Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounding like he should hopefully be registered for tomorrow according to Myers and Romano.

At least it's no five-year deal and I'd expect relatively modest wages, much less than the likes of some players who don't even play such as Gomes, Allan, Mina, etc. I'm quite pleased with this signing as he's proven himself capable in this division and can be a very good squad option. We will still need another, though.

Apparently the "system" (of a back 5) is the issue, not the fact that we have a massive lack of quality in the final 3rd when missing DCL.

DCL back, Maupay as back up. We will be turning these results around.

FbAcPJPXoAA3dFq.png

Apparently the "system" (of a back 5) is the issue, not the fact that we have a massive lack of quality in the final 3rd when missing Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin back, Maupay as back up. We will be turning these results around.

View attachment 180347
As has been pointed out elsewhere, many of those shots were in the last 10 mins when we were losing and trying to rescue a point against a team that was holding on for a win.

Anyone who has watched our games will know that this stat doesn’t ring true.

Apparently the "system" (of a back 5) is the issue, not the fact that we have a massive lack of quality in the final 3rd when missing Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin back, Maupay as back up. We will be turning these results around.

View attachment 180347

Really think it we are signing Maupay, surely he will play with DCL, we will need his goals as well as Doms.

At least it's no five-year deal and I'd expect relatively modest wages, much less than the likes of some players who don't even play such as Gomes, Allan, Mina, etc. I'm quite pleased with this signing as he's proven himself capable in this division and can be a very good squad option. We will still need another, though.
I admire your optimism.

In 18 months we will be loaning this bum out in the January window to some Turkish club for buttons. Vault me.

I like maupay. Sure he’s not world class but we can’t afford world class players, what he is is a player that will work hard for the team, guarantees 10 goals/assists a season which we only have Dom capable of and offer 100 times a better replacement than rondon.

We’ve put ourselves in this situation spending ridiculous amounts on bad players, we’ve not overspent and improved our defence, improved our midfield and more than likely will improve it even more. We just need to add two players capable of hitting 10 goals/assists a season and we’ll be stronger attacking wise too even with richarlison having left, maupay would be one of them, add another and Calvert hopefully returning to fitness and we will have 3 players capable of scoring rather than just having richarlison last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back