Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forest havent played in the league for so long, it's just a huge gap to climb. I see them as 20th.

Leeds manager is awful and they were lucky to survive. Without Phillip's they have been comfortable bottom 3 form. Throw in Raphina now out, and I think they are probably at 20 point ish. Theyve then signed a few players. So you are weighing up what those new players do. But as we both know, gelling lots of new players straight away is tough.

Brentford could be a surprise strugglers too. They strike me a bit like Leeds and Sheffield United. Rode a Crest of a way, but will come crashing down. Without Eriksen joining I think they go down. Probably after the first 10-15 games they are relegation form for me.

Of some of the others, Palace have lost Gallacher, and had the best injury record last season. Brighton have lost Bissouma, again what impact?

Wolves and Southampton fell away last season too. If you said to me, of all the teams above, do I think we will finish above each, I'd probably say yes. When you get to the Newcastles, Villas even West Ham, I start thinking I'm not sure. That's where I pitch us.

The biggest thing for us will be keeping players fit though. If Mina and DCL played 35 games, we would be in the top 8.
Not a bad summary and difficult to argue with any of your points. I think Everton's biggest risk is injuries, hence the need for a few more signings. Hopefully Frank will be able to get a few in before the end of the window. I really hate the fact that the season starts before the transfer window shuts. They should change that imo

This isn't true, agreed to sign because of how he would be used within the team and an extra year on the contract.
When it comes down to it and outside of the Champions |League clubs, very few players sign for clubs because of who the club is. They sign because of the contract and base it on a combination of salary and duration of the contract. We are all fooling ourselves if we believe players 'wanted' to sign for our club imo (obviously there are the odd exception)

Watched last night back a couple of times, young Warrington looks a real option.

I’d much rather we put our trust in the younger players if the transfers we want aren’t available.

Everyone since Gueye who has played that role hasn’t been much use in there, why not let a promising youngster make some mistakes in there if we can’t get a first team option in this summer.

From what I’ve seen of Warrington Pryce Welch they can all pass a ball better than half the first team.

When it comes down to it and outside of the Champions |League clubs, very few players sign for clubs because of who the club is. They sign because of the contract and base it on a combination of salary and duration of the contract. We are all fooling ourselves if we believe players 'wanted' to sign for our club imo (obviously there are the odd exception)
Nonsense! Robbie Keane was a well-known lifelong Wolves fan. And Coventry. And Inter Milan. And Spurs. And Liverpool. And Spurs again.

I’d much rather we put our trust in the younger players if the transfers we want aren’t available.

Everyone since Gueye who has played that role hasn’t been much use in there, why not let a promising youngster make some mistakes in there if we can’t get a first team option in this summer.

From what I’ve seen of Warrington Pryce Welch they can all pass a ball better than half the first team.

Warrington is looking like he’s ready to make the step up to PL debut. If he can be a midfield option for 20 mins initially and he can fight for a shirt we’ve hit the jackpot. We take it from there. Young Mills impressed me to, looked at it, might be a while of yet though.

How incredible woukd it be if lads like Warrington could slot in and negate the need for the Gomes or JPG‘s of this world.

Be great to see and think Frank might have the cahonas for it, more so then former managers.

Holgate and Godfrey not good enough, Mina in last year of contract and Keane is average

The fact tarkowski is our only decent centre half and he has no protection from the midfield because Doucoure and Allan are jokes is a cause for concern

the fact we are not prioritising a centre half and a 6 is worrying

Why are we not utilising the loan market if we have limited funds

We have 50 mil from richarlison and two loans would cost a fraction of that

Warrington is looking like he’s ready to make the step up to PL debut. If he can be a midfield option for 20 mins initially and he can fight for a shirt we’ve hit the jackpot. We take it from there. Young Mills impressed me to, looked at it, might be a while of yet though.

How incredible woukd it be if lads like Warrington could slot in and negate the need for the Gomes or JPG‘s of this world.

Be great to see and think Frank might have the cahonas for it.

Would be amazing to have a spine right through the team at some point of academy players. I genuinely think it’s the only way we can get back to the top, but it of course depends on them being good enough. Dobbin Simms Warrington Welch Mills Onyango Pryce, they all won’t make it but even if two or three could become first team players it would be a massive boost to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back