Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maupay is a Championship calibre striker. Brighton created countless chances in recent seasons yet he couldn't even bag double figures in either of the last two seasons. Their Xg was off the scale only to be let down by inadequate strikers like...yep you guessed it Maupay. Iheanacho would be an ideal striker to bring in for the reasons I stated. You don't rate a centre forward who played for Man City and left the club for a better chance at first team football and went onto win silverware at Leicester then that's up to you.

I take it Lampard will be changing the system again as Maupay isn't a striker that can be played up top on his own.
How can he be a championship striker if he’s played in the premier league the last few years?

Xg is not always a good metric to use as a judging tool. 35 goals and assists in 109 games isn’t bad, certainly more productive than what we have in the team right now.

He’s played up top on his own many times, with Gros, Trossard and Mooy off him; he’s either a main striker or a second striker.

How much would Leicester want for Iheanacho given Leicester’s financial troubles that appear worse than ours? I don’t think there’s much between them really age or ability wise.

Gana, Kudus, Brereton, Maupay + AG staying would be sound. If we can shift Gomes + Allan on top of Dele + Gbamin then it's even better.

It's defo enough to keep us in the league. Would've loved Joao Pedro but he's crocked sadly and Chelsea aren't letting Broja go. Rather keep starboy anyway.

It's solid and more balanced than last season.
Joao Pedro crocked?

Maupay seems an odd choice to me, doesn't really fit as a replacement target man when Dom is out and unlike Diaz he doesn't really have a possible alternative role in the side when Dom is fit- unless it's 352. It does sound like they are valuing PL experience over Diaz's versatility though.
I'm starting to wonder if we aren't building towards Thelwell's favored 3-5-2. Selling off wingers and replacing them with different types of forwards that compliment each other. Been linked with midfielders when we currently have about 8 and only play with 2.

All speculation obviously.

Kudus would be the important one to land from that lot in my opinion. We still lack a little creativity and he would bring bucket loads judging by good old YouTube....

(Plus he must be able to take a set piece, surely?!)
It would be cool if we could still get that one over the line. So bizarre how that reporting just died, almost like everyone was embarrassed they had gotten it wrong. Would be so nice to actually have impact players to bring off the bench.

Maupay and Diaz would be solid additions and give us options for style as well as competition. Both good ages, and relatively low fees/wages.

They aren’t overly ambitious moves, but sensible is necessary given our recent situation. We need a number of new players.

I still think we’ll still see one significant signing come in if Gordon goes.
They may not be the most glamorous signings but once Dom is fit again they’d be far and away be the best backup options we’ve had in what, over a decade? Looking at it this way, we’d be getting one striker who last season started for a team better than us and scored 8 goals and another who’s very promising who scored 20+ goals, albeit in a lower division and both are coming in to be our squad players.

I think the perspective of us being in a bit of a mess are really harming how these deals look, if we finished 7th or 8th last season and made these signings I genuinely think that these would be seen as very smart signings for the squad.

Think if Gordon leaves we’ll probably be in for Sarr, maybe someone bigger but I don’t know if I see us spending £35m+ on any player.

With Coleman playing RCB and Welch having a very decent game and even Myko playing as LCB with Vinagre replacing him at RWB, i can see Michael Keane leaving in the next few days, obviously he won't be happy that he is now behind all our defenders and will want first team football, as much as i dont like him as a player, a very decent person who will not sit on the bench and get paid and refuse to leave like Tosun and the rest

How can he be a championship striker if he’s played in the premier league the last few years?

Xg is not always a good metric to use as a judging tool. 35 goals and assists in 109 games isn’t bad, certainly more productive than what we have in the team right now.

He’s played up top on his own many times, with Gros, Trossard and Mooy off him; he’s either a main striker or a second striker.

How much would Leicester want for Iheanacho given Leicester’s financial troubles that appear worse than ours? I don’t think there’s much between them really age or ability wise.
I really rate Iheanacho.

Perfect partner for an out-an-out striker, which could be ideal for a club looking to coach the continental 3-5-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back