Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a bid for Tielemans from Leicester? Entering the year of his contract and seemingly unwilling to sign a new one.

Arsenal were rumoured to be interested but they've since strengthened in his position, and nobody else appears to be linked with him.

Went off the boil last season did Tielemans, as did Leicester in general to be fair, but he's proven himself as a quality player prior to that.

Change of scenery needed?

They're unlikely to be able to demand £30m for him with just a year left, and it's a position we're absolutely desperate in.

Now whether he thinks he can do better than Everton is up for debate, but I think he could be an astute sticking signing for around £15m.
1. £15m doesn't even get you a Maxwell Cornet - Nevermind a Youri Tielemans

2. I'm not convinced we even have £15m to spend

I mean DCL is one of the most aerially dominant centre forwards in the league mate.

We set up playing deeper under Lampard, defeated teams like Chelsea doing so, which would suit Tarkowski, wouldnt it?
I mean DCL is one of the most aerially dominant centre forwards in the league mate.

We set up playing deeper under Lampard, defeated teams like Chelsea doing so, which would suit Tarkowski, wouldnt it?

Woods in particular at Burnley was there out all he far more often than not was on his own. DCL usually had Richardson joining him further forward.

I wouldn’t reference the 1-0 against us as proof of a system yes in that instance it worked but FLs natural instinct is not playing in that way.

We haven't signed enough of the best players in the championship. That's my biggest complaint. It's almost like we got money and didn't need to look there anymore, even though it's what we did best.

I’d agree, they have to be good enough though (like Stones DCL) otherwise the premiums on some of those players can be massive. Look at KLP for example over 20 mill for him, same as Godfrey, neither of them might ever be England internationals, Watkins similarly expensive. It’s a good market to look in but the risk is still there.

Van Der Beek and Kenny gone, Gray will probably be a starter this season and we allowed 5 subs on the pitch. With Lampard as manager and taking into account the poor depth of our squad, I am sure the likes of Dobbin, Warrington and Mills will get game time this season. Let's talk about this in May and we'll see who was right, it's pointless trying to debate it now, as only time will tell who is right.
Mate.....i'll of forgot all about this by May, but you feel free to get back in touch

If you look at the Arsenal game last Saturday I think the first team was more or less evenly divided between the two halves.
I think probably three of our starting back four played in the second half(Tarkowski, Keane and Mykolenko), as well as Gordon and Iwobi.

In the first half we had Doucoure,DCL... possibly Patterson and possible one of the centre back and maybe Gray or Dele.

It was used more as a training and fitness exercise by us than it was by Arsenal..... who do have a very talented squad anyway.

For me....WE have to find an attacking wide player to replace Richarlison and I assume it will be Cornet and/or MGW.

But, more importantly we need bodies in for centre midfield. We need a midfielder who can defend but also use the ball well to set up attacks and really as well we need a creative no. 10 which ironically we don't really have any of now.
While I do agree with you when it comes to how Everton played against Arsenal, I don't expect Everton to play the same way as you do.

Lampard had a pretty good first season with Chelsea, but they were never sound defensively. His second season they could not defend. Not at all. Tuchel came in and within weeks Chelsea had the best defence in Europe. With the same players. Of course Lampard studied what Chelsea did different under Tuchel. And he has all the insider info he needs from Joe Edwards that was Tuchel's assistant manager.

Lampard seemed to prefer 3CDs last season. He played with 3 at the back against Arsenal. As of now, we should not speculate in who's in Lampard's back four.

Also offensively against Arsenal Everton looked similar to Tuchel's Chelsea team. We didn't really play with wide forwards. Width were provided by wing-backs and the front players played so narrow that it seems mote accurate to say that we played with two number tens.

A 3421 formation should be a good fit for the current Everton squad. And with minor tweaks and changes in personell, it will also give tactical flexibility. Both between matches and during matches.

My main concern is where the goals are coming from next season. We should not expect more than 15 goals from a fit DCL. If Everton are great defensively we need 30 more goals from the rest of the team. Most likely we need mote than that. If we improve on set pieces, we can hope for 6-8 goals from our defenders. How the heck are we going to get +30 goals from the midfielders?

Gray, Iwobi and Gordon are players that will give you 4-6 goals a season. That is a concern. And probably why we are linked with players such as Cornet and Gibbs-White. That might not be the most flashy or exciting players, but are more of a goal threat.

Also a reason to try to do whatever we can do make Alli good. He is a proven goal scorer.

We can hope that Gordon can give us 10 goals a season and can outscore players like Cornet and Gibbs-White. But we should not expect it.

With five subs we could have a pool of players to play behind the striker. Expect a lot of running and pressing from them. Never need to play them more than 60 minutes per match.

33,000 per week on any site I have managed to find. I just googled it and all the sites seemed to come up with much the same salary for him.

One of the sites has harvey barnes on 10k. That cant be right
Screenshot_20220718-125509_Samsung Internet.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back