Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like we're progressing on deals for both Maupay AND Brereton Diaz, smart by the club. Both of them for around £25m-£30m improves the quality we'd have in the squad for forwards. I still think we'd be mad to not cash in on Gordon but they're also 2 players that we can probably bring in without having to worry about FFP or P+S, if that was the way though these 2 and probably Garner would see us finished in the window, outside of a loan that might become available in the last few days.

Think it would've been a very good window but think everyone would agree it should've been done earlier if these were the players we were after, spent too much time waiting for Broja in a deal that Chelsea had no interest in, that being said better late than never.
Yeah sounds like we’re after both Maupay and Diaz

Why would they not get both?
Can't just be relying on rondon and maupay when Dominic Calvert-Lewin is inevitably injured again
True, they may well do. I thought maybe that if Gordon went they might shop in a higher price bracket for other forwards rather than bring in two at 10-15m, but if we can get both at decent fees it does no harm.

Maupay and Diaz would be solid additions and give us options for style as well as competition. Both good ages, and relatively low fees/wages.

They aren’t overly ambitious moves, but sensible is necessary given our recent situation. We need a number of new players.

I still think we’ll still see one significant signing come in if Gordon goes.

Maupay and Diaz would be solid additions and give us options for style as well as competition. Both good ages, and relatively low fees/wages.

They aren’t overly ambitious moves, but sensible is necessary given our recent situation. We need a number of new players.

I still think we’ll still see one significant signing come in if Gordon goes.
Rare sensible post on the forum. Thank you dear friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back