Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lingard is crap !

He's not great but he's better than some of the rubbish we have mate.

If you can punt Gomes for a few quid and replace his wage with Lingz on a free contract whilst funds are spent elswhere on Richys replacement and the midfield I'll be happy enough with that.

People expecting a summer splurge are in for dissapointment - until next summer lands we still have to wheel and deal.

The difference was we were paying James 200k a week to be fit for 50% of the season.

If Lingz takes a 80k-100k a week contract and is fit for 90%+ of the season then happy days.

To put that into perspective Gomes is on 100k a week and is useless, Gbamin is on around 60k a week and is useless and we've just lost Siggurdsson and Delph with combined wages of around £180k a week
Should have sold all those wasters and kept Hamez on his 90k pw ( like all the club briefed press told us when he signed , as did the Madrid press ) but you know this.

Loose your best players and most knew how the season would pan out.
Cant wait for next season.

Richy out....jlingz in ;)
Just to keep you happy.

Had a message this morning saying we're talking to Gallagher & it's progressing well, perm with option to buy back. Usually reliable the guy whose told me

Need to sack that off. Screwed us over with Geri if I remember rightly.

Apparently their could be movement as early as next week, a former player is the original source from the guy who passes it on to me. Think Chelsea include them in the vast majority of deals, don't know if they've ever used them or not

This would be a masterstroke.

I dont mind buybacks...depends on the numbers and if theres a timeframe.

E.g £35mil deal but buyback of £50mil if executed within 2 seasons would be decent.

Here's the big flaw in your calculations Zat mate, it's one a lot of people do.

We sell Richarlison for 50m then you calculate that as that instantly hits the books it allows us to spend at least that and in fact a lot more as fees in will be spread over the contract so say 3 year contracts we can spend 90m and only 30m hits the books this season and then next 30m etc, correct?

But what you are then forgetting is using that form of calculation every player we have bought over the past three seasons this coming season will have a third of the cost of the deal having to be factors in

So just take last season we sold Digne - none of that goes onto this coming seasons books, but we bought Gray, Mykolenko And Patterson.

A % of their fees now comes off what we can spend this sesson, correct?

Roll that back to the season before and everyone bought under Carlo, we also have to pay a % of there fees which comes of this season, again, correct?

See now the huge flaw in your calculations?

Well, no because its already factored into the 'current' P&S / FFP calculations which we have already passed.

So if weve passed then exact same numbers would be carried over to 'this' coming season less the wages removed from Richarlison + out of contract players...but obviously there will be new contracts and other items were unaware of.

I'd agree with you on this point, its a good one-- but the regulations split the cost over the contracts evenly no matter the actual deal so...

If you can punt Gomes for a few quid and replace his wage with Lingz on a free contract whilst funds are spent elswhere on Richys replacement and the midfield I'll be happy enough with that.

People expecting a summer splurge are in for dissapointment - until next summer lands we still have to wheel and deal.
Nobody is, you monumental rectum.

He not though is he we have younger wingers with better talent in my view, Gordon being one.

This would be a masterstroke.

I dont mind buybacks...depends on the numbers and if theres a timeframe.

E.g £35mil deal but buyback of £50mil if executed within 2 seasons would be decent.

Well, no because its already factored into the 'current' P&S / FFP calculations which we have already passed.

So if weve passed then exact same numbers would be carried over to 'this' coming season less the wages removed from Richarlison + out of contract players...but obviously there will be new contracts and other items were unaware of.

I'd agree with you on this point, its a good one-- but the regulations split the cost over the contracts evenly no matter the actual deal so...
My issue with buybacks, ot relies on our negotiators doing a good job. In terms of the figures, and the dates it has to be done by etc etc. And I don't have any faith it the people at the top of our club to do it in a way that benefits or protects us.

A huge pyramid scheme

lol no.

Its literally, LITERALLY the regulations.

Its the actual rules.

Its totally and utterly unrelated to real money...real deal structures and real balance sheets.

Its Profit and Sustainability rules which make no sense but they arent a "Pyramid Scheme".

Status
Not open for further replies.