Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start the season with the squad we have then the likes of Warrington, Price and Dobbin will be getting minutes. Like the look of Dobbin but hard to know if he needs a loan.

Start the season with the squad we have then the likes of Warrington, Price and Dobbin will be getting minutes. Like the look of Dobbin but hard to know if he needs a loan.
This is what I'm starting to think the plan is. About 10 youngsters have signed new contracts since Thelwell came in. Think he may be looking at our u-21s as squad fillers. It maybe a bit like Frank's first season at Chelsea.

Hope this isn't the case, and maybe we're just biding out time to make sure we get the deals that we want.

I don't think them wanting to join us is an issue at all. Leeds just signed one in Sinisterra and he's essentially swapping a team that reached a European final for a team that were worse off than us last season. Are you suggesting he wouldn't have come here? There's something deeper at play imo. It's like we don't even go for the young Europeans yet we do get linked to them (agents using our name, perhaps?).
[
…as much as I rate him, I have my doubts Branthwaite will get much game time, especially if we bring another CB in. From what I’ve seen of Onyango he’s got great physicality but not great quality, so he’s another that might struggle.

I’ve liked Dobbin since I first saw him, he‘s always just looked right. His size/frame could mean he plays more from wide positions and there might be an opening for him to get game time on the right.
I have confidence in Branthwaite longer term but he needs a loan next season. I think we need to look for creative solutions. If we are able to sort out a loan for a forward to buy ourselves some time rather than potentially wasting money on someone like Dennis for example

This is what I'm starting to think the plan is. About 10 youngsters have signed new contracts since Thelwell came in. Think he may be looking at our u-21s as squad fillers. It maybe a bit like Frank's first season at Chelsea.

Hope this isn't the case, and maybe we're just biding out time to make sure we get the deals that we want.
Combination of that and saving as much money as we can on any signings by doing it late, saving on wages and fees. But it means that first month could be a struggle.

It is though, even Alli's supposed excellence against Palace is greatly exaggerated.

It's fine, five to ten games into next season we'll either all be well aware that Dele is a goal hanger with no other real impact or we'll be wondering why he's not getting chances when it's because he's a goal hanger with no real other ability to make an impact.

Do you not think Alli did a lot more than goal hang against Palace mate? Not sure we watched the same game.

Serious question Zat, have you watched him play?

Having watched about 5 different YouTube clips of the guy I can say a few things for sure.

1. He's freaking huge.
2. Some great tackles by him, nearly all of them because he let the guy get goalside of him easily so had to slide in when they received the ball unmarked, best tackle is one you never have to make as your positioning cuts out the ball in the first place.
3. Pretty much every clip shows him using his physical size to do anything, maybe a bit easier to get away with that in the french league
4. He has a good left foot on him.
5. He isn't a DM (yet) he's like Fellaini or Dacoure playing there - big physical presence throwing himself about.

May develop into a great player, but right now he's raw as anything and nowhere near anything like 30m

Having watched about 5 different YouTube clips of the guy I can say a few things for sure.

1. He's freaking huge.
2. Some great tackles by him, nearly all of them because he let the guy get goalside of him easily so had to slide in when they received the ball unmarked, best tackle is one you never have to make as your positioning cuts out the ball in the first place.
3. Pretty much every clip shows him using his physical size to do anything, maybe a bit easier to get away with that in the french league
4. He has a good left foot on him.
5. He isn't a DM (yet) he's like Fellaini or Dacoure playing there - big physical presence throwing himself about.

May develop into a great player, but right now he's raw as anything and nowhere near anything like 30m
Yeah, he seemed very raw from the brief bits I watched.

The type of player you buy and ease into the first 11 over the next 2 seasons, wish we were in a position to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back