Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you like to see us looking at out of interest?

(Thats not a a 'go on then tell me who you'd have instead' jibe, I'm genuinely interested and would like to know what other centre halves are out there, because apart from Mina who we cant rely on, i hate all our other options

Bundesliga bias but all available for like <£20-25m I reckon and would take any & all of them.

Left-Footed

Evan Ndicka
Felix Uduokhai
Nayef Aguerd
Nico Schlotterbeck
Moussa Niakhate
Marton Dardai

Right-Footed

Mario Vuskovic
Bremer
Duje Caleta-Car
Malick Thiaw
Ko Itakura
Jeremiah St. Juste
Amos Pieper

If it was me, I'd probably look for one or two young players who have the physical assets and can be developed under Lampard and the backroom staff.

I'd like to go into next season with Godfrey, Branthwaite + Welch and a new young player...possibly Colwill from Chelsea but who knows.

Then I'd be looking for the sales of Mina, Keane, Holgate combined to fund one top player with perhaps more experience OR simply someone who could be 6/10 every week but the potential to reach the top.

So one semi-experienced CB (Godfrey) and then 3 very inexperienced... sound plan for Everton U23's next season.

If it was me, I'd probably look for one or two young players who have the physical assets and can be developed under Lampard and the backroom staff.

I'd like to go into next season with Godfrey, Branthwaite + Welch and a new young player...possibly Colwill from Chelsea but who knows.

Then I'd be looking for the sales of Mina, Keane, Holgate combined to fund one top player with perhaps more experience OR simply someone who could be 6/10 every week but the potential to reach the top.
We would get absolutely smashed to smithereens with those 4 as our centre back options!
Chuck in 20 year old Patterson at right back and an inexperienced Mykolenko at left back! You need some experience and knowledge in your back four

Name a club that would actually do that?

We would get absolutely smashed to smithereens with those 4 as our centre back options!
Chuck in 20 year old Patterson at right back and an inexperienced Mykolenko at left back! You need some experience and knowledge in your back four

Name a club that would actually do that?
Which four?

I said:

1 top new player (funded by Mina + Keane + Holgate sales) + Godfrey + Branthwaite + 1 new young player + Welch who'se been training with the squad.

Id happily go with
New star
Godfrey
Branthwaite
Colwill
Welch

@Raino85

I'd probably go for Bremer, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Colwill and have Welch around the squad.

More than happy with that for next season.

I wonder what effect on the market the Chelsea situation will have. Quite a few will want out if nothing changes and their Roubles won't be getting bandied around

I wonder what effect on the market the Chelsea situation will have. Quite a few will want out if nothing changes and their Roubles won't be getting bandied around

The only players capable of leaving will be those whose contracts expire in the summer. All their other players will have to stay with Chelsea and will not be allowed to transfer.

Chelsea will lose a few good players because of this, the likes of Rudiger, Christensen and Azpilicueta.

I think we have a good 15/23 players and 13/20 outfield players.

(15) SQUAD
GK: Pickford / Virginia / ???
LB: Mykolenko / Nkounkou
CB: Branthwaite / ???
CB: Godfrey / ???
RB: Patterson / ???
CM: Doucoure / Onyango
CM: ??? / ???
LF: Gray / ???
AM: Dele / ???
RF: Gordon / Dobbin
CF: Richarlison / DCL

(18) OUTS
Kenny (Out of Contract)
Begovic (Out of Contract)
Lonergan (Out of Contract)
Delph (Out of Contract)
Sigurdsson (Out of Contract)
Tosun (Out of Contract)
Van De Beek (End of Loan)
El Ghazi (End of Loan)
Mina
Keane
Holgate
Coleman
Allan
Gomes
Iwobi
Davies
Townsend
Rondon

If we shifted all of them, my guess would be £1.2mil a week in wages + £60mil in fees.

Basically a total pot of £120mil in wages and fees to use on 8 new players.

Could be more if PSG/Juventus work something out with us for Kean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back