Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trouble is no one knows our exact position as at 30th June until our accounts are published, usually in December, but it was March this year.

Assuming nothing changes between now and 30th June and we retain the same turnover as the previous season at £193m it is widely believed we will come in under the PL P&S limit by 10m-20m.

As of July 1st the savings from the released players Tosun, Sigurdsson, Kenny, Delph etc is estimated at about £400k per week, so by time we get to June 2023 that is a saving of £20.8m, bringing us 30m-40m under the P&S limit.

If in the meantime we sell £100m worth of players in transfer fees that will show us 130m-140m below the P&S limit BUT if you are selling £100m of players you will also be losing, as an estimation another 20m-30m for that year in wages. So the answer to your question, in as short as I can get it, is potentially £170m.

Winks in on loan seems like happening, no idea what sort of loan fee we would pay for him, but for arguments sake we pay 3m loan fee and all his 50 wages that would reduce the amount we can spend to our P&S limit by 5.6m.

Again this is on the assumption the turnover is the same as last FY 20/21 but we have signed a new deal with Stake which is estimated about £5m more per season than previous and we have signed an official time keeper deal. So that is another £5m plus we can spend....

Does this make sense? If any new consortium can come in and bring sponsors that will also inflate what we can spend by inflating our turnover, so many variables on which we can only speculate where we are in financial terms and what is forecast. Unfortunately the only people who know where we are is the club itself and I assume the PL, we will not know until Dec-Mar time and even then we will not know the affects of trading since 1st July.

EDIT: Talking in cash terms

Similar to what i can see as well...

The only difference being that the sales would show on our books immediately...while any purchases we would / could make would be shown as amortized payments over future contract length.

So it should be well north of £170mil.

Of course, that would still need to be accounted for with ongoing P&S limits covered by lowering the wages / future sales / improved turnover etc etc.

But a short term opening.

Similar to what i can see as well...

The only difference being that the sales would show on our books immediately...while any purchases we would / could make would be shown as amortized payments over future contract length.

So it should be well north of £170mil.

Of course, that would still need to be accounted for with ongoing P&S limits covered by lowering the wages / future sales / improved turnover etc etc.

But a short term opening.

I`m not sure how the amortisation looks per player after the June 30th, obviously some players have come from the academy and some have signed extensions, perhaps someone with a bit more time can do the research and maths here. Dont forget that having Delph, Tosun and Sigurdsson off the books is c£80m in transfer fees or an estimated £16m-£20m in amortisation for FY 2022/23.

So I’m hoping the rumours about Zinchenko are true which mean we could be going into the new season with a starting Midfeild 3 of Winks, Zinchenko & Doucoure.

Dele playing on the left just off DCL and hopefully we get a new winger in with a better end product.

But that’s a much better midfield, especially on the ball.
You're hoping for that????????

The trouble is no one knows our exact position as at 30th June until our accounts are published, usually in December, but it was March this year.

Assuming nothing changes between now and 30th June and we retain the same turnover as the previous season at £193m it is widely believed we will come in under the PL P&S limit by 10m-20m.

As of July 1st the savings from the released players Tosun, Sigurdsson, Kenny, Delph etc is estimated at about £400k per week, so by time we get to June 2023 that is a saving of £20.8m, bringing us 30m-40m under the P&S limit.

If in the meantime we sell £100m worth of players in transfer fees that will show us 130m-140m below the P&S limit BUT if you are selling £100m of players you will also be losing, as an estimation another 20m-30m for that year in wages. So the answer to your question, in as short as I can get it, is potentially £170m.

Winks in on loan seems like happening, no idea what sort of loan fee we would pay for him, but for arguments sake we pay 3m loan fee and all his 50 wages that would reduce the amount we can spend to our P&S limit by 5.6m.

Again this is on the assumption the turnover is the same as last FY 20/21 but we have signed a new deal with Stake which is estimated about £5m more per season than previous and we have signed an official time keeper deal. So that is another £5m plus we can spend....

Does this make sense? If any new consortium can come in and bring sponsors that will also inflate what we can spend by inflating our turnover, so many variables on which we can only speculate where we are in financial terms and what is forecast. Unfortunately the only people who know where we are is the club itself and I assume the PL, we will not know until Dec-Mar time and even then we will not know the affects of trading since 1st July.

EDIT: Talking in cash terms
Great post. One thing that occurred to me is that while new owners might bring sponsors, we will also be 20m down on USM.

We have a very exciting right back in Patterson.
We do...but he is the only one really and his level is a big unknown in the premier league...also is he perhaps more of a wing back than a right back. In other words can he play in a back 4.

We do...but he is the only one really and his level is a big unknown in the premier league...also is he perhaps more of a wing back than a right back. In other words can he play in a back 4.
How do you know we will be playing with a back 4 next season?

Yeah...thats the big question indeed. Lampard likes his back 5...I hope we go with a 433 rather than the 5 at the back.
I reckon it will be 3-4-3/5-2-3 myself, Thelwell favours that way and it was how Wolves played when he was there and he did write a book about it after all. It all comes down to who we bring in at the end of the day.

I`m not sure how the amortisation looks per player after the June 30th, obviously some players have come from the academy and some have signed extensions, perhaps someone with a bit more time can do the research and maths here. Dont forget that having Delph, Tosun and Sigurdsson off the books is c£80m in transfer fees or an estimated £16m-£20m in amortisation for FY 2022/23.
I`m sure it would be known if The Esk still frequented this forum

Having to play iwobi in that position quite a bit last season and holgate the season before tell a different story....there is a big question mark on Patterson and Coleman is done.
Coleman is still competent enough as back up, more pressing priorities further forward

Status
Not open for further replies.