Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if a manager is extremely comfortable and knowledgeable about a player which he rates, he should just pass on that option because theres more promising obscure finds out there? Its convenient not lazy unless there were better finds that we could of acquired that would of been guaranteed to perform on or beyond his level.
It's lazy.

BTW Richarlison is the exception here. The others using this process are Robles, Kone, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Martina, Allan and James. It's a BAD way to conduct business.

It's lazy.

BTW Richarlison is the exception here. The others using this process are Robles, Kone, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Martina, Allan and James. It's a BAD way to conduct business.
McCarthy was just fine until he broke his leg.
And Kone did his ACL immediately after signing, tough to say that was an awful signing given that.

It's lazy.

It can be flawed like any transfer approach a lot of managers utilize that method. With Martinez it was lazy because they're obviously better players out there but richarlison was highly rated by the footballing community so it's a little different

It can be flawed like any transfer approach a lot of managers utilize that method. With Martinez it was lazy because they're obviously better players out there but richarlison was highly rated by the footballing community so it's a little different
It's different because it worked.

It's different because it worked.
Okay scenario you have a reservation at a classy restaurant but you have ingredients at your house to make a comparable meal that's convenient if you only have a can of chef boyardee and you opt for that,it's lazy. It's only lazy if other obvious superior choices exist and you go for comfort. But I digress we obviously have different perspectives on this.

Okay scenario you have a reservation at a classy restaurant but you have ingredients at your house to make a comparable meal that's convenient if you only have a can of chef boyardee and you opt for that,it's lazy. It's only lazy if other obvious superior choices exist and you go for comfort. But I digress we obviously have different perspectives on this.
If you're only looking for obvious alternatives that is lazy, or if that word bothers you just simply bad, because we're not going to build a top team with just obvious players. We've got to be shrewder.

Just wish we’d take some cheap punts. Derby, in League 1 now and almost out of business, what about the likes of Jason Knight and Lee Buchanan to add some quality squad depth?

No doubt we can’t sign them as they haven’t just been relegated from the PL or still play in it.

From memory, most if not all of these, are deemed talented and low and behold free.

C6E8755F-826C-474F-816F-5FD2AF925C1C.webp

Last edited:
We signed Richarlison just after Watford were relegated, was that the same?
The first question is surely do they have what it takes to perform in the league... And if there's genuine evidence of them doing that then that lowers the risk massively of any signing.

Just wish we’d take some cheap punts. Derby, in League 1 now and almost out of business, what about the likes of Jason Knight and Lee Buchanan to add some quality squad depth?

No doubt we can’t sign them as they haven’t just been relegated from the PL or still play in it.

it’s risky mate we probably want to use what we’ve got on players we know will can cut it at prem, but then again we can’t be that skint (within ffp)

Not sure this analogy is the right one for the situation. More like you can go to a restaurant you’ve dined at before, you know you like the food and will have a good meal. There is another restaurant that you’ve heard of and others have said it’s good but you’ve never eaten there. Do you go to the restaurant we’re you know you will get a good meal or chance the other place based on recommendations.

We signed Richarlison just after Watford were relegated, was that the same?
It was the same of a type. I'm just saying that I hope our scouting process extends to more than clubs like Watford and Burnley. We are not likely to do a whole lot better than currently if it doesn't.

No, you wrote this:

"Dennis, 24 is a carbon copy of Richarlison for less than £15mil".

I'll tell you what my problem is (again).

Where have you included Dennis' attitude in your analysis? The attitude that got him bombed out of 3 clubs?

Why doesnt your post factor in what positions theyve played?

Cant see any stats there showing Dennis scoring 2 goals this year.

Your post is utter lazy nonsense.

Saying Dennis, kin Dennis is a "carbon copy of Richarlison"...

GTF.
1. Where am I finding his attitude from?
2. He’s played LW and ST
3. He’s scored 10 goals and 6 assists in that watched side this season. Ok?

I’m now gonna put you on ignore cause you’re obviously here to wind everyone up.

1. Where am I finding his attitude from?
2. He’s played LW and ST
3. He’s scored 10 goals and 6 assists in that watched side this season. Ok?

I’m now gonna put you on ignore cause you’re obviously here to wind everyone up.

Can post false stats but cant read news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back