Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to wonder if we aren't building towards Thelwell's favored 3-5-2. Selling off wingers and replacing them with different types of forwards that compliment each other. Been linked with midfielders when we currently have about 8 and only play with 2.

All speculation obviously.

Think it would be more of a 532, given the wing backs we have, but yeah, I could see us playing that way, if we signed Maupay and Diaz

Maupay and Brenton Diaz
Both will do well for us in the Championship
And even better in League 1
I genuinely find it hilarious that people are thinking 2 players that both scored 20+ goals in the Championship at just 21 or 22 are suddenly less than Championship quality. Not to mention Maupay consistently scoring around 1/4 and better in the Premier League.

Maupay scored more than everyone of our players except Richarlison last year. There’s teams across Europe and in the PL after Brereton Diaz too but I’m sure he’s just a League One player, y’know despite being one of the Championship‘s best players and top scorers last year.

Kudus would be the important one to land from that lot in my opinion. We still lack a little creativity and he would bring bucket loads judging by good old YouTube....

(Plus he must be able to take a set piece, surely?!)
Looks to have a great left foot on him but not seen any set pieces in his videos. But yeah, i agree of the others we have been linked to he's the one I want most.

Think it would be more of a 532, given the wing backs we have, but yeah, I could see us playing that way, if we signed Maupay and Diaz
Patterson is a very attacking wing back, no problems there, Myko needs to work on the attacking side but it's not always a bad thing to have one more aggressive than the other, and if we need more aggressive options on that side we have Vinagre or even McNeil.

Maypay will score about 5 goals all season despite playing more matches than Calvert-Lewin and then everyone will wonder why on earth we didn't stay up. It's appalling. It really is.
In his 3 seasons with Brighton he scored 10 in one season and 8 goals in each of the other 2. I think for the money, it’s hard to see it as a bad signing, he is certainly an upgrade on what we have

Yeah, you'd think 10 with some add-ons would do it. 17.5 for a championship player with 1 year on his contract would be wild, so I suspect it's nonsense.

Depends how the deal is structured. If it’s a £10m then the rest is dependant on appearances, goals and sell on fee then I could see the total being £17.5m

I genuinely find it hilarious that people are thinking 2 players that both scored 20+ goals in the Championship at just 21 or 22 are suddenly less than Championship quality. Not to mention Maupay consistently scoring around 1/4 and better in the Premier League.

Maupay scored more than everyone of our players except Richarlison last year. There’s teams across Europe and in the PL after Brereton Diaz too but I’m sure he’s just a League One player, y’know despite being one of the Championship‘s best players and top scorers last year.
It seems no one is good enough for us. Even Lukaku wasn’t good enough for us.,

Honestly there are a lot that cannot comprehend the situation we are in and imagine we can purchase without limit.

With Coleman playing RCB and Welch having a very decent game and even Myko playing as LCB with Vinagre replacing him at RWB, i can see Michael Keane leaving in the next few days, obviously he won't be happy that he is now behind all our defenders and will want first team football, as much as i dont like him as a player, a very decent person who will not sit on the bench and get paid and refuse to leave like Tosun and the rest

You never know with footballers, it will probably depend on his options and if anyone will match the wages we are paying and where it is. I think he is most likely to stay. With playing 3 at the back we need a load of CB’s he will get his chance, sooner or later through injury or suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.