Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL is on his bike whether we go down or not, there is a 0% chance of him playing in the championship next season.

We really need to sell him as quickly as possible to balance the books.

First priority in the summer has to be to sell the three assets we have with any real value (Pickford, Richarlison and DCL). That should make up for the massive loss of revenue for one season.

I'm a little bit worried that we seem to be getting linked with premier league level signings. Are the club preparing correctly for what's coming?

We really need to sell him as quickly as possible to balance the books.

First priority in the summer has to be to sell the three assets we have with any real value (Pickford, Richarlison and DCL). That should make up for the massive loss of revenue for one season.

I'm a little bit worried that we seem to be getting linked with premier league level signings. Are the club preparing correctly for what's coming?
We won't need to sell DCL.
Richarlison will leave , Mina and Allan also. They will generate enough funds to make sure that the rest are not sold in a fire sale.

We won't need to sell DCL.
Richarlison will leave , Mina and Allan also. They will generate enough funds to make sure that the rest are not sold in a fire sale.

Who would want Mina and Allan? Mina is on over 100 grand a week and plays about 10 games a season. Allan is old, on a massive salary and has been average at best for us.

If we manage to get rid of Mina and Allan we would be selling them for almost nominal fees. It would be good to get rid of their salaries but I don't think they are going to bring in substantial fees.

Who would want Mina and Allan? Mina is on over 100 grand a week and plays about 10 games a season. Allan is old, on a massive salary and has been average at best for us.

If we manage to get rid of Mina and Allan we would be selling them for almost nominal fees. It would be good to get rid of their salaries but I don't think they are going to bring in substantial fees.
Mina will be fine in a league that's less physically demanding I'm sure.

Allan is actually a good player played correctly. Sarri loves him, Lazio have been linked a lot. Sure he'd probably end up going back there.

Moving Allan and Mina on isn't going to be an issue. They are good enough to be playing for other sides that will pay - even if we won't get our money back. Mina's only 27 ffs. It's moving, as it always has been, the likes of Gomes, Holgate, Keane (he'd probably stay anyway) on.

If Everton stay up we are actually in a good position to hit the reset button as we have Delph, Tosun, Sigurdsson and Kenny all leaving on frees and the first three of them account for about £300k per-week combined

If we go down the likes of Gomes will take a paycut to play in Portugal. He wont if we're in the prem...
So going down is going to be positive is it?

It's easier to get rid of players and replace them when you're in the Premier League than have to gut the squad AND make sure you have enough quality for a promotion push

Mina will be fine in a league that's less physically demanding I'm sure.

Allan is actually a good player played correctly. Sarri loves him, Lazio have been linked a lot. Sure he'd probably end up going back there.

Moving Allan and Mina on isn't going to be an issue. They are good enough to be playing for other sides that will pay - even if we won't get our money back. Mina's only 27 ffs. It's moving, as it always has been, the likes of Gomes, Holgate, Keane (he'd probably stay anyway) on.

If Everton stay up we are actually in a good position to hit the reset button as we have Delph, Tosun, Sigurdsson and Kenny all leaving on frees and the first three of them account for about £300k per-week combined

Hopefully you're right about Allan and Mina. I do think salaries will be an issue, Mina could get a game for say Brentford but they wouldn't want to pay over 100,000 per week. The 300k sounds like a lot but we need to try to cut our wage bill by around 40-50%. 300k is maybe 5-10%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back