Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The window isn’t over.

By all means, get anxious about it now if you need to, but there’ll be no judgment from me until the window’s closed.

I'm judging us every week because the league has started and we need points this month. Leaving a forward until the very end of the window is shambolic, especially since we sold Richarlison 30 June.

Does selling Richarlison and not bothering to target any other goalscorers constitute an overhaul?
Yes, because Frank was clear early on that he intended to strengthen midfield and defense first. I remember he said last year that he wanted a box-to-box midfielder, and that’s clearly what the Onana signing was about. He’s banking on him working out in that role, and he’s the right coach to get him there. He’d rather play better defensive football while developing young talent than cross his fingers that his side isn’t exposed on too many set pieces and Richarlison’s replacement scores enough to carry the squad.

Yes, because Frank was clear early on that he intended to strengthen midfield and defense first. I remember he said last year that he wanted a box-to-box midfielder, and that’s clearly what the Onana signing was about. He’s banking on him working out in that role, and he’s the right coach to get him there. He’d rather play better defensive football while developing young talent than cross his fingers that his side isn’t exposed on too many set pieces and Richarlison’s replacement scores enough to carry the squad.

Who will that be? We are still waiting almost 7 weeks on and points have been lost.

Who will that be? We are still waiting almost 7 weeks on and points have been lost.

well we haven't had a competent midfield 3 for about 2 seasons... 7 weeks (10 days of the actual season) for one player to replace 10 goals and 10 assists isn't really panic stations yet.

It should be panic stations because we will get relegated if we don't find the right players

can I borrow your crystal ball for this Fridays lottery numbers?

What were you like when we started a season with Marcus Bent up front? or when we got Arsenal has-been Kevin Campbell in to save our season?

We've played 2 games so far, without a forward. panic if we don't get a forward in after deadline day.

What were you like when we started a season with Marcus Bent up front? or when we got Arsenal has-been Kevin Campbell in to save our season?

We've played 2 games so far, without a forward. panic if we don't get a forward in after deadline day.

You don't need a crystal ball to see this squad has absolutely no goals. You don't need to be a football expert to see what our main issue is.

People defending the club and saying we are going to be fine are only doing so out of blind faith.

May as well be - completely unreliable.
Think he'll play more than you expect he will this year. Can't see anybody buying him this window due to his injury, so when he's fit he'll be in the squad if not the team. Still one of our 2 best defenders, especially in a back 4. It's just petty to leave him out of your "squad".

I'll reserve the right to panic if we don't get a forward by Thursday. If we don't get a result against Forest, I really do fear the rest of the season.

Think he'll play more than you expect he will this year. Can't see anybody buying him this window due to his injury, so when he's fit he'll be in the squad if not the team. Still one of our 2 best defenders, especially in a back 4. It's just petty to leave him out of your "squad".

He should be nowhere near the team again. Can't build a settled defence with someone who can't even play one match without going down injured with no one near him.

You don't need a crystal ball to see this squad has absolutely no goals. You don't need to be a football expert to see what our main issue is.

People defending the club and saying we are going to be fine are only doing so out of blind faith.

People who are saying we are going to be relegated are only doing through over the top reaction to 2 games where if you were being honest we could/should have gotten a point in each against a top 6 team and at a ground where we never perform.

but each to their own. Will love to revisit this 1) after transfer deadline day and 2) end of season... just to see if you think you are currently overreacting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back