Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funnily enough the defence goes from our worst asset to our most consistent as I think we'll keep all but Mina.

Patterson Keane Godfrey Myko

Would be my back 4 - if Keane goes then Branthwaite comes in.
I would have something like

----------------------Begovic

Patterson--Keane--Godfrey--Mykolenko

Gray-----------Doucoure---Gomes------------Gordon
-----------------------------Iwobi

----------------------------New Striker

Keeping that team would be on the basis that the sales of Richarlison, Dcl and pickford would keep us in a position to have this team for one season in the championship and the parachute payments etc

The good thing is DCL, Richarlison & Pickford going means we can keep the bulk of the side providing we can offload a few big earners off the wage bill like Mina, Gomes, Gbamin to go with the likes of Gyfi, Delph, Tosun & Kenny who are out of contract.

If we can keep the above then we'll easily come back up if we do go.

The good thing is DCL, Richarlison & Pickford going means we can keep the bulk of the side providing we can offload a few big earners off the wage bill like Mina, Gomes, Gbamin to go with the likes of Gyfi, Delph, Tosun & Kenny who are out of contract.

If we can keep the above then we'll easily come back up if we do go.
That's my thought too. Look at the Fulham 11 who smashed that division or the 11 from Norwich the season before. Its such a drop in class from the prem.

I wouldn't be too upset about spending one season there, it's more of a case that I would be upset about the 70 year top flight record that would be lost and that I never thought we would be one of the original epl clubs to get relegated.

Let's hope we stay up first and foremost.

Keeping that team would be on the basis that the sales of Richarlison, Dcl and pickford would keep us in a position to have this team for one season in the championship and the parachute payments etc
Don’t want Gomes in the championship, huge wages and he’d get mugged off every week by anyone who put a tackle in on him. Doucoure I suspect gets bought by a mid table prem side. Iwobi is probably one of very few high earners who stays.

Funnily enough the defence goes from our worst asset to our most consistent as I think we'll keep all but Mina.

Patterson Keane Godfrey Myko

Would be my back 4 - if Keane goes then Branthwaite comes in.

Ideally Mina, Keane, Holgate are sold with Kenny out of contract and somehow getting rid of Coleman.

We then have:

Patterson Godfrey Branthwaite Mykolenko

Some youngsters and Nkounkou as well so we'd perhaps need 3 new defenders.

Lacking leadership in defence

Also if we do go down, will we still be having a pre season tour in the states. Think we’d have to cut back.

Not a chance

Your name doesnt suit you...

Simple enough question. 40 goal a season striker in Championship. Seems like a reasonable idea. Bit of forward planning like. And being pessimistic doesn't equate to being unhappy. Just means I'm never disappointed (as the song says) !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back