Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fraser Fletcher saying Moyes and Newcastle are now in for Cornet and have deals on the table.

? Maxwel Cornet future getting closer. Newcastle pushing for deal with Burnley and West Ham have offer on table now as winger looks set to leave as expected ⚫⚪#NUFC ⚒️#WHUFC pic.twitter.com/hpittRaGHF

— Fraser Fletcher (@[Publication is blacklisted]) August 1, 2022

Think we'll regret this one if true.
I don't to be honest. The role I saw Cornet filling was as a right sided winger, coming in on his left foot. We've signed McNeil to play that exact role. Cornet now would be nothing more than a utility player - granted he'd be useful in that he can play LB, LW, RW and off a front man but our need now is really a striker who can press. If he can play across the front line, that would be a bonus, but Cornet is going to cost the best part of £25m and I just don't see him as what we need now. If we are going to spend that sort of money I think someone like Broja or Joao Pedro would be much more suited to our needs (and that's before you look abroad).

Personally wouldn’t want Dele anywhere near LW/LF if I had the choice. Of course, if it was totally up to me I’d fire him out of a cannon altogether.
Not in a 442 or 433 I agree. But if we are playing a back 3 with the width coming from the wingbacks like the system Chelsea play, I wouldn't be against him playing on the left of a front 3. In fact, he would probably be my first choice for that position. Think he could score a lot of goals from that position.

I don't to be honest. The role I saw Cornet filling was as a right sided winger, coming in on his left foot. We've signed McNeil to play that exact role. Cornet now would be nothing more than a utility player - granted he'd be useful in that he can play LB, LW, RW and off a front man but our need now is really a striker who can press. If he can play across the front line, that would be a bonus, but Cornet is going to cost the best part of £25m and I just don't see him as what we need now. If we are going to spend that sort of money I think someone like Broja or Joao Pedro would be much more suited to our needs (and that's before you look abroad).

Disagree to be honest mate, early indications are McNeill will play on the right. Width will come from full backs and we will play with inside forwards, the two we have presently, as of yet aren't bring home double digits from those wide positions, it may come, but if it doesn't then there is a drop off, we need both wide forwards to be produicing close to double digits. Cornet is a bit of speed demon, hes one of the quickest forward players in the league, hes aggressive, direct and can take on a defender, he can play through the middle and offer a different dimension to what we have and a key out let as we found to our own cost last year. Hes proven capable of double digits in a Burnley team - no easy feat.

But all opinions at the end of the day. If Moyes is in for him he's no mug on judging a player.

Yeh I mean he's a great player, we just need to make the squad more balanced, we can't have a billion wingers, 1 striker, and expect to do anything good this season.

We did try to sign 64 10's, now we will try the same approach on a different position. After 11 seasons we will have a complete squad

Fraser Fletcher saying Moyes and Newcastle are now in for Cornet and have deals on the table.

? Maxwel Cornet future getting closer. Newcastle pushing for deal with Burnley and West Ham have offer on table now as winger looks set to leave as expected ⚫⚪#NUFC ⚒️#WHUFC pic.twitter.com/hpittRaGHF

— Fraser Fletcher (@[Publication is blacklisted]) August 1, 2022

Think we'll regret this one if true.
Looks like Moyes fancies himself a Cornet then.

Disagree to be honest mate, early indications are McNeill will play on the right. Width will come from full backs and we will play with inside forwards, the two we have presently, as of yet aren't bring home double digits from those wide positions, it may come, but if it doesn't then there is a drop off, we need both wide forwards to be produicing close to double digits. Cornet is a bit of speed demon, hes one of the quickest forward players in the league, hes aggressive, direct and can take on a defender, he can play through the middle and offer a different dimension to what we have and a key out let as we found to our own cost last year. Hes proven capable of double digits in a Burnley team - no easy feat.

But all opinions at the end of the day. If Moyes is in for him he's no mug on judging a player.

Per Kroldrup says hi ?

Not in a 442 or 433 I agree. But if we are playing a back 3 with the width coming from the wingbacks like the system Chelsea play, I wouldn't be against him playing on the left of a front 3. In fact, he would probably be my first choice for that position. Think he could score a lot of goals from that position.
The Dele of 5 years or so ago might. This, very crap Dele that’s been around for a while and shows no signs of leaving will almost certainly score very few goals regardless of where he plays.

I’m not a fan, as you may have guessed…

If we are playing 343 then we won't be using traditional wingers (I hope), but more inside attackers, to allow wing backs the width.

We need goalscorers, not players defined by a certain position. Output is what matters. We cannot go into the season with only Calvert Lewin as an attacker with the ability to get 10 goals. Richarlison is only replaced when we sign someone who has the ability to get 10 goals - I don't care if they are a traditional 9 or can play across the front 3.
If we estabilish a style of play which I think Frank is trying to implement, I think Goals can come from a variety of areas. Not just DCL. I think the whole forward line can score goals and midfield fullbacks and defence can all chip in. Confidence plays a big part and a couple of good performances early doors are key. The transfer window isn’t finished yet so I’m confident of us getting a couple of decent upgrades and back up between now and the window end.

imo McNeil is a FAR FAR FAR superior player to a 2.5 month career performance (same as Dennis) Cornet.

I'll be a mixture of thrilled and relieved if Dennis and Cornet sign elsewhere.

Our targets now should be

LCB
DM
CM
CF

With the caveat that we need to sell players.

The Dele of 5 years or so ago might. This, very crap Dele that’s been around for a while and shows no signs of leaving will almost certainly score very few goals regardless of where he plays.

I’m not a fan, as you may have guessed…
Fair enough Brett. My glass as far as he's concerned is very much half full at the moment until he proves me wrong. It's the old adage, form is temporary, class is permanent. If he get's his mojo back under Frank I think he could become a very good signing for him. To some degree you could say he already has, as I believe his second half performance against Palace is the main reason we are still a Premier League club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back