Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, assuming Richy leaves, right now that would leave us with something like this:

Pickford/Begovic

Patterson/Coleman - Keane/Holgate/Godfrey - Tarks/Mina - Myko/Niels

Doucs/Iwobi
- Allan - Gomes/Tom

Dele/Townsend/Dobbin - DCL/Rondon - Gordon/Gray

For me I'd want Zinchenko in to replace Gomes in that 'number 8' role. Also ideally need a new number 6.. I think Allan struggled badly last season but I do accept that will be, in part, due to his numerous injury issues.

Could also do with another attacker, ideally a left-footer to play exclusively on the right. Someone like Townsend, but obviously younger & better.
that squad screams mid-table championship side battling it out with millwall and luton for 10th spot

He’s got 2 years left in his contract. Realistically this is the last chance we’ll get at securing some decent money for him without a contract extension.

I see this dragging along until we eventually give in and sell for less that our original demands.
But Jesus had a year left and city want 50mil they probably will get 40. I think we’d get 40next summer and a very good World Cup could help as well. I get it’s tricky to predict. But why sell for like 45mil, late on when most of the players we want, will be sold and the other ones the clubs will put premiums on, late in the window.
So we basically lose twice

It might seem a bit left field but didn`t Frank play with Eden Hazard? Would we take him on loan if we didn`t have to pay too much in wages?
Would want at least 200k a week and although he was a great player he’s not really what we need. He’s 32 in Jan.. we need young players who we can make money on

But Jesus had a year left and city want 50mil they probably will get 40. I think we’d get 40next summer and a very good World Cup could help as well. I get it’s tricky to predict. But why sell for like 45mil, late on when most of the players we want, will be sold and the other ones the clubs will put premiums on, late in the window.
So we basically lose twice
We could sell in Jan after the WC

Considering we only just escaped the drop with this squad I'm pretty sure they are feeling quite desperate to improve it.
Frank had us 13th on his 17 games and that’s with an horrendous injury list and 5/6 incredible var decisions. I think with the out of contract players and hopefully kean going to juve and a few other fringe players hon, that could give us enough to buy one 20/25 mil player Zinchenko? And add another loan and a free. And this squad Witt a bit of luck of comfortably 12th to 9th next season

No one wants Richarlison to go but the reality is that Everton need to raise funds ( for FFP purposes if no other ) before they can buy.

Unless the supposed Broja deal is an outlier I have a feeling that economic conditions are dictating a fall in player values - Sterling anything between £35 and 60 m , Jesus £30-£60 m so we are likely to struggle to get the £75 m that we all think Richarlison is worth.

So without going down the avenue of player swaps which players , realistically , would you be happy with for the sale price of Richy ?

Winks , Colwell and Johnson

Zinchenko , Gallagher and KLP

Doucoure , Sarr and Dennis ?
Although we do have money coming in for Kean, and possible sales of Keane, Mina, Gomes (if we can get a fee from Porto).

Granted, that dosent add up to the cash cow that is Richey, but when you factor in say 30-40M to get a replacement for Richey, his sale dosent give the money we need to strengthen the rest of the squad. By not having to replace him, we should have 40-50M generated elsewhere to spend on areas of the squad that we do need to strengthen.

We don't know what the club may ask for Richy, the 50m plus figure is just one the press have plucked out of the air (i.e. made up). For all we know the club have said we won't consider anything under 75m.

It's quite easy to criticise the club, after all the give us more than enough cause; but in this case I'm happy to wait and see if we get an offer and at what level we accept
I think The Athletic said we wouldn’t entertain bids below £60m.

That may increase with Broja potentially moving for £30m & Leeds wanting £60m+ for Raphinha though

Status
Not open for further replies.