Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sincerely hope that the fans will at least show support for the likes of McNeil, Barkley & Gana at the match. Can't go through another season of the fans constantly getting on the players backs....

Professional footballers or not, humans respond to positive reinforcement above all else. We saw that at Goodison during the last few games of the season.

Think it depends how they perform, I think 99% of fans will support them initially, inside the ground people even supported Benitez initially…

Seems like the McNeil signing would fit our profile of putting a small downpayment down, which means we should have plenty left to put a downpayment down on one or two more players. With Vinagre on loan covering LWB too, we’ve done well in the market financially so far.

If we get Gana or loan or for buttons, that’s another position covered for cheap. I’d assume then that our chances of getting a Dennis, a MGW or a Broja over the line increases. We need goals and one of them would be a good signing. That would leave a midfielder who can play a bit to partner the tough tackler, I’d take Winks with an option for a year. Barkley can sniff it though, want him nowhere near us.

Putting a positive spin on things, when Fronk is binned off in December, these ex Burnley players will be reunited with their ex boss.. Welcome To Everton ......

IMG_20220728_090422.webp

It doesn’t diminish anything let’s be honest here, we can still sign a midfielder AND have an extra wing option if we strike the right deals like with McNeil
We have very little freedom to spend, and we've just committed some of it (apparently) to a player who isn't a DM, a CM, a RW or a CF - these being our consensus positions of need. By default, we now have less room (financially) to sign players for our positions of need: that's diminishment. That's literally what it means.

Think it depends how they perform, I think 99% of fans will support them initially, inside the ground people even supported Benitez initially…
Indeed.. but again, as we saw last season, the toxicity nearly killed us off completely, so surely we must all agree that it must be swerved regardless?

He'd be the best ball carrier, dribbler, crosser and chance creator.

Where Gray infuriates because hes so selfish but 'looks' exciting because of his pace...McNeil walks into the team ahead of him.

Ive posted this twice before so a bit repetitive but:

Left: Mykolenko / Gordon
Right: Patterson / McNeil

When you think about it, theres a lot to be excited about there.

In an ideal world, we now go and get Colwill, a DM and Broja.
Gray got 6 goals and 5 assists last season... McNeil scored the same amount of goals as you, me, Big Oil and Davek, and one assist.

Forgive me for being underwhelmed.

Apart from assault and battery of a DJ in a pub, and impregnating a minor? The first of which was paid off to derail any prosecution, the second of which was subject of a High Court injunction on reporting, and then paid off to derail any prosecution?

Add to that, his missus smacking someone over the head with a bottle in a restaurant and the victim all of a sudden developing amnesia before the trial.

NEWSFLASH In the ongoing determination t get our club relegated and outside FFP as quickly as possibly, Everyons new sporting director kevin thellewell - ehimself earnng 25 thousand pounds a week - has now declardee to have signed 89 year old Dishwasher Frank Famblomnitonio, the once famed winger from Rotherham United. ""We can proudly say he has signed with us for a weekly fee of 55 thousand pounds and of course eve waived to set a transfer fee. Thellwell told glowingly to reporters outside Everton Headquarters in Florido assisted living facility.

NEWSFLASH In the ongoing determination t get our club relegated and outside FFP as quickly as possibly, Everyons new sporting director kevin thellewell - ehimself earnng 25 thousand pounds a week - has now declardee to have signed 89 year old Dishwasher Frank Famblomnitonio, the once famed winger from Rotherham United. ""We can proudly say he has signed with us for a weekly fee of 55 thousand pounds and of course eve waived to set a transfer fee. Thellwell told glowingly to reporters outside Everton Headquarters in Florido assisted living facility.
I’d quit while I’m ahead if I were you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back