Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I mentioned Tchoumeni, Kamara, Bissouma etc.

Signing Gilmour gives us a fulcrum to play through but there has to be a monster or two in the middle to protect him.
We have absolutely no chance at players like Tchouameni/Kamara/Bissouma at the moment tho... we can't go for players that as established/hyped as them as they'll have far more attractive suitors.

Think we'd have to go in the market below them type of names (should we even stay up), Bundesliga alone there's Grillitsch/Skhiri/Djibril Sow/Dorsch who'd all improve our midfield substantially. Should we stay up the ideal start to the Summer for us would be Grillitsch in on a free, imo. We haven't had a midfielder who'll just sit in for us and spray the ball about in years.

We have absolutely no chance at players like Tchouameni/Kamara/Bissouma at the moment tho... we can't go for players that as established/hyped as them as they'll have far more attractive suitors.

Think we'd have to go in the market below them type of names (should we even stay up), Bundesliga alone there's Grillitsch/Skhiri/Djibril Sow/Dorsch who'd all improve our midfield substantially. Should we stay up the ideal start to the Summer for us would be Grillitsch in on a free, imo. We haven't had a midfielder who'll just sit in for us and spray the ball about in years.
I doubt we could attract them, though in the last couple of week the clubs linked to Kamara. Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle, palace and Utd.

And Aston Villa have been strongly linked to Bissouma who has a year left this summer. And not seen to many other names.

I think a lot of players get overhyped and automatically People think every good player is signing for champions league teams.

If we go 343 or 3412 next season...

Wing backs
Id have no problem going with Mykolenko + Nkounkou as left wing back. However, if Lampard has any concerns on either player then I'd go for Dwight NcNeil or Aaron Hickey because they can also play in other positions and wouldnt command high wages.

On the right it has to be Patterson and Id look at Singo (Torino) who only has a year on his contract.

Centre backs

Id keep Godfrey and Branthwaite and then look at the following:

Ginter (Free)
Bremer (Torino)
Zabarnyi (Kyiv)
Colwill (Chelsea)

If we could bring in 2 then I wonder if someone like Welch could be 5th choice

Centre midfield

If theres any chance we could bring in Tchouameni (Monaco) and Kamara (Free) along with Gilmour then we'd be set up nicely long term.

Douglas Luiz (Villa) will only have a year on his contract as will Gravenberch (Ajax) and Bissouma (Brighton).

Theres quite a lot of opportunity this summer to bring in some real quality across the backline and centre.

As always, the key is going to be shifting out Mina, Keane, Holgate and the usual suspects Gomes and Iwobi. If we can bring in £40mil for those players then theres quite a lot of opportunity out there.

We will not sign a single player you’ve named above.

I doubt we could attract them, though in the last couple of week the clubs linked to Kamara. Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle, palace and Utd.

And Aston Villa have been strongly linked to Bissouma who has a year left this summer. And not seen to many other names.

I think a lot of players get overhyped and automatically People think every good player is signing for champions league teams.

I think there are many players in the summer to move for. Some may move to top sides, others may be attracted to work with Lampard.

There are plenty of opportunities to be had in this market but the key for us is going to be sales.

I think there are many players in the summer to move for. Some may move to top sides, others may be attracted to work with Lampard.

There are plenty of opportunities to be had in this market but the key for us is going to be sales.
Staying up first and foremost and then sales. Would be good to see Lampard bring in talented youngsters.

Richarlison are you serious. Yes he hasn’t had a great season, but who has, he’s in a relegation fodder squad.

What have Liverpool just payed for Diaz. 45? I know he looks good and Is flavour of the month like everybody they sign. But he only has a slightly better goal record than Richarlison, when playing in a weak Portuguese league for one of the top sides. Amd Richarlison has a much better goals per games record for his country. Richarlison would score a hatful in that Liverpool team

I think he will still command a very good price minimum 55mil for me. Obviously that will change if we go down.
Diaz had 14 goals in 18 for Porto. Liverpool are betting that he's taken a leap and can now bring that to a better league.

Richarlison is in said league scoring 1 in 3 while offering nothing else to the side. The situations aren't that similar imo. If we were Porto we'd be selling him for a lot but we aren't.

Journeymen who can still provide something but won't be a rip off financially and young players with promise

I think most of our signings will come from those categories if we really are financially in the hole

Just like the 00's all over again, except without a Moyes figure who will make sure we make the right signings

Yay

Diaz had 14 goals in 18 for Porto. Liverpool are betting that he's taken a leap and can now bring that to a better league.

Richarlison is in said league scoring 1 in 3 while offering nothing else to the side. The situations aren't that similar imo. If we were Porto we'd be selling him for a lot but we aren't.
You can’t compare the two leagues. It would be like Richarlison playing for Fulham.

You can’t compare the two leagues. It would be like Richarlison playing for Fulham.
You can, you have to obviously make adjustments for the skill differences but you definitely can. You actually have to unless you only plan on buying other PL players.

My point isn't even really that Luis Diaz is a good signing, I like him enough but I have doubts, it is that there is no unknown for any PL team buying Richarlison. It is hard to convince yourself there is upside in someone who has played the number of games here that he has and that is the age he is. So you're buying him for what he is now and that's not nearly as appetizing as someone like Diaz who might have extra to offer when he moves leagues. They could be wrong about Diaz, but there is that chance.

So for me I can't see any of the PL teams that are in position to buy him actually doing it and that leaves moving abroad where there is less money. There might be some teams with the money to spend that are a fit but they'll also have their pick of players to an extent. I'm just not fully convinced the offer is out there.

You can, you have to obviously make adjustments for the skill differences but you definitely can. You actually have to unless you only plan on buying other PL players.

My point isn't even really that Luis Diaz is a good signing, I like him enough but I have doubts, it is that there is no unknown for any PL team buying Richarlison. It is hard to convince yourself there is upside in someone who has played the number of games here that he has and that is the age he is. So you're buying him for what he is now and that's not nearly as appetizing as someone like Diaz who might have extra to offer when he moves leagues. They could be wrong about Diaz, but there is that chance.

So for me I can't see any of the PL teams that are in position to buy him actually doing it and that leaves moving abroad where there is less money. There might be some teams with the money to spend that are a fit but they'll also have their pick of players to an extent. I'm just not fully convinced the offer is out there.
I get what you’re saying and you maybe right.

But it’s still a weak league. Porto are top witt a plus 50 goal difference. And got done 5-1 at home v Liverpool and Liverpool even With 6/7 fringe players, some wouldn’t even make the bench most weeks, comfortably won 2-0
At home. Porto had 1 shot on goal and Diaz played in both games. And sporting who are 2nd also got done 5-0 at home to city.

Both team would be down with us in the relegation area. The rest of that league is championship and probably div 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back