Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest rumors is that Newcastle are interested in DCL, Richy has lots of interest, we're looking at Chelsea youths and not sure we can get those at the moment.
Leeds seem to making decent moves to strengthen.
Not going to lie but I don't think my heart will take another season like last
We wont be anywhere near a relegation battle next season mate

Latest rumors is that Newcastle are interested in DCL, Richy has lots of interest, we're looking at Chelsea youths and not sure we can get those at the moment.
Leeds seem to making decent moves to strengthen.
Not going to lie but I don't think my heart will take another season like last

Are these really the latest rumours? They’re from like 3 weeks ago.

It seems to me a fairly persuasive argument for a managed turnover of some of our better players and hopefully getting in a few young players with high ceilings.

I think if we had managed the decline of Coleman better, bought a reliable CB and sorted the lack of athleticism in the midfield then we would still have been in the top 7 or 8 conversation. As it is, due to total mismanagement we have to rip it all up and start again I think.
Is replacing players as and when really a strategy, though? As in, something for a club to hang its hat on?

It must be four or five years since Coleman had that career-altering injury and Keane showed that he wasn't the man to replace Jagielka, but that's somehow not enough time for this club to move them on.

If reports are to be true, and we are after all these Chelsea young players.

Is it sensible to have our main targets at clubs that are currently going through a structural change? We don't know or have no idea what the new regime want or want to do!
We could be chasing all these players, only to be told further down the line, they aren't available

If reports are to be true, and we are after all these Chelsea young players.

Is it sensible to have our main targets at clubs that are currently going through a structural change? We don't know or have no idea what the new regime want or want to do!
We could be chasing all these players, only to be told further down the line, they aren't available
I wouldn't see much of an issue really, if we are using the loan facility, and we could only loan one player from them anyway.

More generally, I think its essential we fill the quota of two players on loan, it is going to be an important means of bridging gaps in the squad, whilst recognising there are no free loans.

Is replacing players as and when really a strategy, though? As in, something for a club to hang its hat on?

It must be four or five years since Coleman had that career-altering injury and Keane showed that he wasn't the man to replace Jagielka, but that's somehow not enough time for this club to move them on.
Definitely not a strategy but basic competence one would imagine. I suppose a major part of our issue with the likes of Keane was we paid well over the odds in terms of fees and wages. Not bringing in someone to replace Coleman was criminal though. I wouldn’t call myself a football expert or anything like it but even I could see JJK wasn’t going to take his place.

Given our FFP issues we’re going to have to do a bit of trading now to try and plug the gaps. Hopefully it’s not a question of one step forward and two steps back.

All this talk about Winks, I think it's all spin from Levey trying to get some interest in a player they don't want.
If anybody pays anywhere near their 20M asking price for that lad, they need to give their head a wobble. Its exactly as you say, Levey trying to shift some dead wood.

I wouldn't see much of an issue really, if we are using the loan facility, and we could only loan one player from them anyway.

More generally, I think its essential we fill the quota of two players on loan, it is going to be an important means of bridging gaps in the squad, whilst recognising there are no free loans.
I have no idea why we decided to bin off Everloan. It's a really low-risk high-reward aspect of the sport we should be looking at consistently.

We need so much this summer its very hard to pin point where we should start.

I think Tarkowski is a decent signing and should make us stronger at the back. I'm hoping we bring in a quality DM and ill feel more comfortable about next season if we do.

This biggest issue last season for me was goals, we just wasn't a threat going forward. I don't think DCL solves that but if he stays we need to make sure he gets service.

Dele Ali will hopefully play a bigger role next season and could be a replacement for Richarlison if he finds his old form. If i remember right he played more on the left for Spurs?

Main priorities IMO this summer are... DM, no10 and a winger that actually poses a threat in front of goal, for all Gordons hard work he is pretty poor in that respect, same with Gray and Iwobi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back