Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but it'll of cost us about £4m on this years accounts for two players with Premier league experience.

Its still depressing but with 5 subs being used this season we need to bulk this squad out fast.
It would only cost that if they both agree to play for free and have no signing on fee.

So after McNeil do we think one more attacking player and a defensive midfielder? Gomes, Gbamin and Nkonkou moved on?
My guess is we will see another 3-5 players come in between now and the end of the window. Mostly loans and frees.

Would love us to get some quality up top like Terrier, but it will never happen. Really like Broja too, so hope that happens. We need goals in the team.

Midfield still needs a lot of work too.

The McNeil transfer, if true, has wound me right up.

Yes, with the new 5-sub rule we have the scope to get more game time for more players. Yes, to do that we need better players in the squad.

However, the preferred way to do this is to sign better players than the ones we currently have. That way the existing starters that aren't quite what we need (for example Coleman, Allan, Doucoure and Gray) get pushed down to the subs bench, displacing worse players out of the match day squad entirely.

McNeil doesn't do that. He just sits on the bench while Gordon and Gray play whatever wide left role is needed.

At least Vinagre (another new face that isn't good enough to displace anyone in the starting XI) is only a loan. McNeil is costing us a transfer fee, and therefore indirectly diminishes our ability to sign the CMs and right-sided wings/forwards we need.

Not the player's fault that the club has decided to offer money for him, but it's a very questionable transfer IMHO. I can't even see how it provides cover in any particular position that would allow us to sell another player and bring in more money than we're paying for McNeil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back