Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we have to sell Mina due to his contract having one year left + his injury problems + we have to sell Keane as hes dreadful.

I'd be comfortable sticking with Godfrey and Branthwaite. Then adding one star centre back + a young player -- @catcherintherye mentioned Colwill from Chelsea who is on loan at Huddersfield and by all accounts looks class.

Then like you say, a 'pivot' which would mean two deep midfielders for depth and competition. Also a young player to provide competition for Alli...then possibly more of a technical player than Doucoure for the box to box role.

Again, agreed another centre forward.

Thats just looking at the spine...

1 first choice centre back
1 centre back to develop
1 first choice deep playmaker
1 box to box player
1 deep defensive midfielder
1 young attacking midfielder
1 young centre forward to develop

So, for me just in the spine of the team we need 7 new players.

11 out Mina, Keane, Holgate, Delph, Sigurdsson, Davies, Gomes, Tosun, Rondon, Allan and Iwobi (adding him as he claims 10 is his best position lol )

To throw some names around:

CB: Colwill + one starter
DM: Gilmour + Kamara / Tchouameni / Luiz
CM: Gallagher / Gravenberch
AM: Wirtz / Ketelaere
CF: Broja / Gouiri

If by some miracle were clear of FFP then three dream signings...

Bellingham
Valverde
Kounde

You never know with Lampard.

Seems very high, is he 'that' good? Saw his youtube clips and doesnt seem rapid like Brennan Johnson...whats his strengths, whose he like?

I dont mean to nitpick but if Coleman, Keane and Gomes are in the squad getting games then we're playing with 10 men.

Agree on most of the rest
We dont disagree at that point, but we cant change the whole squad at once even though there are a lot of players that i personally don't like. (Keane, Gomes, Townsend)
We need to do the squad overhaul step-by-step, and it starts with getting the right players in that suits the system.
We have been firefighters wandering blindly for the past 5-6 windows with different managers, so we need to clever and do some shrewd business that are alligned with the vision of the club.

I personally hope for Billy Gilmour as a primary target for the #6-position.

One left field consideration with Lampard is how we might use the loan market.

I believe we get 4 spaces, 2 from domestic loans. Managers, especially managers who have managed Lampard (who was a model pro) will be very happy to send players his way IMO.

We are talking hypothetical here, but let's say we could get Gallagher, VDB (for 12 months) Jovic and say Diallo from PSG. That will be a very low cost way for us essentially resolve a lot of the key areas in the squad.

As you say, being sensible about recruitment will also be important moving forward. Gilmour has 1 year left, so will probably be available at a reasonable price. From Chelsea I'd love to see us go after Sterling on a free (and move Holgate on to replace him) and I'd consider Nketia from Arsenal on a free. These would all be players who would improve under Lampard, without requiring huge outlay.

As you say, we may be able to get them all in for less than the fee from Richarlison (I appreciate wages are a consideration).

Good thinking on the loans...if we need say 8 players and we can bring 4 in on loan then whatever funds we have could go on the long term young high potential signings this summer.

Then the following summer 2023 we could sign any of the 4 loans if we can include options to buy.

Not seeing the hype on Nketiah or Dujon Sterling but if we did sell Richarlison and many many many more players, along with the out of contract players leaving then we'd have a lot of money available for fees and wages.

If for example we signed a Colwill for defence and also Gilmour, Gallagher and Broja then how much would they all cost from Chelsea? £100mil approx?

Those four along with 4 loan players and I think thats a very positive direction to take.

What players can cart off in the summer first of all, those out of contract or those we want to re-sign?

What avenues will be left to fill?

We dont disagree at that point, but we cant change the whole squad at once even though there are a lot of players that i personally don't like. (Keane, Gomes, Townsend)
We need to do the squad overhaul step-by-step, and it starts with getting the right players in that suits the system.
We have been firefighters wandering blindly for the past 5-6 windows with different managers, so we need to clever and do some shrewd business that are alligned with the vision of the club.

I personally hope for Billy Gilmour as a primary target for the #6-position.
Pickford (and 2 backups), Nkounkou, Mykolenko, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Patterson, Doucoure, Onyango, Gray, Gordon, Richarlison, DCL, Dobbin, Alli

Thats already 16 players and Lampard prefers to use small squads. We probably need another 7 on top of that.

So while there could be a huge number of players leaving e.g 6 on frees and 8 on sales we dont actually need those numbers.

I think if we do what @catcherintherye suggested and bring in 4 loans in the summer then any funds we have from sales and with the wage bill having alot more space we could sign another 3 or 4 permanently.

I think @Eggs rates him and he looks very effective to me with a huge amount of potential.

It could be a masterstroke if we had Broja and DCL competing for a place and rotating.

This concerns me as he has looked utter dross every time I have seen him play. Thought he was terrible at Dortmund. He was one of those players that seems to have all the tools required to be a top player but somehow it just isn't right overall. Favre also stuck him out at LB a few times which didn't help him.

I may be completely wrong, but it really concerns me if he is the type of defender we are looking at.

Last edited:
This concerns me as he has looked utter dross every time I have seen him play. Thought he was terrible at Dortmund. He was one of those players that seems to have all the tools required to be a top player but somehow it just isn't right overall. Favre also stuck him out at LB a few times which didn't help him.

I may be completely wrong, but it really concerns me if he is the type of defender we are looking at.
Not questioning your views mate, but if he was terrible why did PSG sign him for 32million?

I know clubs have signed bad players in the past, but they normally play well to get moves in the first place.

Just curious, never seen this lad kick a ball.

Agreed. Although on loan it would have been fine to take a look first hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back