Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just mean wages wise, we probably need to shift one first (ideally Gomes who is on 120k pw apparently)
Do we? We just released a chunk of wages. I think spending money is more the issue with P&L. Obviously we do need to shift the likes of a Gomes generally.

Last edited:
Personally I've never rated Zinch: complete passenger/weak link in an all conquering machine. My nan could probably play LB in that team and get a winners medal. As for MGW: in the few times I've seen him play, "bang average" is the best compliment I can pay him. I don't profess to watch Wolves a lot, but isn't it still Neves and Moutino in their midfield?? Would a Wolves squad player improve us, assuming thats what he is of course?!
I haven't seen loads of MGW but he isn't anything like a Neves so it's like comparing apples with oranges, Neves is more of a pivot who can playmake from deep MGW is more of an attacking/box to box midfielder/number ten who can play on the flanks too, he just had a very good season at Sheffield United. You have to trust the scouts I suppose.

Last edited:
Regardless of the spin and links this week
Situation is still mot changed from what I posted last weekend

We will not be spending anything notable definitely not 25 or 30 millions as we have been linked to spending this week

Both wolves and Burnley have told is its cash in full and not interested in structured deals when asking about there players

Continental teams are more open and going to be easier to deal with but we aint firming up on any deals for Dutch or French based players the lad I know represents

Why do you think his loan stint at Norwich was so dismal?
Probably being due to the fact he was surrounded by players who are mostly Championship level and being coach by a guy [Dean Smith] who in all likelihood -as much of a nice guy as he is outside of the game- is not a Prem level coach.

From what I have see of BG i personally think he could slot right into the CFC team as a regular and be improved no end by Tuchel. I'm yet to be convinced by Frank but I think a team that is at least trying to get towards the European spots would suit him faaaaar more than a team/club that expects defeat/relegation every week as default.

Regardless of the spin and links this week
Situation is still mot changed from what I posted last weekend

We will not be spending anything notable definitely not 25 or 30 millions as we have been linked to spending this week

Both wolves and Burnley have told is its cash in full and not interested in structured deals when asking about there players

Continental teams are more open and going to be easier to deal with but we aint firming up on any deals for Dutch or French based players the lad I know represents

Release clause deals are always like that.

As for Wolves, the lad seems to want to come here, I'd walk away if they are being silly, maybe get the young lad from Chelsea we have seen, and go back for MGW next year, when he has 12 months on his deal and is available at a fraction of the price.

I don't see why not on loan he won't be starting much for Chelsea they have a plethora of midfielders.

Gilmour had a terrible loan at Norwich of that there is no doubt. To thrive he needs midfielders around him who will do the dirty work as it were but if he get time on the ball he will thrive.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if you were in for him but I am far from sure he will do any better for you that he did for Norwich.

A few years back I recall Reece Oxford coming in and playing a few games for West Ham and it looked like he was going to be amazing but it just didn’t happen for him. You could put Gilmore and MGW in the same box as him (more or less anyway) Beware the hype. Who would have thought that a guy playing in the French second tier would go on to be one of the worlds best midfielders?

The transfer team have a massive job ahead as they ideally need to get 4-5 out and 3-4 in at the right level while staying within our financial restraints. While we all want to get certain players in asap there’s undoubtedly a very difficult few months ahead for the club.

I haven't seen loads of MGW but he isn't anything like a Neves so it's like comparing apples with oranges, Neves is more of a pivot who can playmake from deep MGW is more of an attacking/box to box midfielder/number ten who can play on the flanks too, he just had a very good season at Sheffield United. You have to trust the scouts I suppose.
Yeah I hear you and get your point - full disclosure: not seen him at all at ShefU. Discern what you will from Championship football I suppose (easy response is "if he's anything above rubbish, what's he doing in the second division"). I'm certainly not doubling down on my "no to MGW" stance, just very discerning and not at all convinced.

As for our "scouts": I wouldn't trust a single one of them with 1 penny. There is not an ounce of evidence to suggest the scouting department of this clownshow of a club deserves my 'trust'. Heard the same thing with Brands, and with whats-his-name from Leics before him (his name escapes me right now), and with Martinez before that as we brought in half the Wigan team.

Release clause deals are always like that.

