Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juventus are obliged to pay us 4M€ on July 1st and another 28M€ next summer. Plus, let's say 5M€ wages. So thats a total of 37M€ they have to commit to in the next 12 months (the transfer fee is in three installments but let's not worry about that).

But they don't want him in the squad.

So they think that if they can buy him, for let's say 28M€ now (although apparently Everton have said they want the full 28+4) and sell him for let's say 20M€ the next day, they will take an 8M€ hit. But if they keep him for a year and sell for 20M€ next summer, they take a 17M€ hit next summer on what they've paid.
Sounds pretty much like we've given them an Everton-type problem - how to limit losses on a player.

Sounds pretty much like we've given them an Everton-type problem - how to limit losses on a player.
To be fair, they've had 12 months to get a tune out of the lad, and they must have been confident they would. If they had have done, then his stock would have been much higher than the 28M€ fee. Seems we proper dodged a bullet getting that obligation to buy contract signed!

To be fair, they've had 12 months to get a tune out of the lad, and they must have been confident they would. If they had have done, then his stock would have been much higher than the 28M€ fee. Seems we proper dodged a bullet getting that obligation to buy contract signed!
They screwed up. For me based on every single appearance he had for us there was not even a hint of a player in there. He scored a few goals in France but when I saw him play for PSG he still looked rubbish

They screwed up. For me based on every single appearance he had for us there was not even a hint of a player in there. He scored a few goals in France but when I saw him play for PSG he still looked rubbish
He looked yards off the pace from what i saw of him with us. From the hype around the signing and the level he'd played at he didn't look like he was at premier league level at all, whether with more game time he would've come good who knows but not our problem now.

He looked yards off the pace from what i saw of him with us. From the hype around the signing and the level he'd played at he didn't look like he was at premier league level at all, whether with more game time he would've come good who knows but not our problem now.
When Dunc put him on for the last 30 mins, then took him straight off said it all. No effort. The lad hasn't got the right mindset to compete at the highest level. Even in the Championship, he'd get out played!

When Dunc put him on for the last 30 mins, then took him straight off said it all. No effort. The lad hasn't got the right mindset to compete at the highest level. Even in the Championship, he'd get out played!
I think he's talented but doesn't have the right attitude to play at the top level.

Look at superstars like Messi and Ronaldo , amazing talent combined with an incredible work rate and desire.

He had enough ability to have a chance of making it in the premier league but not the right attitude. He was a poor signing, and had about 3 good games.

Juventus are obliged to pay us 4M€ on July 1st and another 28M€ next summer. Plus, let's say 5M€ wages. So thats a total of 37M€ they have to commit to in the next 12 months (the transfer fee is in three installments but let's not worry about that).

But they don't want him in the squad.

So they think that if they can buy him, for let's say 28M€ now (although apparently Everton have said they want the full 28+4) and sell him for let's say 20M€ the next day, they will take an 8M€ hit. But if they keep him for a year and sell for 20M€ next summer, they take a 17M€ hit next summer on what they've paid.

Tbf to brands its been a decent deal for us in fees we've made about £35m on a player that cost us £25m and we've saved about £13m in wages if you take into account the psg loan as well.

Not terrible business for a player that was a flop for us.

Just goes to show if you buy young promising talents even if they don't make it at our club you can still make a profit on them.

The saddest thing in modern football for me, as somebody with a degree in Economics, is how average fan discourse is now as concerned about high finance, balance sheets, amortisation, and revenue streams as brilliant goals, players, and matches. Football has been co-opted by business interests. That's really never a good thing for ordinary people.

Status
Not open for further replies.