Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
72DDBAFC-DDC2-4A9B-8D07-0B6B28532F7E.webp

He is brilliant, can pass with h both feet and positionally is decent, only thing is he isn't great at passing on the turn
Don’t know much about him but bit of a red flag that Fiorentina pulled the plug and his only other interest is Turkey and one unnamed PL club? Unless there are concerns about something or his demands are ridiculous there should be more of a queue for a good player on a free, no?

One for the future, perhaps.Scott McKenna 25/26 y/o Nottingham Forest. Left-Sided centre halve. Joined from Aberdeen 3 seasons ago, adjusted to the Championship and helped win the team promotion. 6ft 5, strong, decent pace. I think he has been the fans player of the year last 2 seasons. It’ll be his 1st season in the Premiership, so it’ll be interesting to see how he handles the step up in quality. He’s regularly in the Scotland squad, although admittedly Centre Half is one of the weakest aspects of our squad. But I expect him to become a regular starter in the national team in the near future. Maybe one to keep an eye on and think about taking from Forest if the don’t manage to stay up, and he has done well.

One for the future, perhaps.Scott McKenna 25/26 y/o Nottingham Forest. Left-Sided centre halve. Joined from Aberdeen 3 seasons ago, adjusted to the Championship and helped win the team promotion. 6ft 5, strong, decent pace. I think he has been the fans player of the year last 2 seasons. It’ll be his 1st season in the Premiership, so it’ll be interesting to see how he handles the step up in quality. He’s regularly in the Scotland squad, although admittedly Centre Half is one of the weakest aspects of our squad. But I expect him to become a regular starter in the national team in the near future. Maybe one to keep an eye on and think about taking from Forest if the don’t manage to stay up, and he has done well.

We’re okay mate maybe one of your teams wants him.

If we're as skint as we're led to believe we should have moved on to bringing in Grillitsch on a free ages ago. Plays the exact position we need, defensively sound (has even dropped in at centre back before) and has excellent passing range. Beggars can't be choosers and he's as good as anyone we could realistically bring to the club on a free this window.

I'm very worried that we plan to sign either Gilmour and Winks and play them in front of the back four. We'll get walked all over if we do that. Whilst those players can use the ball much better than our current options, there's a huge lack of presence and positional awareness with both. If we do sign either (preferably Gilmour over Winks) then he'd be much more effective in a midfield 3 with a true number 6 to do the dirty work and start the attacks so that Gilmour can focus on threading the midfield and attack together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back