peak, their interest seemingly waning with very little resale value.

Players with potential, we move on without much fo a chance. Small, Bowler, Onyekuru, Vlasic, Lookman.

Do things like that and you find yourself recording £120.9m losses.

I’ve said it for a long time.

Leicester bought players with potential, and they were hungry, wanted everything and nearly cracked the CL twice (yes, they’ve regressed this year), but the high ceiling grabs are always perfect.

Southampton and Palace to a lesser extent have done similar. Southampton going for Broja, Livramento, Salisu.
Palace picked up Guehi, Eze, Olise, Gallagher, Plange…

It’s the way to be if you’re not an extremely wealthy side.

Meanwhile we sign players who have reached their peak, their interest seemingly waning with very little resale value.

Players with potential, we move on without much fo a chance. Small, Bowler, Onyekuru, Vlasic, Lookman.

Do things like that and you find yourself recording £120.9m losses.

Add in signing players not suited to the league (Gomes, Kean, Klassan) or crocks (Delph, Mina, Gbamin) and this further compounds the issue.

Its why im sick of the boneheads in our fanbase who blame Moshiri when he's placed his wallet and trust in the hands of actual footballing men like Marcel Brands and Steven Walsh who have gotten things so so wrong.

Add in signing players not suited to the league (Gomes, Kean, Klassan) or crocks (Delph, Mina, Gbamin) and this further compounds the issue.

Its why im sick of the boneheads in our fanbase who blame Moshiri when he's placed his wallet and trust in the hands of actual footballing men like Marcel Brands and Steven Walsh who have gotten things so so wrong.

He's interfered with making signings though as well, listening to agents.

182 million wage bill!!! ? ?
That was before James and ancelotti and his team, Bernard maybe Bolasie & Walcott, not sure if their wages would have been taken out.

So the wage bill has already dropped, Digne as well and this summer it will go again. By the summer of 2023 I expect our wage bill to be at least 50mil down on that, maybe more

He's interfered with making signings though as well, listening to agents.

Conjecture that though mate outside of social media land.

The only signing I believe he's interfered on is El Ghazi and even that was based on getting the Digne deal done.

I don't believe for one second he's vetoed us signing Mbappe or Haaland just to bring us in Iwobi and Toshun.

Conjecture that though mate outside of social media land.

The only signing I believe he's interfered on is El Ghazi and even that was based on getting the Digne deal done.

I don't believe for one second he's vetoed us signing Mbappe or Haaland and instead brought us in Walcott and Toshun.

Iwobi was a rumoured one with his Arsenal connections. Brands certainly briefed that when he left. He put it out there he had nothing to do with that one.

Iwobi was a rumoured one with his Arsenal connections. Brands certainly briefed that when he left. He put it out there he had nothing to do with that one.

The key word mate.

I dont deal in rumours I only deal in fachts unlike some on here.

Brands is a snake imo, got bombed out by Moshiri and Benitez and tried playing the blame game despite the fact he wasted millions on rubbish, failed to replace Coleman in 3 seasons as DOF and consistently left us short in areas in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back