Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mina will be fine in a league that's less physically demanding I'm sure.

Allan is actually a good player played correctly. Sarri loves him, Lazio have been linked a lot. Sure he'd probably end up going back there.

Moving Allan and Mina on isn't going to be an issue. They are good enough to be playing for other sides that will pay - even if we won't get our money back. Mina's only 27 ffs. It's moving, as it always has been, the likes of Gomes, Holgate, Keane (he'd probably stay anyway) on.

If Everton stay up we are actually in a good position to hit the reset button as we have Delph, Tosun, Sigurdsson and Kenny all leaving on frees and the first three of them account for about £300k per-week combined
Agreed.
I think Holgate(if he leaves) would be sold for decent money as well.
Gomes will be difficult to move unless he gets the chance to move back to Portugal, possibly as part of a deal, although wages will be a problem.

I think the manager would be happy to keep Michael Keane (unless some club makes a good offer) , we can't sell all our players and he would certainly be a useful squad member.

Hopefully you're right about Allan and Mina. I do think salaries will be an issue, Mina could get a game for say Brentford but they wouldn't want to pay over 100,000 per week. The 300k sounds like a lot but we need to try to cut our wage bill by around 40-50%. 300k is maybe 5-10%?
Mina would get a game for every team in this league outside of the big six and arguably when fully fit (lol if ever) he'd walk into United's side atm.

The issue is keeping him fit. He's a very good player and if we'd had him fit for 5-10 more games this season I think we'd be safe now with relative comfort. He makes that much of a difference.

But if he moves he'll be going abroad, because his body cannot keep up with the intensity of this league. And that's a huge, huge shame.

Tosun all over again.

They'll all be 'happy to fight for their place' aka why would I leave and take less money elsewhere?

Gomes and Alli would be problematic i think. Possibly loans, if no sales were available.

Market for, DCL, Richarlison, Mina and Allan i think.

The rest i think would stick about though i think their would be interest in young Flash, Godfrey and Jarrod.

So going down is going to be positive is it?
No, it's not. But you can either cry about it or use it as an opportunity to address issues, rebuild and get back in the PL.

I've got absolutely no time for the club sitting there crying about the relegation that they deserve instead of taking it on chin and making sure it doesn't happen again. That is one of the biggest problems with us, from the boardroom to the players. We moan instead of taking on responsibility and addressing the issues.

Every time we concede the players look like they can't believe it is happening to them, like it is something being inflicted on them that they can't control. They need to get a grip. The boardroom is full of cry arses too.

It's all well and good leading the charge on a conference call against the Super League clubs but it might hold a bit more water if you weren't running a club into ground at the same time.

We talk about academy players but how many will really play in the first team next season ?
Dobbin certainly seems to be one, Onyango another and even though there are others that we mention are they really ready for the first team ?

The readiness of our young players to be involved will affect our transfer activity this summer.

We talk about academy players but how many will really play in the first team next season ?
Dobbin certainly seems to be one, Onyango another and even though there are others that we mention are they really ready for the first team ?

The readiness of our young players to be involved will affect our transfer activity this summer.
Tom Cannon, Ellis Simms and the lad on loan at Tranmere

No, it's not. But you can either cry about it or use it as an opportunity to address issues, rebuild and get back in the PL.

I've got absolutely no time for the club sitting there crying about the relegation that they deserve instead of taking it on chin and making sure it doesn't happen again. That is one of the biggest problems with us, from the boardroom to the players. We moan instead of taking on responsibility and addressing the issues.

Every time we concede the players look like they can't believe it is happening to them, like it is something being inflicted on them that they can't control. They need to get a grip. The boardroom is full of cry arses too.

It's all well and good leading the charge on a conference call against the Super League clubs but it might hold a bit more water if you weren't running a club into ground at the same time.
I'm sure Thelwell is doing what you want. I'm just saying it's going to be very bleak and very tough. We have to rebuild whatever happens. If we go down, we have to rebuild by being sensible and not having to get 15 news players in the door - as much as we want that to happen

I don't represent the club

We really need to sell him as quickly as possible to balance the books.

First priority in the summer has to be to sell the three assets we have with any real value (Pickford, Richarlison and DCL). That should make up for the massive loss of revenue for one season.

I'm a little bit worried that we seem to be getting linked with premier league level signings. Are the club preparing correctly for what's coming?
Farhad Moshiri owns the club I doubt we've made any preparations whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back