Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't head a ball so we're not starting at all the attributes. I hope he improves but he's 24, not shown improvement in awhile and not likely to for awhile as he's injured for a good bit and we're running out of games.
Football is about blends, and granted he’s not the best in the air but is that a pre requisite for a centre half. You may have other player who can do that. Do you remember a guy called Des Walker who played for England in the 90s, Cannavero was a small player so was Danny Blind but both made effective cente halves. It’s as much about organization as it is been someone been “good in the air”.

Football is about blends, and granted he’s not the best in the air but is that a pre requisite for a centre half. You may have other player who can do that. Do you remember a guy called Des Walker who played for England in the 90s, Cannavero was a small player so was Danny Blind but both made effective cente halves. It’s as much about organization as it is been someone been “good in the air”.
Cannavaro won a lot of headers though. Daley Blind is a better header of the ball than Godfrey.

I'm not saying he can't be good but it is a weak spot. It isn't the only one imo.

Cannavaro won a lot of headers though. Daley Blind is a better header of the ball than Godfrey.

I'm not saying he can't be good but it is a weak spot. It isn't the only one imo.
Well let’s see how it goes because we’ve got a new coach. I think all the players deserve a clean slate to see whether they csn fit in with the managers style of football.

Well let’s see how it goes because we’ve got a new coach. I think all the players deserve a clean slate to see whether they csn fit in with the managers style of football.
Sure everyone deserves a clean slate. At the same time we can be reasonable about how much improvement is likely.

I mean I like Iwobi and I can't see him being so good it looks like money well spent.

I swear we have been down the route of signing relagated teams defences before . It didn’t work out well .

You mean like Lescott, Jagielka who both got relegated the season before we bought them?

I don't actually rate Aarons btw, but saying signing a relegated player is bad because (I'm assuming Godfrey or Alcaraz are the example) is daft

We need 2 right backs...both Patterson and Aarons can play in other roles as well.

Also, just a thought but Kyle Walker has been RCB in a back 3 for both City and England.

I wonder if Patterson may be played there...

Rumoured to be asking alot when they went down and also when they came up

I wonder if this time they may take £13-15mil.

Coleman/Kenny out for £100k a week wages saved. Aarons in for £50k a week and the balance covers the fee.

Aarons is not very good mate

Gallacher, Gilmour, VdB would sort our midfield out for tears to come, all possibly obtainable too VdB unless Haag/Poch (maybe) arrives will be pushing to leave anything close to 20m would be a fantastic deal, Gilmour into the last year of his contract and after a poor loan at Norwich won't break the bank either, Gallacher if Chelsea buy again in cm could push to leave but would likely cost a bomb.

Gallacher and VdB though are pretty much the perfect players for Lampards system, Gallacher especially is absolutely none stop.

Gallacher, Gilmour, VdB would sort our midfield out for tears to come, all possibly obtainable too VdB unless Haag/Poch (maybe) arrives will be pushing to leave anything close to 20m would be a fantastic deal, Gilmour into the last year of his contract and after a poor loan at Norwich won't break the bank either, Gallacher if Chelsea buy again in cm could push to leave but would likely cost a bomb.

Gallacher and VdB though are pretty much the perfect players for Lampards system, Gallacher especially is absolutely none stop.
We don’t need 3, just 1 will do
Remember davies and Gomes will comes good again under a new manager/coach

Don't get the Gilmour obsession tbh. I'd take him for under 10 million but he doesn't actually fix a need. He should be lower down the priorities
Well he’s a proper number 6 which won’t don’t have and what frank will want imo. And he will want one who’s technically very good. I’m not saying he will go for Gilmour, he just seems an obvious choice

Well he’s a proper number 6 which won’t don’t have and what frank will want imo. And he will want one who’s technically very good. I’m not saying he will go for Gilmour, he just seems an obvious choice
If Alan stays he can settle and compete with Alan before he leaves at the end of next season. He was tremendous against Liverpool he is very press resistant but we need to ensure we have power to support him so also need to start thinking about docuoures replacement

Well he’s a proper number 6 which is what frank will want imo. And he will want one who’s technically very good. I’m not saying he will go for Gilmour, he just seems an obvious choice
Is he a proper number 6 though? He's not a great defensive player, not imposing physically or aerially and not exceptionally mobile. He seems a very Jorginho type 6 who also wouldn't fix our team. Easy to look ok with Kante and Kovacic/Mount next to you but he won't have that here.

Norwich have only won games this season with him not starting and their fans haven't been impressed. He doesn't pass the stats test either. His rep seems to be dining out on that Liverpool game

Is he a proper number 6 though? He's not a great defensive player, not imposing physically or aerially and not exceptionally mobile. He seems a very Jorginho type 6 who also wouldn't fix our team. Easy to look ok with Kante and Kovacic/Mount next to you but he won't have that here.

Norwich have only won games this season with him not starting and their fans haven't been impressed. He doesn't pass the stats test either. His rep seems to be dining out on that Liverpool game
All good points and I have no idea if your correct but Lampard will know so I guess we will find out.

Your 100% correct ref the players around him as he doesn’t have the physicality albeit the plan is to have more possession than the opponent which means it’s a little less important.

If it was £10 million I’d go for it

Think that’s harsh. Easy for Norwich to blame a kid on
Loan for their failings.

And I don’t think speed is a big thing as a defensive midfielder. And again Aerially, does he he need to be 6”3 and running around smashing into people.

He’s still very young and will need to get stronger, but being a very good technical player , gives you more time as a footballer.
And like @Simon baker sayd it’s getting the balance right. Im
Not saying lampard will go for him, but he’s the type he will go for imo. He wants a possession based team, that’s why he went for De beek, he probably had a heat attack when he looked at our average possession this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back