As for Wolves, the lad seems to want to come here, I'd walk away if they are being silly, maybe get the young lad from Chelsea we have seen, and go back for MGW next year, when he has 12 months on his deal and is available at a fraction of the price.
Definitely

It's a massively quite window
On the agent front there biggest business there doing after ten hag to man utd is randomly esports and commercial advertising

We have already signed a defender. Thanks for the prediction. How's your next season looking?
Yes, I am well aware you signed Tarkowski. A good signing for Everton, he is a good CB and the leadership skills and his apparent immunity to injury will really help Everton. However, I do believe u need at least another addition at the back. Right back looks a little weak imo and if Mina can stay injury free u are good at CB but history suggests that is unlikely.
As the football season hasn't started yet it would be a little premature to say how our season is going but the transfer business looks okay. We have added an experienced CB and a much need quality DM. The backup LB to Digne will help too.

I don’t get all the media shouts about us demanding staggered or delayed payments due to the P&S position we are in. Totally irrelevant.

If we buy someone for 20m on a 4 year contract, 5m hits the accounts each year (along with that years salary). You don’t account for the depreciation of assets in line with how/when you make payments. Paying the full 20 mill on the very last day of the contract would still mean 5mill per year when looking at the accounts/P&S.

We would only be bothered about delaying payments if we were short of actual cash, which we are led to believe is not the case.

Any article that mentions this (which is sadly then regurgitated by the various Everton fan sites and Twitter accounts) is showing that they are just making stuff up as fluff to make their tweet/article have more detail than the others. Ignore everything until you hear the player themselves reading off a card about how great Everton fans are and always loved playing at GP.

I'm not being horrible mate, bit we have Tarkowski at CB and DCL as a CF. Outside of the top teams, they are probably as good as anyone has.

Theres not a striker out there, better than DCL that we can get.

In a season where everything went wrong, and we had our worst season in living memory we stayed up, and were a few points behind you. If we can keep DCL fit we will be towards the top half.

If I were doing a joint team, I'd have Pickford, Tarkowski, Gordon, Doucoure and DCL. It's a pretty even split really.
I can't see Doucoure getting in a join team. Kamara (yet to debut in the PL admittedly) and Luiz would both be ahead of him. Martinez v Pickford is a flip of a coin. DCL had a poor season and from a contribution perspective, there isn't much to distinguish between him and Ings. Also, if any of those players get injured there is very little strength in depth

I like Everton, you are a proper PL team and should be doing better than u are. I am just a fan, like u guys, and I am just being honest with my opinions

I don’t get all the media shouts about us demanding staggered or delayed payments due to the P&S position we are in. Totally irrelevant.

If we buy someone for 20m on a 4 year contract, 5m hits the accounts each year (along with that years salary). You don’t account for the depreciation of assets in line with how/when you make payments. Paying the full 20 mill on the very last day of the contract would still mean 5mill per year when looking at the accounts/P&S.

We would only be bothered about delaying payments if we were short of actual cash, which we are led to believe is not the case.

Any article that mentions this (which is sadly then regurgitated by the various Everton fan sites and Twitter accounts) is showing that they are just making stuff up as fluff to make their tweet/article have more detail than the others. Ignore everything until you hear the player themselves reading off a card about how great Everton fans are and always loved playing at GP.
Been scratching my head about this as well. The payment structure (for both seller and buyer) doesn't matter for ffp/p&l as far as o understand it.

So either (a) we actually have no money so need to pay on the drip, (b) the selling clubs need cash flow now as they have no ready cash, or more likely (c) journos put 2 and 2 together, get 5 and are spouting a load of rubbish.

I'm not being horrible mate, bit we have Tarkowski at CB and DCL as a CF. Outside of the top teams, they are probably as good as anyone has.

Theres not a striker out there, better than DCL that we can get.

In a season where everything went wrong, and we had our worst season in living memory we stayed up, and were a few points behind you. If we can keep DCL fit we will be towards the top half.

If I were doing a joint team, I'd have Pickford, Tarkowski, Gordon, Doucoure and DCL. It's a pretty even split really.

Doucoure is awful fella. Odd game where he's on it in terms of contributing. But even then he's a very very basic player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back