Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know what the club may ask for Richy, the 50m plus figure is just one the press have plucked out of the air (i.e. made up). For all we know the club have said we won't consider anything under 75m.

It's quite easy to criticise the club, after all the give us more than enough cause; but in this case I'm happy to wait and see if we get an offer and at what level we accept

We don't know what the club may ask for Richy, the 50m plus figure is just one the press have plucked out of the air (i.e. made up). For all we know the club have said we won't consider anything under 75m.

It's quite easy to criticise the club, after all the give us more than enough cause; but in this case I'm happy to wait and see if we get an offer and at what level we accept
This is the thing West Ham are buying a Chelsea striker for 30 million who done nothing but we only apparently want 50 mil for a proven PL footballer and Brazil striker
Leeds want 75 for Raphinha

you do know if he goes it will be undisclosed to save face knowing us

That’s not quite true though. We will just have a lot less to spend if we don’t sell him. I don’t see the club selling for cheap because they’re desperate. This is not like selling Rooney or Arteta

He’s got 2 years left in his contract. Realistically this is the last chance we’ll get at securing some decent money for him without a contract extension.

I see this dragging along until we eventually give in and sell for less that our original demands.

Id be happy if we turn down every offer we get. If we sell the lad, we still have to replace him, and given some of the valuations being banded about, if we cant replace him (and more besides), then we'd be better off keeping him.

Just the things he's come out and said too...like he wants his players to bring in additional revenue to the club like LaBron James does. It's like they've seen the fanbases and figures and think there's a goldmine that just needs some American jazz on it.

In that case, they be wanting to bid on DCL. The man is a marketing dream. Hope this take over is done quicksmart and a new owner raps into that.

No one wants Richarlison to go but the reality is that Everton need to raise funds ( for FFP purposes if no other ) before they can buy.

Unless the supposed Broja deal is an outlier I have a feeling that economic conditions are dictating a fall in player values - Sterling anything between £35 and 60 m , Jesus £30-£60 m so we are likely to struggle to get the £75 m that we all think Richarlison is worth.

So without going down the avenue of player swaps which players , realistically , would you be happy with for the sale price of Richy ?

Winks , Colwell and Johnson

Zinchenko , Gallagher and KLP

Doucoure , Sarr and Dennis ?

So, assuming Richy leaves, right now that would leave us with something like this:

Pickford/Begovic

Patterson/Coleman
- Keane/Holgate/Godfrey - Tarks/Mina - Myko/Niels

Doucs/Iwobi
- Allan - Gomes/Tom

Dele/Townsend/Dobbin - DCL/Rondon - Gordon/Gray

For me I'd want Zinchenko in to replace Gomes in that 'number 8' role. Also ideally need a new number 6.. I think Allan struggled badly last season but I do accept that will be, in part, due to his numerous injury issues.

Could also do with another attacker, ideally a left-footer to play exclusively on the right. Someone like Townsend, but obviously younger & better.

No one wants Richarlison to go but the reality is that Everton need to raise funds ( for FFP purposes if no other ) before they can buy.

Unless the supposed Broja deal is an outlier I have a feeling that economic conditions are dictating a fall in player values - Sterling anything between £35 and 60 m , Jesus £30-£60 m so we are likely to struggle to get the £75 m that we all think Richarlison is worth.

So without going down the avenue of player swaps which players , realistically , would you be happy with for the sale price of Richy ?

Winks , Colwell and Johnson

Zinchenko , Gallagher and KLP

Doucoure , Sarr and Dennis ?
I do agree we might have to be realistic in the value. But there are deals that can be done. Like, £60m as a fee, then a player on loan with no fee. There is always something that can be done.

Its in the attacking phase Jack.
In the attacking phase I hope the wingbacks will be alot higher than that otherwise this will not work, the wingbacks have to be the fittest and most hardworking players in the squad to do this successfully, my concern is that defending we end up in a back 5 and unable to get out.

You can get out but by keeping possession and that space in the main will be at the back limiting counter attacks and having the same sideways/backwards passing in our own 3rd and middle third that we seen last season.

If we play 3-5-2 that means Gordon, Gray, Townsend, Dobbin are all surplas to requirements. I dont think we should even be contemplating a 2 man CM unless we are bringing in 2 which are genuinely, genuinely world class becuase they will be over run every single week.

So, assuming Richy leaves, right now that would leave us with something like this:

Pickford/Begovic

Patterson/Coleman - Keane/Holgate/Godfrey - Tarks/Mina - Myko/Niels

Doucs/Iwobi
- Allan/Tom - Gomes/Dele

Townsend/Dobbin - DCL/Rondon - Gordon/Gray

For me I'd want Zinchenko in to replace Gomes in that 'number 8' role. Also ideally need a new number 6.. I think Allan struggled badly last season but I do accept that will be, in part, due to his numerous injury issues.

Could also do with another attacker, ideally a left-footer to play exclusively on the right. Someone like Townsend, but obviously younger & better.

I hope it is more like this, Dele was quality in that role v Palace.

My frustration is we dont have a settled system which we can get continuity with, I think the chopping and changing has cost us points this season, I also think this ? 5-2-3 Rafael loved so much which Frank is clearly so desperate to get to cost us so many more points and nearly our Premier League status.

Pickford/Begovic

Doucs/Iwobi - Allan/Tom - Gomes/Dele

I hope it is more like this, Dele was quality in that role v Palace.

My frustration is we dont have a settled system which we can get continuity with, I think the chopping and changing has cost us points this season, I also think this ? 5-2-3 Rafael loved so much which Frank is clearly so desperate to get to cost us so many more points and nearly our Premier League status.

Pickford/Begovic

Doucs/Iwobi - Allan/Tom - Gomes/Dele

I agree that continuity is vitality important.. but for me that will primarily be down to squad fitness above all else.

We chopped and changed so much this season because up to half of the squad just couldn't stay fully fit at the same time and it crippled us. Hopefully Tarkowski will provide a bit of consistency at centre back at least and his record suggests that he can.

EDIT: also forgot to throw JPG into my lineup, but remains to be seen what will actually be happening with him after July.

We need to sell to buy, but aren’t we soon getting about 25 million for Kean? That should be enough to get Zinchenko in.

The £25m comes after his loan is scheduled to finish at the end of NEXT season. There was talks that Juve would buy him in this window, only to sell him straight on but there hasn`t been any movement in that respect yet.

I wouldn`t count on seeing that money for another 12 months

Status
Not open for further replies.