Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He bought players of every shape and size during his 3 and half years here, and with very few exceptions they're all terrible. He's exactly the same as Steve Walsh, an idiot who got a job that was well beyond his capacity, capability and competency.

He'll do 'fine' again in Holland because it's as alehouse of a league as you could possibly wish to find and in PSV's world if they have an absolutely cataclysmic season the worst they'll do is 2nd or 3rd. At Everton, if you encounter disaster you can get relegated.
I think it’s funny how we consistently sneer at other leagues
Meanwhile our league is awash with obscene amounts of money yet the title will be won by one of two teams.
Another three or four will have an outside chance and will occupy the European spots.
Beyond these known teams the overwhelming majority are battling to establish themselves in mid table and avoid the drop.
Most of the better players have been imported in from these ‘ale house/ farmers leagues Whereas the best of the home produced players are invariably a notch below what could be considered ‘world class’

I just hope to god Moshiri stays out of the way this summer, another El Ghazi rocks up here and I’ll be politely asking him to pick a Mozzies car park of his choice.

Go and get Dennis and Gallagher in the next two weeks and it’ll be a good start.

What this also shows is we have an awful scouting set up. I hate that I'm going to say this but that lot do seem to pick up players at this kind of money and move em on if not good enough for decent profits, we only seem to be able to do it the other way round.
We do the opposite. We buy the type of players they buy for cheap at extortionate prices and wages. When Brands came in he was the touted as the type of DoF that bought low, sold high. Exactly what we wanted. Except he did it like twice for Richarlison and probably someone else. I don't get why we can't seem to find someone who can emulate that.

Please not to them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220706-121609_Twitter.webp
    Screenshot_20220706-121609_Twitter.webp
    65 KB · Views: 131

I think it’s funny how we consistently sneer at other leagues
Meanwhile our league is awash with obscene amounts of money yet the title will be won by one of two teams.
Another three or four will have an outside chance and will occupy the European spots.
Beyond these known teams the overwhelming majority are battling to establish themselves in mid table and avoid the drop.
Most of the better players have been imported in from these ‘ale house/ farmers leagues Whereas the best of the home produced players are invariably a notch below what could be considered ‘world class’
Does the fact that it's awash with obscene amounts of money and is relatively uncompetitive in terms of the title not speak to the difficulty of the league and the sheer size of the task that clubs face in trying to compete?

Take Ten Haag, if he spent £200m in one summer at Ajax it would probably guarantee them the league title for the next 5 years. The same amount of money at United might not even take them into the Top 4.

Brands is back at his cushy job now and I doubt he'll ever leave it again. He tried to cut it in the big leagues and came up miserably short. If Brands runs PSV's football operation as terribly as he did Everton's they'd finish 2nd-4th, Everton nearly got relegated.

Perhaps some are too harsh on the quality of other leagues sometimes but you cannot compare the pressure and the implications of failure between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back