* various youngsters loaned out and those whose contracts expired

Ins
Tarkowski
Coady
Vinagre
Onana
McNeil
Maupay

Also looks like we may still be in for Brereton Diaz, Gana, and/or Garner. And maybe Kudus?

Maybe Gomes and Allan outgoing also.

So if we finish with Brereton Diaz and at least one or two of those other three in, I'd say the team overall would be improved enough to avoid a relegation fight. Assuming we get anything decent from Dom over the course of the season, it looks like a very solid mid-table team to me.

Now, if we also were to sell Gordon and then get in some combination of 2-3 players like Broja / Gallagher / some other high-level signing that would otherwise have been out of reach, then maybe we could even push a little higher?

Seems like we're headed in the right direction generally, at least.

Maupay is a decent buy. 25, last year of contract, price reflects that. Quite mobile, quite narky, likely to get around 10 goals, prem proven. Not sure why people are unhappy - done more than Broja, Joao Pedro in this league and any of the French lads we have been linked with, Guirassy etc. Doubt it’s our only business too. Better than Rondon, good fitness record - not sure why we’d risk money on an unproven foreign striker who looks ok on YouTube with no guarantee of being any good in our league…

No resale value? I’d imagine fee is around £15m which was reported earlier in the window. We’d get that back or close to it in a year or two if it doesn’t work out.

However, I’m quietly optimistic about this signing. I really like Maupay.
Yes I guess I’m a bit negative. We just need more players. I don’t see him as a 9 because of his height but a secondary striker. Not sure if he can play the wings

Played over 30 games six years in a row (knocks on all wood near me) and has settled in a a 8-10 goal scorer in the PL. Had a similar season to Brereton-Diaz in the Championship before he made the jump, so we're essentially getting the finished product with a lot more PL experience, which is what we need at this point in time. I find him a bit annoying personally, but checks pretty much all of the boxes to be honest. Get it done quickly and start him up top Saturday.
And then we won't be able to shift him on. Better to buy the younger player, at least he may get better.

Maupay has been available all summer close to moves to Fulham and forest smacks a bit of desperation but there again we are desperate
True but it's weird to say but hes a decent panic buy, consistently scores around ten goals a season, mobile and can play anywhere up front vastly superior to Rondon. Like if he was our main striker I'd want someone more prolific but as a someone who can play in a front 2 or further back hes perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.